Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day @ The Market Quarter.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Hopefully the night will be a great success and will pressure them in to doing something for Limerick next year..

Well done Ken, it looks like a great night and a good follow on from your mardi gras night. I just saw the 2 page spread in the digital edition of the Limerick post and I'll certainly be there. Hopefully Guinness will see the light of day and support you next year.
    Sorry about the attachment, I haven't a clue how to imbed an image in a post (if anyone wants to use it belt away!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Well done Ken, it looks like a great night and a good follow on from your mardi gras night. I just saw the 2 page spread in the digital edition of the Limerick post and I'll certainly be there. Hopefully Guinness will see the light of day and support you next year.
    Sorry about the attachment, I haven't a clue how to imbed an image in a post (if anyone wants to use it belt away!!)

Thanks John, will pass the best wishes on to everyone else.

The Market Quarter is made up of lots of business in Denmark, Ellen st etc and the surrounding areas.

We will have lots of events coming up over the next year, not all night time and pub oriantated.

We will be working with the Market for Halloween having competitions and face painting for kids etc....

Hoping to have a live crib in St Micheals church and working very hard to get a huge amout of xmas lights for the area for this year.

Will be hoping to have The Market Quarter as a premier destintaion to watch all rugby matchs and attract more tourists to the area.

Must add that the council and guards always seem to get stick but they work with us and are always most helpful and supportive in every way....

Anyways back to arthurs day, think and hope its going to be very good this year so hopefully every cango out and support there local and have a good evening...

Rgds - Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'll be there, and I'll get my camera to tag along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

59536_148918901811862_136945626342523_216403_1308356_n.jpg

59536_148918905145195_136945626342523_216404_2323155_n.jpg

62772_148918885145197_136945626342523_216402_1484487_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

A gang of us are planing a crawl in the Market Quarter. The entertainment line up looks pretty good. Not so sure I'll be there at 6pm but I presume it will be busier as the night progresses. Come to think of it Friday may not be that productive!

• Advertisement

hay knockon....

good to hear.... will be having a turf fire with the guinness so follow the smell of country!!!!

Rgds - ken

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I presume that barge isn't being rolled up Denmark St!!!

hay knockon....

good to hear.... will be having a turf fire with the guinness so follow the smell of country!!!!

Rgds - ken

Thanks ken - will see you about some time in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Great night, Great celebration!

Some shots:
    IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8672.jpg

IMG_8681%20copy.jpg

IMG_8694%20copy.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

Great evening for Arthurs Day....

Lot in for the toast and early evening...

Thanks everyone who came in and great pics C.....

Turf fires are the future!!!!!

Later - Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

7th pic down- wow mickey fest extravaganza, glad I stayed home & drank craft beer as opposed to a mass marketed london based companies makeee upeee day.

PS Only country in the world where 10000 pubs all have the same beer on tap.

PPS fair play on the turf fire.

TheWarrior wrote: »
    7th pic down- wow mickey fest extravaganza, glad I stayed home & drank craft beer as opposed to a mass marketed london based companies makeee upeee day.

PS Only country in the world where 10000 pubs all have the same beer on tap.

PPS fair play on the turf fire.

I drank a few pints for €2.51 a pint with a few mates. Beats drinking at home conjuring up homophobic thoughts and conspiracy theories.

You sure you were'nt drinking bitter lemon?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

On a personal note i'm delighted Guinness decided not to bring their latest marketing gimmick to the city. Yes, lets raise a few more euros pint for Diageo and their ultra bland mass produced watery blackstuff.

If you want proper Irish stout, that isn't brewed by a money grabbing multinational corporation and 100% Irish owned, seek out O'Hara's or Shandon Stout. No big fancy marketing campaigns from them, just a proper pint.

Each to their own eh.... at least we all have to option to stay in and have a few or pop into town for the evening..... if we were all behind the wall in the 40's we'd have no choice so I'm happy for that!!!!

All the women BTW were holding everyones seccond pint of the black stuff that were just being poured for them :D:D

I'd much rather Diagio put a few more euro my way but believe me thats never going to happen...

A makey up day, what, never, sure isn't it on the same time every year now, 3rd Thursday of September!!!!! just like a real festive day:cool::cool:

Unfortunately the bank doesn't listen to stories just the sound of ching ching so we gotta make hay in what ever way we can, even if the grass has gone to ****!!!!

Hey G.... where'd we get a pint of O'Hara's or the other around???

Happy Arthyrs day, many happy returns!!!

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Beamish! What Guiness used to taste like! :)

I'd say there was some resistance around Cork way to Arthur Guinness...

I think the gigs all over Ireland was a good idea, was a good vibe around...

It's no more phoney than what Paddys day has become....

Advertisement