Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Project

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

sstalins wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently doing my leaving cert history project. My subject is Hitler, 1889-1919. My course is Dictatorship and democracy in Europe. Is the title too close to the couse or does it matter. Can any one advise?:)

Hi!
    Tbh your topic is very broad, it'll be difficult to narrow it all down to fit into the wordcount while still keeping all the relevant information.

You could focus on one particular event in Hitler's early life/career, such as the Beer Hall Putsch (sp?) or something. You'll get plenty of info on it from three sources, but not so much that it's impossible to "prune" it, as my history teacher said :D

Your topic can come from your course (once it's not a key personality, word for word). But I actually found that doing something from outside my course (for me, the Tet Offensive in the Vietnam War) kept my interest as I wasn't doing it in school too.

You probably could do your intended topic, but those are just a couple of ideas that might make your task a little easier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greenbox

I have chosen to talk about the harsh treatment of Armenians under ottoman empire control but reading your comments i am guessing it is WAY too broad a topic what do you think??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

greenbox wrote: »
    I have chosen to talk about the harsh treatment of Armenians under ottoman empire control but reading your comments i am guessing it is WAY too broad a topic what do you think??
    Pick one incident and write about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AWalkInTheFall

Ditzie wrote: »
    I know I'm in the same boat, I've started it but I got 97% in my one last year, It sucks you can't use it :(

I repeated my leaving cert last year and even though you're not meant to use the same project, I completely did and my new history teacher told us all to basically repeat as well, and only change the title slightly and slightly change the direction of the project which we did, and I ended up getting 99/100 in the project (I think it's out of 100 anyway), so as long as it's not word for word the same, you should be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 damad1

im thinking of doing mine on the venetians involvment in the fourth crusade. is this too broad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Would it be better just to focus on a personality for my project, or should I focus on an event?
    I was think of doing the involvement of the irish in the Spanish civil war, or else something to do with the crimean war.
    It has to be finished for next month, so I'm under some time constraints here...
    Can anybody be of assistance?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Would it be better just to focus on a personality for my project, or should I focus on an event?
    I was think of doing the involvement of the irish in the Spanish civil war, or else something to do with the crimean war.
    It has to be finished for next month, so I'm under some time constraints here...
    Can anybody be of assistance?

Is the personality of historical significance? Can you focus on part of their life?

If you are doing a popular choice make sure to take it from an angle, remember that 8000 other students will be handing up a project! So something JFK related will land you with probably a hundred competitors, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I did mine on personalities a few years ago. My topic was How Fascism influenced Sport, or something along that, basically just a project on Mussolini's involvement in the creation of Serie A, and the Italian world cup victories, and Hitler's use of the Olympics as a way to show Aryan supremacy. I'd imagine it's a topic not done a lot, and I ended up getting 99/100 in it, so it clearly worked.

Advertisement