Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas [TNT - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Just after watching jrs funeral god I haven't stopped crying:o:o:o will probably watch it again when I stop. A little piece of my childhood died today. Rip larry hagman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just watched it there myself. Very sad indeed. I think they handled the story line very well. I guess we will never know whether that story was written (just in case) or was written literally before shooting (pardon the pun).

I would have liked to have seen an emotional response when Bobby and Sue Ellen received the news of JR's death.

Would love to say more about show but don't want to spoil it for people who may not have seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Excellent episode.. loved the redone intro sequence.

I think we're safe enough talking about it as the thread itself has a spoiler warning? If not then stop here....

Poor Sue Ellen. Despite it all she still loved him and I wonder what her relapse will mean now.

John Ross reacted about as expected, but wtf with Emma?

Bobby and Sue Ellen (or Patrick and Linda to be more accurate) are the two I guess it hit hardest. People die in TV shows all the time but in this case they were also saying goodbye to a dear friend from what I've seen of interviews etc. That must have been tough and I'd say a lot of those tears were genuine :(

RIP JR/Larry.

Am I right in thinking we are going to get another
    'who shot JR'
    story line?

• Advertisement

I was half expecting flashback moments but none sad to say totally agree with comments on the intro very nicely done . Have to say the actresses who played Mandy winger and Lucy Ewing time has not been good to them just shows ou how well Linda Grey has kept herself. Jrs other sons well where we're they???? One thing I picked up on was when that dodgy p.i. Of jr told Christopher to find his mother.... He didn't exactly say pam. Music featured heavily in the show also. How do you cover text so that you don't spoil things

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This thread is for the US pace of the show, and the thread title has a *Spoiler* warning. Anything that has aired up to this point is fair game, and can be discussed without spoiler tags.

For your own reference, you can do spoiler tags like this:

[ spoiler ] Text here [ /spoiler ] (Remove spaces within [] tags)
    Text here

Right so I seem to have got the clear so here goes on my take of things I reckon Christopher is really jrs son that makes the next generation of brothers at war( wonder where that one came from???). I don't reckon pam is the mother in question that Christopher has to find ( we know in real life vic principal is not coming back) perhaps Kirsten shepherd will shed light or be real mammy and would tie in with the original who shot jr. I reckon Ryland is in cahoots with cliff in some way. As for who shot jr well ?????

Theory two: it was all a dream and jr comes back in the shower heheehee....... I wish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

if it turned of jr was Christophers real father and he had the dna tampered would be the greatest twist of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

gjc wrote: »
    Right so I seem to have got the clear so here goes on my take of things I reckon Christopher is really jrs son that makes the next generation of brothers at war( wonder where that one came from???). I don't reckon pam is the mother in question that Christopher has to find ( we know in real life vic principal is not coming back) perhaps Kirsten shepherd will shed light or be real mammy and would tie in with the original who shot jr. I reckon Ryland is in cahoots with cliff in some way. As for who shot jr well ?????

Theory two: it was all a dream and jr comes back in the shower heheehee....... I wish!!!

Kirsten is dead and even though It was hinted at that JR was Christogers father it was accepted that Kirstens husband Jeff was the father.

• Advertisement

Right so theory three jr wasn't a Ewing after all and he knew it all along he was the cuckoo in the nest don't know why I'm thinking this but the outcome needs to be explosive rather than just a slight twist. Bobby said " this is between me and my brother "

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Kirsten is dead and even though It was hinted at that JR was Christogers father it was accepted that Kirstens husband Jeff was the father.

we know jr, maybe he found out he was the father but to save bobbys feelings he decided to pull strings and change the dna tests

• Registered Users Posts: 85,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where was Callie's child with JR and also his son James?

I hope they recast the role of Pam if VP wont return, she was burnt so anyone could play her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode this week. Tops everything so far! I've only seen bits of the original show. I was too young at the time it was on and mostly my parents sent me to bed after the news on a Saturday night. I think this week's episode is one for the die hard fans who know the characters inside out and have watched the original show since S01E01.

I loved the special opening and it was a very nice touch. Made me feel very sad that the image of JR dissolving at the end was the last we were ever going to see of JR. The episode reminded me of the old Dallas. I suppose it was the reappearance of Ray, Gary, Lucy and Cliff. I didn't really know who the two ladies Sue Ellen was speaking to. One scene I'm sure the old hands would have appreciated. The drunk cowboy and the punch up was fantastic as well.

One thing I'm really starting to like about this show is the inclusion of real life personalities. Last week we had Ricky the racing driver who I'd taken to calling Ricky Bobby until something about his poor acting bothered me and I did some research and realised the guy was a real-life Ricky Bobby and used to race in NASCAR. This week we got the real life mayor of Dallas, Mark Cuban and some other guy thrown in for good measure.

I was wondering how long Sue Ellen could keep herself from guzzling a bottle of something! I wonder will this be a future plot feature? The funeral scene was fantastic and it was hard not to feel very sad all over again. JR is really one of TV's great characters. I just really hope the show doesn't suffer from his loss in the long run but I'm starting to think it's developing it's own steam.

The John Ross/Emma thing was just bizarre! She's not in the door a wet week and is already getting them out for John Ross! The only way that could have been funnier is if it was Christopher carrying on with her.

I have to say that I'm loving the show this season. It's already half way through and I'm wishing it was a full 24 ep order! I really think this week deserves a 10/10 however!

One thing that has puzzled me about the re boot is why jr and cliff were never in a scene together I know both of them agreed to limited amounts of episodes due to their own ailments but one last scene between them never resulted or am I wrong???

Just watched this again. 42 k other people also have
    http://youtu.be/RAoKH8QBT0Y

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

The first time we saw Cliff in S1 he was at Southfork talking to Bobby and JR walked in, I think?

Watching Episode 9 at the moment.. they're pouring the surprises on thick and fast so far! ... annnd it didn't disappoint.

Loved JR's will :p
    JR III and Christopher working together!
    Ryland's mommy issues reaching another new level
    Welcome back Valene
    We get to see just how far Cliff will go in his hatred of the Ewings

If they can keep up this standard after JR's loss then I think this show could run for a good while yet. Can't wait till next week

Sorry ignore post

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

^^ Any chance of some punctuation? :o

Mr E wrote: »
    ^^ Any chance of some punctuation? :o
    Sorry the touch screen is totally gone I'm gonna delete the above post I've threathened do many times to throw it out of window Please excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Loved the Will also. Leaving Gary the bottle of scotch-Classic JR! John Ross is such a good character. He can say so much with a look.

The Will was great, especially the special letter from Miss Ellie, a very nice touch. I hate to say it but so far it's not bothering me greatly that JR has gone. I thought the show might die without him but it seems to be well capable of staying on it's down two feet. I think we were lucky in that there was just enough time for the cast to get comfortable with the roles before JR's death. I think the new guys are very capable of carrying on the legacy now.

squonk wrote: »
    The Will was great, especially the special letter from Miss Ellie, a very nice touch. I hate to say it but so far it's not bothering me greatly that JR has gone. I thought the show might die without him but it seems to be well capable of staying on it's down two feet. I think we were lucky in that there was just enough time for the cast to get comfortable with the roles before JR's death. I think the new guys are very capable of carrying on the legacy now.

I'd agree with you to a certain extent. I have to say the actor who plays Elana is shockingly bad. She has the same expression for every scene. She's a beautiful girl and no doubt that is why she is there but to me she is the weakest character and actor. I wouldn't be surprised if she is killed off in a series finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Ross is great, good casting there with Josh Henderson imo, he worked well with Larry and still does with Linda, a nice natural chemistry like they are really parents and son :P if that makes sense

I like John Ross with Rebecca/Pamela more than him with Elena or Emma

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Does it occur to anybody that Bobby and Christoppher were quite thick to get into bed with John Ross? How many times has Bobby been burned? Character development in these types of shows is quite narrow-quite black and white. Its almost as if the Sopranos never happened . I enjoy it but really you think in the 20 years gap between series there would be an attempt beyond cliche characters!

No surprises in this weeks episode loved it when John Ross said " lets close it all up and open a sandwich bar " if they don't up the storyline with a few twists I might actually agree with him. Eleana is totally dead wood in the show

gjc wrote: »
    No surprises in this weeks episode loved it when John Ross said " lets close it all up and open a sandwich bar " if they don't up the storyline with a few twists I might actually agree with him. Eleana is totally dead wood in the show

I dunno.. I think it's building nicely. Totally agree on Elena though (she wasn't the best in the Fast and Furious movies either). Won't be a loss if she's written out.

i really do worry the series could be on the verge of cancellation, theres been no word of a season 3 ratings continue to drop and the next two weeks are both double episodes like they wanna finish it off fast

That'd be a pity. Season 1 I thought was OK but could do better but Season 2 so far has been one of the stars of this year's TV lineup. I think they've finally hit their stride and things are building very nicely this year. The shorter season format seems to help keep the quality up with virtually no filler episodes at all this season. They did some great work with some very unforeseen circumstances (Larry's death) and really hit it out of the park for those few episodes, despite some clips being used from Season 1.

Do TNT have much else in their lineup to fall back on? Dallas is a big name so I'd have seen it as a lock for Season 3 based on worldwide sales. Sadly I fear if the show is cancelled now then it's final curtains for Dallas really. I can't see a new reboot without JR's presence ever getting off the ground. They're just lucky now to have had him around just long enough to build up a following.

• Advertisement

That'd be a pity. Season 1 I thought was OK but could do better but Season 2 so far has been one of the stars of this year's TV lineup. I think they've finally hit their stride and things are building very nicely this year. The shorter season format seems to help keep the quality up with virtually no filler episodes at all this season. They did some great work with some very unforeseen circumstances (Larry's death) and really hit it out of the park for those few episodes, despite some clips being used from Season 1.

Do TNT have much else in their lineup to fall back on? Dallas is a big name so I'd have seen it as a lock for Season 3 based on worldwide sales. Sadly I fear if the show is cancelled now then it's final curtains for Dallas really. I can't see a new reboot without JR's presence ever getting off the ground. They're just lucky now to have had him around just long enough to build up a following.

there fall line up has been announced and dallas isn't on it so at best if it is renewed it will most likely be spring 2014, i really have enjoyed last nights double bill(us pace) so im hoping it gets another chance

Advertisement