Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London: September beers, Friday 17th

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:05pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE: We're on for Friday 17th at the Black Lion in Kilburn. Address is 274 Kilburn High Road, London, NW6 2BY, for more info see here.

Righto folks, it's about that time again. It seems there are a few of us around in the NW area so I'm going to be cheeky and suggest we go for Kilburn for the next beers - there are a few decent pubs on the Kilburn High Road (the Black Lion, Powers, The Good Ship, the Kings Head), there are some good food places around (Ruchi for Indian, Spicy Basil for Thai, Casareccia for Italian), and it's a good transport hub.

I'm going to suggest the Black Lion as a starter, but we could always to a mini-pub-crawl if we feel like it.

What say ye? Vote for preferred dates in the poll, though I'm leaning towards a Friday or Saturday myself so we can have a proper night of it...

What date would you prefer for the September beers? 8 votes

Friday 17th
    0%
    Saturday 18th
    75%
    D-GenerateFyshbluedolphincolly_06LadyMayBelleSinall 6 votes
    Friday 24th
    25%
    silvervixen84Dr.Giggles 2 votes
    Saturday 25th
    0%
    Other (please post in-thread to specify)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Saturday 18th
    Friday 17th for me and I will be at this one.... honest!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Friday 24th
    Ooh, count me in, just landed 2 weeks ago and as of this weekend coming will be living in Ruislip. I'm dying to meet new people, and who better than fellow boardsies!! Can I bring my friend too even though she's not on boards?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 18th
    Ooh, count me in, just landed 2 weeks ago and as of this weekend coming will be living in Ruislip. I'm dying to meet new people, and who better than fellow boardsies!! Can I bring my friend too even though she's not on boards?

Do sure, the more the merrier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Saturday 18th
    I *really* want to do my very best to make this!! Like, *really*! The only snag is I'm in Ireland the weekend of the 24/25 Sept, and the weekend of the 17/18 my tenancy is up, so currently flat-hunting like crazy but if things get sorted (fingers' crossed) there is great potential that I may show up... Weally wanna! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Saturday 18th
    A Spicy Basil green curry followed by a night with a band in Powers and the jukebox in the Kings Head...yes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 18th
    Looks like it's Friday 17th from the poll.

Saturday 18th
    Looks possible that I may be able to come as I've sorted a new flat (in S. London though!) so hopefully if the move goes all right etc. can make an appearance! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Friday 24th
    I would really like to go, I am new in London and I don't know anyone! :( but I live in the south west so getting home from there would be a bit of trouble me thinks

Saturday 18th
    Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I would really like to go, I am new in London and I don't know anyone! :( but I live in the south west so getting home from there would be a bit of trouble me thinks

Whereabouts? Check out the night buses, and also you could always come for a bit and catch the last trains/tubes home :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Aw my dissertation is due on the 17th so I'll be heading out with my class that night. I'd be able to make the 18th though!

Dr Giggles, I live in SW11 (near Clapham Junction) Night buses are so much better in London than at home, you don't need to buy a special ticket or anything you just need your oyster card! If you don't have one there are ticket machines at many of the stops too (get an oyster card though, sooooo much cheaper)

• Advertisement

Saturday 18th
    I am in SW17 so yup I am way down south-west too but its not really a bother. The night busses are great and its like a late night road-trip through parts of London that your only experience of is being buried a number of metres underground!

Saturday 18th
    Okay, unless a nightshift turns up for me (still doing agency work) I'll be there and may even bring along my OH. As I said, kings head, I'm there!

Friday 24th
    ah I see, well I was thinking normally i get the night bus from Trafalgar Square ... but i am guessing there will be a night bus to there since they all pass through it I think!

oh i live in Earlsfield, hmm maybe i will pop along :P If ye will have me :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Friday 24th
    Is it Friday night so?

Saturday 18th
    Yep, Friday night it is. I've been reminded that the Black Lion also does hot food so I should be there for about 7:30 onwards. I'll post up a mugshot later so you know who to look for.

If this is going to be your first time along, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number.

Saturday 18th
    Potential that move-in date to new flat has been pushed back to Friday, so not sure what's happening yet. If I can move in on Thursday and get all my stuff across, I'll definitely pop along; otherwise, if it's Friday I may not be able to come due to the mountains of possessions I have acquired needing to be transported from NW to SE :( I'll have a better idea tomorrow for definite anyway. Boo on letting agencies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Saturday 18th
    Count me in! PM sent

Friday 24th
    count me in too! I finish work at 6 so I am not sure what time ill be there at :)

Saturday 18th
    PM sent so yup I'm committed to making this session!

Friday 24th
    PM sent, looking forward to meeting you all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Just spotted this thread now - Sorry won't be able to make any of the weekends in September but hope to see you all at the October beers!!! :D

Saturday 18th
    Looking forward to meeting a few new faces tonight - there's a mugshot of me here so you know who to look for. I'll be the twit in the orange Yogi Bear t-shirt.

See you all tonight!

Saturday 18th
    Can I plug this in case there's any other likeminded folk who fancy a dance on Fridays?? http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122240131160883

Tis in the Good Ship in Kilburn

Saturday 18th
    It may involve an hours commute to get there but I will be there tonight. What times are people thinking of?

Saturday 18th
    D-Generate wrote: »
    It may involve an hours commute to get there but I will be there tonight. What times are people thinking of?

Myself and the other half should be at the Lion by 7:30.

Friday 24th
    I can't give an accurate estimate as it depends on how long my friend takes to get ready!! I'll say 8.30-9.30, hopefully! :D

Saturday 18th
    Myself and probably the OH will be down around 8 all going well :) Looking forward to it

Saturday 18th
    We're sitting outside as it's quite busy inside

Saturday 18th
    Hmmm. Judging by the fuzziness of my head that was definitely a good night :) 8 newcomers is a record and a good bar to aim for in future, I think.

How are the heads this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Saturday 18th
    Also have a fuzzy head!

Great night, good choice of pubs!

Advertisement