Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runaholic

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Before taking up the running, I had a stash of chocolate bars, sweets, instant milkshake drinks coke and crisps.

Now I have to hide my stash of gels, jelly babies, proetien bars, carbo bars, recovery shakes, brown rice and locozade sport so that my running habit isnt exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I remember back in May while in the Blackrock clinictrying to convince the cardiologist that I could do the Cork marathon 1 week after cardiac surgery. I was down as a pacer for the 4.30 I told him!!!! My wife was just sitting shaking her head telling the Doc what she has to put up with.

Instead I ran 11 miles with HM on her M2M (and then 5 miles back the road) couple of days before surgery:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

baza1976 wrote: »
    I remember back in May while in the Blackrock clinictrying to convince the cardiologist that I could do the Cork marathon 1 week after cardiac surgery. I was down as a pacer for the 4.30 I told him!!!! My wife was just sitting shaking her head telling the Doc what she has to put up with.

Instead I ran 11 miles with HM on her M2M (and then 5 miles back the road) couple of days before surgery:o

ladies and gentlemen - we have a winner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

ladies and gentlemen - we have a winner :)

Yep I agree. That will take some beating but do you know what? There is always somebody out there madder than you, just like there is always somebody faster or stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

:D
    How obsessed are ye with "PEE COLOUR"...???

• Advertisement

Magnet wrote: »
    :D
    How obsessed are ye with "PEE COLOUR"...???

Straw like colour is good, any darker is bad :-) Opps, I'm obsessed!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Decided to cut my run short this evening - for valid reasons I may add - 10 seconds later I had turned up the road to go the longer route without even realising it. Finally copped on about half a mile later and figured I may as well keep going... Am I a runaholic? I think I'll stay in denial for another while yet...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Browsing boards on your iPhone at 3am while your friends are bugerred off with ransomers m 'cos you're just that hammered/obsessed.

Yes this message took fooking aons to type out in a legible manner! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Browsing boards on your iPhone at 3am while your friends are bugerred off with ransomers m 'cos you're just that hammered/obsessed.

Yes this message took fooking aons to type out in a legible manner! :pac:

Written at 3 am and edited at 5 am bloody iPhones should have a breathalyser app :)

Written at 3 am and edited at 5 am bloody iPhones should have a breathalyser app :)

I was going to comment on the edit too. :pac:

Got a wake up call from an Gardaí at 8am. Weird night. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I was going to comment on the edit too. :pac:

Did he wake you up to tell you it was time to go home? ;)

Or were you found loitering around the Firhouse Community Centre waiting for today's race to start at 11am? Now that would be an obsessed runaholic! :)

If I try to defend myself I'm just going to dig a bigger hole. I'm never going to live this down...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If your friend buggered off with a ransomer, then it's just as well you had a guard handy.

i heard of a tiger robbery, but never heard of a raccoon robbery. Are the kidnappers still on the run? ( excuse the pun. ) :-)

Not as early as my wake up call :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

xebec wrote: »
    Not as early as my wake up call :pac: :P
    Steady on, alot could be written into that:eek:

gerard65 wrote: »
    Steady on, alot could be written into that:eek:

Now now gerard65, you steady on! Let's just say it wasn't a particularly welcome wakeup call! Although I'm reliably informed it was an accident...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I really want to know what happened now. We'll have to ply RQ with drinks after the HM next week and hope she'll spill the beans.

It was an accident. The text I got in reply underlined your lack of appreciation anyway. :pac:

I was just taking the phone out of my pocket and going to set my alarm to get up for my cycle and then his number pops up, I thought he was ringing me. :rolleyes: However, if you want to ply me with drinks, go right ahead! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It was an accident. The text I got in reply underlined your lack of appreciation anyway. :pac:

I was just taking the phone out of my pocket and going to set my alarm to get up for my cycle and then his number pops up, I thought he was ringing me. :rolleyes: However, if you want to ply me with drinks, go right ahead! :)

:confused::confused:
    The only thing I can work out is that you must have been in coppers last night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

xebec wrote: »
    Now now gerard65, you steady on! Let's just say it wasn't a particularly welcome wakeup call! Although I'm reliably informed it was an accident...
    I nearly spat a mouthful of guinness over my laptop reading that, I've a very sick mind:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭aero2k

Aimman wrote: »
    i heard of a tiger robbery, but never heard of a raccoon robbery. Are the kidnappers still on the run? ( excuse the pun. ) :-)
    Was just about to say she's a llama now, but I see that's all changed....

...must be the drink!

Advertisement