Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decided to repeat

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    can people give me a list of ag science as i cant find the checklist on skoool.ie?

what is ag science? i no its farming but what will i be learning??????:eek:

http://www.curriculumonline.ie/en/Post-Primary_Curriculum/Senior_Cycle_Curriculum/Leaving_Certificate_Established/Agricultural_Science/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Read all of this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467114

The curriculum is only 5 pages long and not a bit detailed. It was written in 1969.

But a general summary

Plant Science
    Animal Physiology
    Genetics
    Soil Science
    Grassland
    Crops: Root Crops and Cereal Crops (Probably Potato and Barley)
    Animal Health and Nutrition
    Pigs
    Sheep
    Dairy and Beef Cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

seems interesting enough.
    so, would it be a good move to take on geog and ag science?
    thing is, french is hard enuf without irish again!!!!
    i find languages difficult tbh!:confused: french is fine on its own. but hate irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Ditzie wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, did you come up in English? because a friend of mine repeated english and was sorry she did as she got the same grade and put alot of work in because of the new course so now I'm undcided on whether to repeat it or not...
    i actually got the same grade too. it was the only subject that I didn't go up in and even though i got my course it felt like a kick in the teeth after all my hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

lctake2 wrote: »
    i actually got the same grade too. it was the only subject that I didn't go up in and even though i got my course it felt like a kick in the teeth after all my hard work

Thanks, I've heard of a lot of people in the same boat, but because I love english I'm going to repaet it anyway... I'm stubborn I know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Shona R

im repeating this yr..im doing LCVP. did it last year too and got the 70 points distinction.. very easy to get 70 points but as already said if your lookin for highr then 70 points for your extra subject dont do it. however LCVP is very beneficial relating to business and enterprise in a future career..

I recommend business to anyone..very easy to learn..i hated it and didnt work for it and i came out with a B3 in higher..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pineapple 09

I have good notes on French and chemistry on sale on ebay if anyone is interested. Recieved A1 in leaving cert using just the notes so they are useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

is two new subjects too much of a risk?

It'd be great to only have to do 1 language as i suck at them! :)
    and if i passed a HL paper, its more marks than Irish OL

advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    is two new subjects too much of a risk?

It'd be great to only have to do 1 language as i suck at them! :)
    and if i passed a HL paper, its more marks than Irish OL

advice?

Didn't you already ask this in an earlier post? Seriously, at this stage just pick two subjects and get on with it. It's already the middle of September. The longer you dither over it, the less time you will have to learn anything.

Advertisement