Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strange death of MI6 agent Gareth Williams.

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That actually comes across as a miserable excuse to try and save their friends name. It's fairly shocking that the media are insisting on tearing into him, but that stuff there is pretty unbelievable.

I wouldn't be surprised to find Sian Loyd-Jones hadn't spoken to him in years and is trying to make a quick buck. The other article is also fairly weak on evidence and strong in rumour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

So you have no problem accepting the 'Official' Smear,from nameless faceless sources with a vested interest to make this go away, but People who actually knew the deceased and question the official story are out to make a quick buck and must obviously be lying :rolleyes:

Isnt Critical thinking one of your catchcries

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So you have no problem accepting the 'Official' Smear,from nameless faceless sources with a vested interest to make this go away, but People who actually knew the deceased and question the official story are out to make a quick buck and must obviously be lying :rolleyes:
    Have you actually read the articles? They come across as tabloid rubbish. This is what I pointed out. I never said the official story must be true (especially since there isn't actually an official story yet, it's all still being investigated).

Do you honestly think that MI6 are so stupid that the best they can do is hire someone who carries around his top secret information to his friends house and tells her all about his top secret job and his new identity?

Does that not seem a little sensationalist to you? It's a bizarre story in a paper reknowned for making up stories. There's not a whole lot of reasons to assume it must be true. That's not to say it's false, it just sounds too ridiculous.
    Isnt Critical thinking one of your catchcries
    I don't have a catchphrase. But I'd like people to weigh up all the evidence and decide for themselves what the story may be. I'd advise against starting at the conclusion that MI6 are evil and killed the guy and any evidence that may back this up must be misinformation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yesa I dd read the Articles, The Express one is fairly straightforward, the guy was good at his Job, as for the interview with hs childhood friend, well it seems to add up as an account of a guy who was a Child prodigy, picked at a young age to enter the Inteligence services, the detail about the Dresses and shoes being too small for him is interesting, it would lend credence to her theory trhat they were for his Sister, as for going to Drag shows and looking stuff up on the Internet, I'd be terrified of what sort of links they could make if I died and someone backtracked the things that I do:eek:

but based on the three articles presented here regards his death the Interview with Sian does the most to create an impression of who the guy was.

As for going round to her house and working on 'secret'Papers, am I the only one reading this who thinks that he Fancied the Arse off this chick and wanted to bignote himself a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Advertisement