Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Blair pelted with eggs at book signing in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

If they're breaking the law I don't have much problem with Gardai being aggressive trying to apprehend them. Tony Blair wasn't breaking the law when he was signing his book.

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

Gaysus wasn't breaking the law signing books after signing the orders to kill millions of iraqis

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

CLASSIC :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

sligopark wrote: »
    no silly I would think dumping all our national savings and tax take into thier buddys banks and investments should be reason enough - the y elections are an example of their complete disregard for democracy and the gombeen irish voter as an example

So you think the Irish electorate are idiots, but you expect them to rise up and violently overthrow their government. And tell me, who among the goombeens do you think would lead?

Sorry bud but I think it is you who are mistaken - perhaps you haven't any friends or family in the guards - I have both and I can tell you they would stand aside right now

Do your "friends" and "family" you're so close to, know you can't even spell Gardaí?

So you think theres massive public and garda support for this violent revolution, but yet, it's not materialised.
    and these chaps never would have thought it.

I have no idea what this sentence even means.
    Reality is something I am very much in touch with.

So riddle me this Batman, if you're so confident of the public's mood, and the Garda why has nothing like you've talked about happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

Gaysus wasn't breaking the law signing books after signing the orders to kill millions of iraqis

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

Ok so what law did he break in this country?
    Do the people just wanting to get their book signed deserve to be abused by the rabble?

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA AHA

I'm sorry you would be able to show us what that order was and when did he sign it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

there is some sort of Class action type tingy that ya can download and try and serve on him, but Shoe/egg peltin :D:D:D

• Advertisement

there is some sort of Class action type tingy that ya can download and try and serve on him, but Shoe/egg peltin

Class Action Suit? Honestly? Really?

Greek lawyers have presented a case to the International Criminal Court in the Hague.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ireland seems to be getting a good reputation for throwing stuff at famous people. First Mr.Rose and now Blair. And that really achieves alot. :rolleyes:
    How about doing the same to our own government while people are still at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The sceptic argument here is laughable.
    Violence from protestors is wrong, but violence from Gardai is pefrectly OK.

Violence is wrong full stop.

Protestors should simply have the intelligence to know it's a waste of time.
    Gardai are trained to deal with protestors without resprting to needing to "give out a few deserved belts to scumbags", and therefor have no excuses for acting in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

They were a disgrace and an embarrassment to the country, hypocrites too. What did they actually hope to achieve? More people turned up for the book signing, and they called the people turning up traitors. Gardai should have baton charged them

That is such an ignorant comment. Those PEACEFUL protesters are
    hereos that have the balls to stand up to TYRANNY and have every
    right to protest against Tony Blair who entered a war on a lie and is
    responsible for the deaths of many many poor iraqis :mad:

It makes me sick that you have this attitude against the protestors
    and not against someone who is responsible for the deaths of many. :mad:

It should have been bliar thrown in the back of the paddy wagon
    and not those young lads who have EMPATY for their fellow human
    being :mad:

so they threw an egg at him big deal :confused:

rye1967 wrote: »
    +1.

Those noisy protesters can change nothing with their noise and insults. What's done is done.

Your ignorance is astounding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2uTwxAmWSkhe

The sad part is the iraqi people are still suffering to this day. Oh
    how i wish i could say whats done is done, but the sad part is
    that its still going on over there....
    oh yeah but you dont see that on the 6 0 clock news, right?

• Advertisement

joe12345 wrote: »
    That is such an ignorant comment. Those PEACEFUL protesters are
    hereos that have the balls to stand up to TYRANNY and have every
    right to protest against Tony Blair who entered a war on a lie and is
    responsible for the deaths of many many poor iraqis :mad:

It makes me sick that you have this attitude against the protestors
    and not against someone who is responsible for the deaths of many. :mad:

It should have been bliar thrown in the back of the paddy wagon
    and not those young lads who have EMPATY for their fellow human
    being :mad:

so they threw an egg at him big deal :confused:
    Except that they weren't peaceful, they broke the law. They have the right to protest peacefully, not go breaking the law, hurling missiles, charging garda lines, and intimidating fellow citizens of this country who only wanted to get their book signed. I don't have this attitude to all protesters, I have it to the ridiculus ones who break the law. There's plenty of protests around the country that manage to be peaceful, how come this rabble couldn't do it?
    They've also ensured with their violence that Tony Blair gets free publicity for his book around the world.

Except that they weren't peaceful, they broke the law. They have the right to protest peacefully, not go breaking the law, hurling missiles, charging garda lines, and intimidating fellow citizens of this country who only wanted to get their book signed. I don't have this attitude to all protesters, I have it to the ridiculus ones who break the law. There's plenty of protests around the country that manage to be peaceful, how come this rabble couldn't do it?
    They've also ensured with their violence that Tony Blair gets free publicity for his book around the world.

the people queuing to get their book signed just proved to me how
    dumb and heartless the general public can be. :rolleyes:

and from what I heard it was peaceful. dont believe everything
    you hear on the pathetic 'Main Stream Media' :pac:

here is a post from another unnamed forum from one of the protestors:

"Just got back from the protest the feeling at it was of sheer outrage and disgust that our government would wine and dine and pay for this horrible **** to sign his **** book in our city shutting down many businesses in the process and having at least 60 very heavy handed gardai protecting the bastard and the security railing.

Let me make one point very clear before you read the MSM propaganda about IRA groups and all this ****, NO PROTESTER was violent or acted in any way to provoke the gardas, it was a peaceful demonstration of many groups and political parties and anti war movements. The Gardas got very aggressive and heavy handed and arrested 4 men (none more than 20) for literarally nothing and it was a way to disruprt the entire protest and break it up. The Gardas some of which were extremley aggressive were very violent in shoving people out of the way to allow Satan to enter/exit including assualting a man in a wheelchair."

the people queuing to get their book signed just proved to me how
    dumb and heartless the general public can be. :rolleyes:

and from what I heard it was peaceful. dont believe everything
    you hear on the pathetic 'Main Stream Media' :pac:

here is a post from another unnamed forum from one of the protestors:

"Just got back from the protest the feeling at it was of sheer outrage and disgust that our government would wine and dine and pay for this horrible **** to sign his **** book in our city shutting down many businesses in the process and having at least 60 very heavy handed gardai protecting the bastard and the security railing.

Let me make one point very clear before you read the MSM propaganda about IRA groups and all this ****, NO PROTESTER was violent or acted in any way to provoke the gardas, it was a peaceful demonstration of many groups and political parties and anti war movements. The Gardas got very aggressive and heavy handed and arrested 4 men (none more than 20) for literarally nothing and it was a way to disruprt the entire protest and break it up. The Gardas some of which were extremley aggressive were very violent in shoving people out of the way to allow Satan to enter/exit including assualting a man in a wheelchair."

what a load of nonsense, your far more brainwashed by whatever nonsense site you get your 'news' from if you believe rubbish like that. Are you telling me that the videos and pictures I'm seeing, not even on the 'main stream media' are made up?

what a load of nonsense, your far more brainwashed by whatever nonsense site you get your 'news' from if you believe rubbish like that. Are you telling me that the videos and pictures I'm seeing, not even on the 'main stream media' are made up?

go back to sleep will ya

remain ignorant i dont give a toss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 largejack

Thank you all you who protested against Blair's book signing, through your efforts you've managed to keep him off our streets this Wednesday. :)

Ignore the sheep on this forum, who prefer these elite monsters over humanity itself, it's their dumbed down attitude that sold your country and all the rest of us to Europe!

largejack wrote: »
    Thank you all you who protested against Blair's book signing, through your efforts you've managed to keep him off our streets this Wednesday. :)

Ignore the sheep on this forum, who prefer these elite monsters over humanity itself, it's their dumbed down attitude that sold your country to Europe!

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

go back to sleep will ya

remain ignorant i dont give a toss

:rolleyes:

Ignore the sheep on this forum, who prefer these elite monsters over humanity itself, it's their dumbed down attitude that sold your country and all the rest of us to Europe!

A great victory alright, free speech silenced in favour of the mob

A great victory alright, free speech silenced in favour of the mob

This 'mob' is trying to speak out for justice. I despair with humanity I really do, it's almost like some people have a microchip inside them which says "see good as evil, and evil as good?" What a topsy turvy world we live in. :( How can they defend a man who clearly lied and caused a catastrophe on a mass scale? An illegal war is the ultimate crime, and he's strutting around spending millions, no doubt on the back of that war. Children have lost parents, parents have lost children, their homes, their families, and now they are being born with the most abhorrent deformities, due to the depleted uranium. Check out the photos, it might make you look away from the TV for a moment? Then like the pied piper he has his zombie sycophants lining up to have his bloody book signed!!! Words fail me...

This 'mob' is trying to speak out for justice. I despair with humanity I really do, it's almost like some people have a microchip inside them which says "see good as evil, and evil as good?" What a topsy turvy world we live in. :( How can they defend a man who clearly lied and caused a catastrophe on a mass scale? An illegal war is the ultimate crime, and he's strutting around spending millions, no doubt on the back of that war. Children have lost parents, parents have lost children, their homes, their families, and now they are being born with the most abhorrent deformities, due to the depleted uranium. Check out the photos, it might make you look away from the TV for a moment? Then like the pied piper he has his zombie sycophants lining up to have his bloody book signed!!! Words fail me...

Don't look at the tv much. It's a minority curtailing freedom, it doesn't matter if you think they're right. Maybe some people see the good along with the bad he's done, like his contribution to Norhtern Ireland or the British armies intervention in Sierra Leone. Where has he earned millions on the back of the war, I'd say that's highly unlikely, as the war has done more harm than good for his reputation.
    Would you have been opposed to coalition of invading Iraq and toppling Saddam in the first gulf war after he invaded Kuwait?

• Advertisement

Don't look at the tv much. It's a minority curtailing freedom, it doesn't matter if you think they're right. Maybe some people see the good along with the bad he's done, like his contribution to Norhtern Ireland or the British armies intervention in Sierra Leone. Where has he earned millions on the back of the war, I'd say that's highly unlikely, as the war has done more harm than good for his reputation.
    Would you have been opposed to coalition of invading Iraq and toppling Saddam in the first gulf war after he invaded Kuwait?

His 'goods' are mostly hyped by the mainstream media imo. It's not just Iraq, he drove my country down the road towards a police state while he was in office, as have all who have followed him.

All wars are profitable for the ELites, just ask Haliburton? I would say that the invasion of Afghanistan was also illegal. Just look how often Blair uses the rhetoric and excuse of 911 to justify his decision to attack Iraq as well? But I'm not going into that subject.

One more thing those who keep saying "it's happened now so let's get over it". I'm afraid to tell you that isn't true. If they can get away with it once without repercussions more elite puppets such as Blair will continue to push for war with more and more countries, just look how he is now hyping a war on Iran? What sort of world do you want for your children Jeboa? Those protesters, or the vast majority, want a world without dangerous tyrants who pretend, like all psychopaths, to be perfectly normal and respectable individuals, like Blair. I'm not saying Saddam was not a tyrant, but most of the most dangerous leaders in our world are right under our noses and seem the least likely. Would people trust the devil if he looked and sounded like the devil?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

See theres an important word "documented". Did Saddam keep a list of his kills for comparison?

Stekelly wrote: »
    See theres an important word "documented". Did Saddam keep a list of his kills for comparison?

What, after or before Donald Rumsfeld sold him chemical weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What, after or before Donald Rumsfeld sold him chemical weapons?

Whenever. So wheres the documentation from saddams government showing how many people he murdered?

If I give you and gun and you shoot someone, is that my fault or yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

This is not the "politically-related news I'd like to share" forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement