Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

soundsham wrote: »
    Wearing glasses in competition
    He's also wearing a hat in practise to see which side of his brain is working when he's taking shots
    I kid you not
    I had to check if it was April 1st today

I was sure you had to be taking the pi$$ - apparently not :eek:

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2013/3/6/harrington-and-the-man-with-two-brains.html

The mind boggles... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Probably the new gimmick to give him confidence over his putting lines :cool:

If anything all his antics cause him to get more coverage on US television as the commentators keep talking about him. It beats watching Tiger hack it around the course when he is way out of contention!

Great entertainment our Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Did he just 3 putt from 3 feet? I give up

No just another missed 3 footer for par. bogey bogey at 3 and 4. Shot tracker had him down for a 3 putt and a double! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Did he just 3 putt from 3 feet? I give up
    Looked like it on shot tracker, inside 3 feet in fact. Maybe he got wet again, shot tracker hasnt been very reliable this year. Bit like Paddy himself!!!

• Advertisement

3 over thru 10 on a course where 8 or 9 under will be leading at the end of the day by the looks of it. What started as his most promising year in the last 4 now looks to be heading towards his worst year ever. Long game today way off looking at his statistics and the putting woes continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

3 over thru 10 on a course where 8 or 9 under will be leading at the end of the day by the looks of it. What started as his most promising year in the last 4 now looks to be heading towards his worst year ever. Long game today way off looking at his statistics and the putting woes continue.
    Yea you're right Paddy is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Yea you're right Paddy is finished.

Yea, it looks as though last years mini revival was a peak and the only way he is going from there is down.

I thought he might produce something good this week but unfortunately he seems to be going from bad to worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

AloKildare wrote: »

Yea, it looks as though last years mini revival was a peak and the only way he is going from there is down.

I thought he might produce something good this week but unfortunately he seems to be going from bad to worse.

I think Daithio was being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The hat and glasses seemed to have work a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I knew Aidric would post today :D

Shocking round from Harrington and conditions will only get tougher!

Early season promise of breaking back into the worlds top 50 is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Aidric wrote: »
    Ya I think he's thinking of pulling the hat over his eyes now before he pulls the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Ya I think he's thinking of pulling the hat over his eyes now before he pulls the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

ForeRight wrote: »
    I think Daithio was being sarcastic

Well I wasn't being sarcastic!!

AloKildare wrote: »
    Well I wasn't being sarcastic!!
    Neither was I, I trully think he is finished, until of course lightening strikes the same spot twice and he wins again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Harrington is fcuked. The greatest Irish golfer ever has become the laughing stock of world golf.

He'll always be my favorite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Harrington is fcuked. The greatest Irish golfer ever has become the laughing stock of world golf.

Agree with the 2nd part.

He should concentrate on addressing the shortcomings in his game, such as his putting which has gone to pot. Instead he's looking like an extra from Happy Gilmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

He should concentrate on addressing the shortcomings in his game, such as his putting which has gone to pot. Instead he's looking like an extra from Happy Gilmore.

What do you mean an extra!! More the main man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tsCUv3zj2mw

Agree with the first part, but the real question is was he ever really unfcuked?.

• Advertisement

Looks a more solid round today. Short putt to go 3 under thru 11. Playing tidy stuff. Hope he took the specs off and went back to basics.

And of course he misses the putt.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

-4 today going onto the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

It's only up hill from here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

+4, 0, -4 so far. What are the odds on -8 tomorrow to complete the sequence?

Good to see things improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

One of my favourite Irish sportsmen of all time. Hope he can return to *something* approaching his best form...

Encouraging round today but still way too inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Agree with the first part, but the real question is was he ever really unfcuked?.
    Good to see the sensible stuff coming out. 3 majors...

fullstop wrote: »
    Good to see the sensible stuff coming out. 3 majors...
    Well if you can't find humour and laugh at the situation.....you might just end up like him.

• Advertisement

Well if you can't find humour and laugh at the situation.....you might just end up like him.

The fact that the focus is now on his gimmicks rather than his golf should be a worry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement