Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Get back to Largs in Scotland and tell Bob Torrance you want your game back. The most natural short game in Europe since Seve Ballesteros has turned into an ultra mechanical nightmare!

I have honestly never seen Harro miss the green then bogey a hole from being 58 yards away in the fairway. He must have thinned a wedge???!!!!

I think +3 is going to make it now aswel. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I've had enough of this torture. Nite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

GreeBo wrote: »
    Can you enlighten the rest of us as to what this sabotage was?

Consider the facts, he has changed his swing every year since he started playing and continues today.
    In the middle of this he won 3 Majors including back to back Opens.

What was it that you think he did?

Well destroying the relationship with the coach he'd been with his entire career would be a good place to start in terms of what he did. Read linked article I was alluding to if you really need all that much in the way of enlightening. Article or not though, for a player of great consistency right through his career, to then be top of the golfing world . . . to pretty quickly go on the downward spiral towards where he is now I'd say a clear case of self-sabotage - it's not in ansy sense a natural progression or rather regression. Through physical, i.e. swing related, and mental issues, he's destroyed himself as a top golfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

It's almost Thursday again, what is he going to give us on the rollercoaster this week. I hope he makes the cut and gets a top twenty finish to boost the confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think this really could be his week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ForeRight wrote: »
    I think this really could be his week

As long as he doesnt finish dead last, I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

I think most of us would settle for him making the cut at this stage. If he manages to pick up a few world ranking points, that would be a bonus.

Of course, being Padraig, he's probably going to contend for the title just when we've all written him off.:rolleyes:

abff wrote: »
    I think most of us would settle for him making the cut at this stage. If he manages to pick up a few world ranking points, that would be a bonus.

Of course, being Padraig, he's probably going to contend for the title just when we've all written him off.:rolleyes:

When I said I think it could be his week I was talking about him making a cut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

A win this week and the masters next week ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Apparently he has received an invitation to The Masters...... Par 3 comp. That would be a bit of a kick in the b*lls to go there just to play the par 3 comp and then have to watch everyone else go on to play the real thing.

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2014/4/3/harrington-invited-to-masters-par-3?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IrishGolfDesk+%28Irish+Golf+Desk%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up and play then Sky or BBC get a hold of him for media

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

He's top of the leaderboard after a birdie at his first...The corner has been turned;) Keep it it up Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm forever the eternal optimist so i believe that some day he will find his game and he will get on the leaderboard and stay there, i also believe he will start believing in himself again

Excellent, promising front 9 of 3 under.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love to see PH win and get into the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm forever the eternal optimist so i believe that some day he will find his game and he will get on the leaderboard and stay there, i also believe he will start believing in himself again

Maybe that day has come. 3 under thru 9...4 birdies one bogey.....one shot off leader Keegan Bradley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Maybe that day has come. 3 under thru 9...4 birdies one bogey.....one shot off leader Keegan Bradley

woot!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Not sure if many follow him on Facebook but he always puts up a preview and review of every event he plays. Very good read, the confidence the man has is unbelievable, hope he can hang in there and challenge for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

AGC wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up and play then Sky or BBC get a hold of him for media

thats exactly what i was thinking.
    No better Buachaill for a load of chat during the lulls in proceedings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

3 putt from 33 feet. Left himself 3 foot 9 and bogied.

The big diiference between the leaders and PH is they have no bogies on the card. Kuchar 6 birdies, Bradley 5 birdies, PH 4 birdies and 2 bogies. Hard to win throwing shots away.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

josie19 wrote: »
    3 putt from 33 feet. Left himself 3 foot 9 and bogied.

The big diiference between the leaders and PH is they have no bogies on the card. Kuchar 6 birdies, Bradley 5 birdies, PH 4 birdies and 2 bogies. Hard to win throwing shots away.

Like I always say, golf is often more about how good your bad shots are, not how good your good shots are :o

6 birdies 2 bogeys and in the fairway with 240 to go on the par 5 17th now.

Trust me lads.....

He's Back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

He's back again you mean, bogeys the last. If ever there was an indication that he's feeling massive pressure on the course it is his last hole, nearly every round he bogeys it. Still, a decent score, hopefully he moves onwards and upwards tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭peepee

Trust me lads.....

He's Back!!!!!

Not sure i'll agree until he plays well over three consecutive days at least. The presence of so many bogeys on his card is a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

ya that bogie at the last was a shame, least he's 3 under rather than the usual 3 over.. hopefully he'll have a good week..

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Interesting interview after Rd1.

When asked I think "So no other changes for you this week"

PH reply "Look it does change but you dont conciously try and change". He must be sick of those types of questions..

http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html#ooid=VvdjRvbDqVt9DhphRljJQcVF5KOBuTXf

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

ForeRight wrote: »
    6 birdies 2 bogeys and in the fairway with 240 to go on the par 5 17th now.

Trust me lads.....

He's Back!!!!!

premature ejac there. Bogeys the last as usual to finish -3. The 3 bogeys killing his round. All the guys in the top 10 are either bogey free or 1 bogey. Even Michelson and Cabrera are bogey free!!

He's back alright - back to his usual sh!te

josie19 wrote: »
    premature ejac there. Bogeys the last as usual to finish -3. The 3 bogeys killing his round. All the guys in the top 10 are either bogey free or 1 bogey. Even Michelson and Cabrera are bogey free!!

He's back alright - back to his usual sh!te

I've a feeling he could go super low this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Right now 2 rounds in the 60's would be fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement