Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notre Dame on eurosport

Options
  • 03-09-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

ND home FB games go global in 2010 as they are live throughout Europe on Eurosport 2 and in 14 Asian countries on Eurosport Asia Pacific.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Games have been available for years free to air on the NBC channel on the 15W satellite.
    I hope that doesn't change this season now that Eurosport have the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

That's fantastic news - adding that to SNF on Channel 4, the calander of top level games has really taken a huge swing in the right direction. I'll finally have a chance to sample some college football, and without messy live streaming too!

Floating Irish fans are sure to gavitate to ND if this ends up being a long term arrangement - everything from the college's history to its nickname means that if that 2012 Navy game goes through there could be more than there otherwise would cheering ND.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

This include British Eurosport 2? If not can one get the Eurosport channel that's showing ND games on the Sky platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

This include British Eurosport 2? If not can one get the Eurosport channel that's showing ND games on the Sky platform?

Well Eurosport 2 UK is on Channel 411 on Sky. So if the UK channel carries the games we will have it.

Eurosport 2 UK 21:15 Saturday 11th
    AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    Live American Football: NCAA - Notre Dame vs Michigan (135min)

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

Not showing the Purdue game live this weekend but Highlights of it on Friday 10th at 10pm

• Advertisement

No sign of it on their schedule:(
    http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

Next week of course! I was looking for tomorrow. Sorry..........

No sign of it on their schedule:(
    http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

See my post above.

So it's their away games then?

So it's their away games then?

They play Michigan at home.

Nodtre Dame's 2010 Schedule:

09/04/10 vs. Purdue Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/11/10 vs. Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/18/10 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET

09/25/10 vs. Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/02/10 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA

10/09/10 vs. Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/16/10 vs. Western Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

10/23/10 at Navy East Rutherford, N.J. 12:00 p.m. ET

10/30/10 vs. Tulsa Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/13/10 vs. Utah Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/20/10 vs. Army Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 7:00 p.m. ET

11/27/10 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. 5:00 p.m. PT

They play three different teams called (and from, obviously!) Michigan, so we're going to be crossing some wires a few times in the next couple of months!

• Advertisement

They play Michigan at home.

Yeah but aren't they playing at home tomorrow too? And that's not down on the Eurosport schedule.

Syferus wrote: »
    Nodtre Dame's 2010 Schedule:

09/04/10 vs. Purdue Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/11/10 vs. Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/18/10 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET

09/25/10 vs. Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/02/10 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA

10/09/10 vs. Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/16/10 vs. Western Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

10/23/10 at Navy East Rutherford, N.J. 12:00 p.m. ET

10/30/10 vs. Tulsa Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/13/10 vs. Utah Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/20/10 vs. Army Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 7:00 p.m. ET

11/27/10 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. 5:00 p.m. PT

They play three different teams called (and from, obviously!) Michigan. so we're going to be crossing some wires a few times at least in the next couple of months!

Well not really.

Michigan
    Michigan State
    Western Michigan

This is how I would say them. If I was talking about State or Western I would put that in there. And as we were talking about the Fixture on the 10th saying Michigan would refer to Michigan.

Yeah but aren't they playing at home tomorrow too? And that's not down on the Eurosport schedule.

No idea why they aren't showing tomorrows game. But you asked were they just showing their away games and I said no because the Michigan game was at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

I saw this thread and couldn't resist. Pretty excited to see the college football season here. Following is a clip of the great Notre Dame coach Knute Rockne giving a pre-game pep talk.

"Remember men, today's the day we're gonna win!"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, that's fantastic news!! I wouldn't have even checked Eurosport. Would have been nice to have the Purdue match, but any full screen legit coverage of home games is very welcome indeed!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wow, that's fantastic news!! I wouldn't have even checked Eurosport. Would have been nice to have the Purdue match, but any full screen legit coverage of home games is very welcome indeed!! :)

I was gonna post it over on IPB earlier today to make sure you got to see it but had internet problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Yeah Eurosport is a channel that i never really pay any attention to. Recently got ESPN and loving their America channel. Some college games on live today.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

I'm not happy. Don't have eurosport & anyone I know either has it but no recordable dvd player or doesn't have it :(

bobby wade wrote: »
    I'm not happy. Don't have eurosport & anyone I know either has it but no recordable dvd player or doesn't have it :(

Nice win by the Irish :D

And here was me planning to get Friday's deferred coverage without knowing who won!

And here was me planning to get Friday's deferred coverage without knowing who won!

serious?? you'd get to Friday without knowing the score?

if so apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah great idea coming onto an American football forum nevermind going into the 'Notre Dame on eurosport' thread, real sensible move if you were trying to avoid the score.

Oh wait:rolleyes:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah great idea coming onto an American football forum nevermind going into the 'Notre Dame on eurosport' thread, real sensible move if you were trying to avoid the score.

Oh wait:rolleyes:

If I was genuinely angry do you really think I'd have said it so wistfully and without any hint of ill will? I'm more disapointed in you taking what I said so wrongly than I am in accidently finding out the result.

bobby wade wrote: »
    serious?? you'd get to Friday without knowing the score?

if so apologies

Despite the above it's no biggie, it's not like I had much invested in it anyways!

When will people learn Sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet especially through text. To be fair Syferus I thought you were being serious about the score thing. I always say putting in a smiley is the best thing as it is in my opinion the only way to show any type of joke or sarcasm without someone taking you serious. Remember Internet Serious Business.

*Disclaimer: I am the king of taking people up wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Deadly! My dad went to Notre Dame and I grew up on ND football. I haven't been following them recently but if their games are free on Yoyosport, I'll be watching.

I just remembered that the wif will be out this Saturday (no nagging) while I take care of the daughter. ND v Michigan...GTFI!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

You can always watch Notre Dame games on www.channelsurfing.net . I have been using this for a while, and rarely miss a game. The coverage of the home games are better due to the NBC contract, but you can get aways games which are usually covered by other networks or ESPN.

I watched the Purdue game on saturday. It was a nice win for the Irish who looked pretty good. Not convinced of the pedigree of the Boilermakers this season, but when the Wolverines roll into South Bend on saturday we will see what Coach Kelly has made of the team that Charlie did so much to damage over the past few years.

As for the 2012 game agains Navy, the latest news from Notre Dame is that it is going ahead in Croke Park on September 1st, 2012.

Go Irish, Beat Wolverines!!!

Domer (Class of 1992)

Domer wrote: »
    You can always watch Notre Dame games on www.channelsurfing.net . I have been using this for a while, and rarely miss a game. The coverage of the home games are better due to the NBC contract, but you can get aways games which are usually covered by other networks or ESPN.

I watched the Purdue game on saturday. It was a nice win for the Irish who looked pretty good. Not convinced of the pedigree of the Boilermakers this season, but when the Wolverines roll into South Bend on saturday we will see what Coach Kelly has made of the team that Charlie did so much to damage over the past few years.

As for the 2012 game agains Navy, the latest news from Notre Dame is that it is going ahead in Croke Park on September 1st, 2012.

Go Irish, Beat Wolverines!!!

Domer (Class of 1992)

really? where'd ya read that?As the GAA told me nothing was confirmed(though they may just not want to say)

There was a press release on the www.und.com website... I just cant find it at the moment. It is also showing up on their future schedules for the coming seasons.

Domer wrote: »
    There was a press release on the www.und.com website... I just cant find it at the moment. It is also showing up on their future schedules for the coming seasons.

It's been showing up on furuture schedules for the last 3 years or so, that doesn't neccesarily mean anything

All we can do is wait & see

• Advertisement

There is a note under the Alumni Section of www.nd.edu related to travel, it says:

2012: ND vs. Navy in Ireland
    Notre Dame vs. Navy 2012 in Ireland

If you are interested in attending the 2012 Notre Dame vs. Navy game in Dublin, Ireland, please fill out the form below.

There are no dates or venues mentioned, just a pre-populated form where you express an interest, and I guess they would then contact you about the travel options.

Advertisement