Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Open University Module are you studying

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rimbaud wrote: »
    How far are you through your current degree?
    Are you thinking of another degree outside of the International Studies degree? Environmental studies/science?

Not very far, as work and personal life have intervened. I'm currenly doing two 30pt modules as my free choice modules which brings me to 120pts at the end of this year. I'll have to take another break then, hopefully until February 2012 but possibly later that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

If I do an OU BAHons Course, can I transfer to a conventional uni after a year or so...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mimmi

If I do an OU BAHons Course, can I transfer to a conventional uni after a year or so...?

It's up to the University, but Irish universities dont have the same Credit Transfer systems as the OU, so you have to talk individually to each course Director and they may want to see how your OU studies map on to thei full-time programme you are interested in. It is possible to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

packiec50 wrote: »
    I am planning on doing this course, M208, I can bypass the lower level courses (MST121 Using Mathematics and MS221 Exploring Mathematics) due to past credit, but am not sure if I should do that and then struggle on the Pure Mathematics module

Could you give me some idea of what level of maths I would need before starting this?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm thinking of starting the Diploma in Maths which is M208 and M209. Possibly working towards the degree at my own pace.

Also is that week-long course in Nottingham (MSXR209) mandatory?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 packiec50

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm thinking of starting the Diploma in Maths which is M208 and M209. Possibly working towards the degree at my own pace.

Thanks

Sorry, cannot help you out here.
    I'm looking at the Computers and Maths Degree, so the MSXR209 course does not apply for me.

Noone answered my above question, but I have decided to do MS221 first anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

packiec50 wrote: »
    Sorry, cannot help you out here.
    I'm looking at the Computers and Maths Degree, so the MSXR209 course does not apply for me.

Noone answered my above question, but I have decided to do MS221 first anyway.

Thanks, good luck with it.

Turns out you can do the MSXR209 course in Ireland

Thanks

Be very careful about going into M208 without MST121 - Using Maths, I know a few people with first year maths in science or engineering degrees and they found it hard. Seek some advice from the OU in Dublin and maybe ask to speak to their maths person.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bob1981

Just registered for my second course DSE212 Exploring Psychology as almost finished the DD101 Intro the Social Sciences. Found it very enjoyable so far and looking forward to working towards BSc (Hons) in Psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Conventional universities want "sufficient quantitative components" displayed in previous studies so I'm going to take the Economics & Maths. I start in October this year - we start with Discovering Maths. I've been pretty crappy with maths throughout my life - but hey, it's never too late to learn?!

Right?!?!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Wish I could afford to enroll :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

OU language courses are about developing your language skills in the context of modern French, German, Spanish society. Materials will focus on business, culture and media etc, so if your motivation is to study languages for work or living they will suit you. All OU degrees are HETAC rated in Ireland.

If you want to learn a language for teaching as a career, OU courses wont do as Teaching Council requires the study of Literature and OU dont go down the study of 13th or 14th Century literature.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/languages/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisa_a

sue97 wrote: »
    I am doing Childrens Literature EA300. Seriously considering taking Making Social Worlds DD308 as well.

hi there, how did the EA300 course go?
    i am planning on doing it but not sure if the course is for me.

could you please email me, as i want to know more about the course. i would really appreciate it.

thanks

mzangel_88@hotmail.co.uk

Advertisement