Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your setup?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭championc

Basically, your dish is pointing at where the sun is at about 10am. You will be moving it to point towards the sun at 11am (I hope the sun shines, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

UrbanFret wrote: »
    will that bracket I have purchased give me enough clearance?
    Did you show bracket you have purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    Did you show bracket you have purchased?

This is the bracket i purchased.
    http://www.satworld.ie/t90-steel-wal...-diameter.html

I think that red line will be something about 50cm, so, should be enough

It says it can be used for ground mount either. Hopefully it will do the job.
    T_90_21410417600541143c011356.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was probably too tired last night.... Zardoz is 100% right, of course T90 should be turned about 15* right if you look from behind of antenna.

No worries Rimants ,its rare that you are wrong buddy .
    You have been a mind of information to people on this forum and numerous others,keep up the good work.

Don't think I can achieve 50mm on wall. if I mount it on the ground Ilike in the photo i can get 60mm. Would this work do you think.

jhu1vo.jpg

This would be the direction the satellite would be facing if it was perpendicular to that wall.

whbs50.jpg

Have i even assembled it properly. There are other drilled holes I could have used. any ideas?

If you going to hang dish up on the wall then you should use another holes. If antenna is going to be installed on the ground (like on your picture now) than you have used right holes.

If you going to hang dish up on the wall then you should use another holes. If antenna is going to be installed on the ground (like on your picture now) than you have used right holes.

I changed the holes around. there's no difference. Will it work just as well on the ground? THe pole has to be plum vertically ,yes?

• Advertisement

For T90, pole, preferably should be plumb. Saying that, I say that it is possible to tune this nice dish also on not vertical pole, but that is not easy, especially in the beginning. So, make pole dead-plumb and it can also stay on the ground, it really does not matter for sat reception, it will only be obstacle for you, your wife, your kids, your pets, but, yes, can stay on the ground.

Ok thanks for the help so far. My next question what number should i be looking at in this window before i tighten everything up?

25frdix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

This might be useful - Calculation of setting values for installing an WaveFrontier Toroidal antenna

http://www.satlex.us/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

This is what that site gives me. Am I right in thinking i need to line up 103 in that window?:confused:

2h50cch.jpg

For calculations you better use User-defined location, in this case inserting West orbital position 2.1
    So, LNB for Hotbird will be exactly in the center of the dish. This will ease tuning process. Good luck.

For calculations you better use User-defined location, in this case inserting West orbital position 2.1
    So, LNB for Hotbird will be exactly in the center of the dish. This will ease tuning process. Good luck.

Thanks. How do i get exactly 102.58 skew? Or will close to that suffice?

2ia3pma.jpg

Would this be about right for my location as per RimaNTSS post here? ScreenHunter_387 Jun. 19 06.26.jpg

seems more or less OK. You have weekend ahead- lots of time to try. Have fun.
    :)

Right I've only got around to setting this up. Having a bit of trouble centering it on hotbird 13 east. I thought i had it but I'm actually on 19.2 east. Looking at the picture do I need to turn more to the wall and would it be much?:confused:
    14nejgh.jpg

Right I've finally nailed down 13.0E. Now how do I calculate where to space the lnbs on the guide. The manual that comes with this dish is really poor. I want 26.0 east 19.2 east 16.0 east and 0.8west. Do I need to skew the lnbs at all? For instance to receive Thor at 0.8west do I locate the lnb approx 13 notchs to the right of centre?

• Advertisement

Now how do I calculate where to space the lnbs on the guide. The manual that comes with this dish is really poor. I want 26.0 east 19.2 east 16.0 east and 0.8west. Do I need to skew the lnbs at all? For instance to receive Thor at 0.8west do I locate the lnb approx 13 notchs to the right of centre?

The Wavefront calculator you have already used will tell you the position of the lnbs on the rail.
    There are marks on the lnb rail ,a notch for each mark and 5,10,15,20 is written on it too .

So you get the value from the calculator for each satellite you want .
    In this case
    28e=Left 15.1
    19e=Left 6.3
    16e=Left 3.1
    13e= 0 ,in the middle of the bar
    0.8w=Right 14

Left and right are relative to looking at the dish, face on from the front btw so the 28e lnb will be nearest the wall.

As for skew ,thats mostly trial and error ,just move it until you peak the signal.

I've managed 16.0 E and 19.2E no problem. Cannot get anything on 26E which was one I was hoping to get. What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

I've managed 16.0 E and 19.2E no problem. Cannot get anything on 26E which was one I was hoping to get. What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

Do you mean 28e instead of 26e ?
    28e is where Sky tv is ,26e is Badr ,its middle east tv ,you wont get that in Ireland on a T90.
    You need at least a 1m dish pointed directly at it to even pick up the stronger channels.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Do you mean 28e instead of 26e ?
    28e is where Sky tv is ,26e is Badr ,its middle east tv ,you wont get that in Ireland on a T90.
    You need at least a 1m dish pointed directly at it to even pick up the stronger channels.

Oh Crap I was hoping to get that badr for the footie. I have 28E no problem on the t90, What else should i be looking at.
    View for thor 0.8w
    r1iq0h.jpg

here's what i have so far
    f19uon.jpg

What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

Give 0.8w a go ,it will be a good test for your setup if you can receive it .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Give 0.8w a go ,it will be a good test for your setup if you can receive it .

Varies between 65% and 30%, as it happens there's not much on it. Where will i go next so?

28bqu0z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There's not much in English on any of them. You said you wanted 26 East for football. You probably know that there are three satellites at 26 East, Badr 4, 5 and 6. Badr 4 is the only one which can be received in Ireland. As far as I know the only football on any of them is mostly from places like Saudi and Kuwait plus some Bundesliga.

There was some movie channels on 26.0E as well I was told. It was really an experiment to see what I could and couldn't manage to get. I have a multi switch I need to get sorted next. any tutorials on setting it up on a vix image anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There was some movie channels on 26.0E as well I was told. It was really an experiment to see what I could and couldn't manage to get. I have a multi switch I need to get sorted next. any tutorials on setting it up on a vix image anywhere?

Try the MBC transponder on badr 4. You should be able to get that.
    11.919 H 27500 3/4

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Try the MBC transponder on badr 4. You should be able to get that.
    11.919 H 27500 3/4

Not a peep mate. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement