Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Europa/i5550/Galaxy 5

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone looking for a cheap additional battery could have a look here http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-replacement-h5-3-7v-1200mah-battery-for-samsung-s7230e-s5750e-s7330c-80862.
    Good value for less than €6 imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

Anyone looking for a cheap additional battery could have a look here http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-replacement-h5-3-7v-1200mah-battery-for-samsung-s7230e-s5750e-s7330c-80862.
    Good value for less than €6 imho.

It seems too expensive I thought
    check here:
    http://www.focalprice.com/MB438B/Samsung_S7230E_Rechargeable_1200mAh_37V_Liion_Battery_Black.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 opendoor2

Pennypincher:D

yes,really ,but one thing I want to know the one from DX is double price of the one from Focalprice..
    how this happens?:)

No idea. I have ordered stuff from both of them and they are dependable in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Has anyone bought a case? I want a silicone case but all the ones available cost a meagre £2 but have £10/12 shipping costs :rolleyes:

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a case? I want a silicone case but all the ones available cost a meagre £2 but have £10/12 shipping costs :rolleyes:

You can get very good cases & protective screen stuff on www amazon.co.uk. I have ordered from them. A lot of the stuff has free delivery in the UK, so if you have a contact there, it may be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

BenThere wrote: »
    Shadow, that's only an option in 2.2 not 2.1 AFAIK. I've sorted it by setting up a fake APN :D

Only problem now is in relation to playing AVI's . Tried Rockplayer but even in software mode it won't play AVI's on this phone. The manual confirms only 3gp and mp4 file formats are supported so it looksLooks like I'll have to convert everything to mp4 in order to play them on this phone :confused: I thought Samsung phones were renowned for playing all sorts of formats.

Ben

Bit late, but QQPlayer works great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Its been a good few months since the last post, Im wondering is there an easier way to root the europa other than the one here? Cant make head nor tails of it, need to root phone for a bluetooth fix, bluetooth stopped working a while back and need it asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bop1977

Youngblood get superoneclick and that will do the job. You will find it at www.shortfuse.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 johnory1

i bought a samsung galaxy europa yesterday on 3 because of the all you can eat data, but its so damn slow , it took about 20mins to watch one video on youtube. is it just my phone, are they all horrendously woeful, or is it the network .i thinking of returning it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

johnory1 wrote: »
    i bought a samsung galaxy europa yesterday on 3 because of the all you can eat data, but its so damn slow , it took about 20mins to watch one video on youtube. is it just my phone, are they all horrendously woeful, or is it the network .i thinking of returning it.

If youtube is slow its probably a network issue, download the speedtest.net app and run it see what kinds of dl speed your getting. Also try using youtube over wifi if possible. This phone isn't that bad speed wise, for a budget phone. Although I havn't had it on stock for a while (unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 Gingerbread is available for it)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »

If youtube is slow its probably a network issue, download the speedtest.net app and run it see what kinds of dl speed your getting. Also try using youtube over wifi if possible. This phone isn't that bad speed wise, for a budget phone. Although I havn't had it on stock for a while (unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 Gingerbread is available for it)

Nick
    thanks nick, I downloaded speedtest.net and got speeds of 52 TO 56k last night, I tried tis morning and got 1.2Mb, thank God I kept flashbacks of threads and dial up
    Well just Hope it's stays like this

I guess its just where I live only getting speeds of 14 to 25kbps, I brought it to work and got 2700kbps ,btw the phone itself is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

yoyo wrote: »

Nick

Hi yoyo,

Have you a link to the CM7 ROM for this? My wife has one and could use a refreshing. Also will this ROM help with downloading apps usually unavailable fro the app store to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

beardo81 wrote: »
    Also will this ROM help with downloading apps usually unavailable fro the app store to her?

Unless you've modified the build.prop in some way, once Google Play see you as having a Europa, the screen resolution (320x240) is a big decider if an app is available to you or not.. nothing will change that.

Still using my Europa with stock 2.2. Love the size mainly. A phone you can tuck away in the palm of your hand.. discreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Have you a link to the CM7 ROM for this? My wife has one and could use a refreshing.

I installed CM7 and CWM Bootloader yesterday from XDA. It's running great so far and it looks much better in 2.3.7.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1416190
    Also will this ROM help with downloading apps usually unavailable fro the app store to her?

No. I still cannot download certain apps such as Adobe Flash Player etc.

Advertisement