Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marie-Louise O Donnell on Kenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dory wrote: »
    In fairness to her her website is a work of art. Lol

Maybe that will be next week's segment.. MLD getting a website done...

"Pat, this man sits down at a computer... and like a modern day Caravaggio, illuminates the screen with these fantastic colours and designs"... etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Maybe that will be next week's segment.. MLD getting a website done...

"Pat, this man sits down at a computer... and like a modern day Caravaggio, illuminates the screen with these fantastic colours and designs"... etc etc

Lol! That's exactly the way she goes on. I've seen her on Vincent Browne many times but heard her on PK for first time this morning, she is so feckin' scatterbrained with her stories.

"Rats the size of cats... grease coagulates Pat!... honestly pat, public servants!... poo in the truck... oh and the grease is there because... great men pat, better than bankers!... poo on newborn babies... grease from the fryingpan... bankers flushed our money like poo... great men, did I mention the balls of grease Pat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Marie Louise has been knocking around mediaville for yonks. I'm sure I can remember her as a Late Late Show rentaquote back in Gaybo's day. One thing that stays with me is the regular rolling out of anecdotes that hinged on one of her elderly uncles in Mayo making some savant-like ruling on some folly of the late 20th-century world All delivered in a thick Mayo accent.
    I never minded her myself but she seems to regard herself as A Personality.
    So it surprises me that she turns up on the PKS reporting from afternoon tea dances, marts, etc (anywhere, basically, where the people can be relied upon to make savant-like rulings on the follies of 21st-century life. In thick Mayo accents, if poss).
    Unlike Valerie Cox's reports, Marie Louise's reports seem to be about Marie Louise, not about whatever phenomenon she is supposed to be covering.
    Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And a very erudite and perceptive 2c it is too Maa'm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dr. Fell

Indeed. I am imagining this right now. Thank you, Mr. Bob.
    I can't stop thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭dirtyden

'They have great wonderful wide faces, sparkly eyes and thick wiry hair and kind of big ears'

What was the brash Marie describing, only the people of Mayo welcoming Enda home.

A lecturer in communictions?

If communications involves shouting loudly without thinking in a condescending and obnoxious manner then she will be head of department soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

dirtyden wrote: »
    'They have great wonderful wide faces, sparkly eyes and thick wiry hair and kind of big ears'
    One might be forgiven for thinking they had sent her to middle earth. It may not be a bad idea now that I think of it.

dirtyden wrote: »
    ]

One would wonder what hyperbolic adjectives Mary Louise would use if she had walked in to the room and saw this:

1224279354270_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

One would wonder what hyperbolic adjectives Mary Louise would use if she had walked in to the room and saw this:

1224279354270_1.jpg

Wrinkle tits?

• Advertisement

This lady is building up quite a tank of bile,and rightly so.

Who the fcuk does she think she is talking about people in that disparaging way.

Kenny would be well advised to tone her down, or get rid of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Looks like they sent her off to spend time with sheep this week in the knowledge that they are unlikely to text in a plethora of complaints relating to her hyperbolic descriptions of them.

ADD
    Just a question - Is the word ewe (a female sheep) not pronounced as yo?

I'm not from a farming background but thats the way the few farmers I know pronounce it.

Maybe the word has regional variations.

Lapin wrote: »
    Looks like they sent her off to spend time with sheep this week in the knowledge that they are unlikely to text in a plethora of complaints relating to her hyperbolic descriptions of them.

ADD

I'm not from a farming background but thats the way the few farmers I know pronounce it.

Regional variations apply to that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Simplyjoe

If what she has reported on the Kenny homecoming does not amount to racism then I do not understand the English language. Such people should not be employed by state sponsored bodies. Having said that this is a common thread amongst Dublin based journalists and personalities. Terms such as bogger, culchie and such like are extremely derogotary and are aimed at a specific group of people. What do you think its like explaining to my 8 year old what Dustin and other TV pesonalities are talking about when such language is used? Do I tell her that these people feel that we in the West are less refined, ignorant, physically less attractive and more corrupt than people in Dublin? Do I tell her that feel they are superior to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I suspect it was an exercise in damage limitation after her last performance when she referred to country people as having a "smell of porridge, turf and pray" about them. She wanted to get out to the country again and attempt to show herself blending in with the natives. I listen to Pat Kenny every morning. I will promptly be turning the program off as soon as this self-obsessed idiot begins her self promoting drivel again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did a better job with the sheep after that segment about people in the West of Ireland. The show must have been inundated in complaints
    ADD

yo or u, both are fine. Depends on where you are in Ireland, you are correct there are regional variations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

No, it couldn't possibly be: I've just read that this awful, awful, awfully pretentious, shallow, vacuous and patronising article has been appointed to Seanad Éireann by Kenny: Taoiseach names Seanad 11

Well, whoever promised us a new type of politics when this new government took over? She's been richly rewarded with €100,000 per year from the hard-working taxpayers of this state for being cheerleader extraordinaire on the national media for Enda Kenny prior to the election.

Truly disgusting, the equivalent of Ahern appointing Eoghan Harris to the same position for his support in the media prior to the 2007 election. Fine Gael: the new Fianna Fáil.

That really is a fukn joke... Close the place down like you said you would Enda for the love of god..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Rebelheart wrote: »
    No, it couldn't possibly be: I've just read that this awful, awful, awfully pretentious, shallow, vacuous and patronising article has been appointed to Seanad Éireann by Kenny: Taoiseach names Seanad 11

Well, whoever promised us a new type of politics when this new government took over? She's been richly rewarded with €100,000 per year from the hard-working taxpayers of this state for being cheerleader extraordinaire on the national media for Enda Kenny prior to the election.

Truly disgusting, the equivalent of Ahern appointing Eoghan Harris to the same position for his support in the media prior to the 2007 election. Fine Gael: the new Fianna Fáil.

that is really is hilarious.

but not a surprise when you think about it, tonally she's got alot in common with hairyarse. im surprised i didnt cop the similarities sooner.

no surprise on FGs part though, second cheek of the same arse so what can you expect?

only surprise is some people genuinely seem to think they voted for something different than FF.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

That really is a fukn joke... Close the place down like you said you would Enda for the love of god..

Perhaps ? (hoping in optimism) this is Enda's master strategy for abolishing the Seanad?

One or two pontificating self centred pee on the masses rant from Bint-in-Chief and the other Senators will demand the Senate be abolished.

• Advertisement

no surprise on FGs part though, second cheek of the same arse so what can you expect?

Well Enda said that the was gonna brings transparency and end to cronyism... She has been gushing about him on Vincent Browne, Pat Kenny and other panel shows... Enda Kenny should NOT have appointed her, as it looks like he is rewarding her for her support... i.e. cronyism..

She should have been ruled out of his choices for nomination for this reason alone... (not for the more obvious reason that the woman is obnoxious.. )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Just finished listening to the VERY verbose Marie Louise O'Donnell on the Pat Kenny show. I thought at first it was some comedian taking off some sort of children's story-teller. I found this thread when I did a www search to see what this person looked like. What in the name of goodness is Pat doing with such a gob****e on his show. Jeeeessssssus, I am still annoyed about it. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10. No I still haven't calmed down. I will just have to get to the off button quickly next time; like I have to do for that awfully annoying ad for that Tom Creane story teller.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    Just finished listening to the VERY verbose Marie Louise O'Donnell on the Pat Kenny show.

I heard it.. Jesus H. Christ.. Over the top nonsense, from a woman that loves the sound of her own voice.. "And the train passed this station, and the train passed a horse, and the train passed a sheep"... childish rubbish.. to think that she is paid 70k by the State to "work" as a Senator (on top of her DCU wage) and she wastes her time putting together bedtime stories..

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

Wow! She has a way with words alright. A way that makes me wish we still communicated with grunts and wooden clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

She should be on after the watershed, last week she was talking about a strapping thatcher standing in a field in the west of Ireland with a massive cock of hay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did she go to the Whest on the train where the quaint and queer folk with round faces, eyes shining like moonlight, tweed jackets and bogger accents live.
    Yes, these are the common folk of Ireland, the real people. Simple people with simple views :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Wow! She has a way with words alright. A way that makes me wish we still communicated with grunts and wooden clubs.

I can't 'like' this because I didn't hear the original piece - but it made me laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

She give a whole new meaning to the term OTT .... there is something terribly false and insincere in her 'performances'.
    It's great that Pat says at the top of the show who's on that way I can be poised on the mute button read for when her ladyship starts her weekly bit of waffle.

Pat really should tell her to tune in to a few of Olivia O'Leary's Drivetime spots to hear how a real professional does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 beingbrian

I graduated from DCU in 2011 and was luck enough to have Marie Louise O Donnel as my lecturer and supervisor of my thesis. She is an incredible individual with a roaring passion for education and the fire that burns within each of us. She had dedicated her life to shining a light on the efforts of people who wish to express themselves and finally, as senator, she has been rewarded. She is passionate and extravagant, the kind of person who would be adored in America or even Britain, but in a country where people commit even minutes of their time to coming on forums to moan about public figures and their opinions, she is greatly unappreciated. In the future I believe she will be a very influential figure, her determination and passion are far too strong to be deterred. I was lucky enough to sit in her company on many occasions and as she bashed my work around and sparked ideas in my imagination as I discovered the power of inspiration.

It is a sad case that people feel the need to log onto a forums such as this and complain about someones expressions. It is the sign of a total lack of worthy motivation or inspiration and is typical of what weighs down this country. If you don't enjoy her, turn off your radio, or buy a book, look out your window, go for a walk, call your friend, sweep your floor..anything but spit your negativity into our national conversation. You must have something better to contribute??

Advertisement