Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Beers - Bracken Court Hotel Balbriggan, 1st Oct - POLL ADDED

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:52pm

Hey, sorry if this is not on the charter, had a read of it but didn't see anything to suggest it isn't?

I live in Balbriggan and rarely get out of the town due to lack of funds. Wondering if other NCD boardsies would be keen to meet in Balbriggan for drinks and a chat?

I am used to coordinating events like this, have done with charities, dating sites and internet sites alike.

Anyway, give us a shout :)

Dee

Are you going to the DCN Beers on Friday 1st Oct 3 votes

Yes, I'll be there
    0%
    No, I won't be there
    100%
    GristlyEndsNarah[Deleted User] 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Stickied.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

No, I won't be there
    I would like that. Over at the photography forum a good few of us have met and it's always nice to put faces to names. I also find it improves chatting on the board as you "know" who the person behind the words is!

So +1 from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

No, I won't be there
    I actually asked about this in the off topic thread some time ago but never followed up so I would be interested in this too.

No, I won't be there
    Great stuff guys! I'm not too familiar with the pubs in the village, I'm open to suggestions from the wise on this matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

+1 from me..oh be afraid, Ill talk the hind legs off a donkey.:D
    Let me know when.Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

If you dont kill each other at your first meet why dont you have a regular around Fingal circuit meet up, Balbriggan hosts first, Swords next then say Skerries etc Maybe you can learn abit about the local pubs, food(chicken wings) and history from the boardies based in the host venue. Just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I was just gonna post. Can't be leaving other NCDers out!! :)

No, I won't be there
    Brilliant idea. I merely chose Balbriggan because I live there ;)

We can start with Balbriggan then... thinking a Friday night might suit people better than a Saturday? I heard this rumour that some people have social lives and might not be available on Saturdays! News to me ;)

No, I won't be there
    Friday night works for me. I don't drink in the town much so can't really recommend anywhere :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Bracken Court is the best place for pints in my opinion. Good pints and never any trouble due to it having an older crowd. Can be quiet tho unless there is a band on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

oooo!! I hope you guys meet up in Balbriggan again in a month or so as I'm moving there from the states and don't know anyone!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

oooo!! I hope you guys meet up in Balbriggan again in a month or so as I'm moving there from the states and don't know anyone!! :(

No-ones met anyone yet! :)

ok so a plan, meet up Friday ngiht bracken court Hotel , what date.Throw out a few idea??Bracken court is very very quite.Millrace, could be another option.Had one bad experiance there but , followed on by three good ones.And maybe a fourth tonight if i can rope the eldest into babysitting:D

No, I won't be there
    Bracken Court sounds good, if it's quiet, less hassle trying to grab ourselves some space and can actually hold a coversation!

Is everyone happy to wait till October 1st? Or people want to go ahead and meet this month?

No, I won't be there
    Oct 1st is fine - at least that we can make sure everyone saw it.

If you want me to set up a poll with a few dates (Fridays seem to be the favourite) let me know.

HB

No, I won't be there
    Thanks HB, wait and see if anyone has other ideas! We might get an easy agreement with Oct 1st!

No, I won't be there
    Good idea!

No, I won't be there
    1st October works for me. I've never been in the Bracken Court so look forward to it.

GOSH ,IM free than also:))))

• Advertisement

No, I won't be there
    So, I believe it's settled then?

Boards DCN drinks - Friday the 1st of October - Bracken Court Hotel Balbriggan - Time to be announced.

Will we have to come with a Blind-Date-Style "I shall wear a red poppy" sort-a-thing...?

DAME DAME DAME, Forgot my wedding anniversary, I cant go. 16 years married or maybe 17...cant even remember that.

No, I won't be there
    Pity Cathy, you sound like a mad yoke, wont eb the same without you :P

The 1st still sounds good to me, alright for everyone else then?

No, I won't be there
    October 1st is good for me. Looking forward to meeting some new faces from here although I'm not as regular a poster as I should be on DCN :o

No, I won't be there
    Rarely post here myself... have very little to post about! Look forwards to meeting everyone too, haven't lived in Balbriggan that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

sNarah wrote: »

Will we have to come with a Blind-Date-Style "I shall wear a red poppy" sort-a-thing...?

You should book yourselves a table in the hotel if possible and leave the reserved sign on the table. Handier for avoiding the inevitable "I couldn't find anyone so I left" posts the next day :)

No, I won't be there
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    You should book yourselves a table in the hotel if possible and leave the reserved sign on the table. Handier for avoiding the inevitable "I couldn't find anyone so I left" posts the next day :)
    Good idea. I shall drop in a week or so before and get us a reserved spot. I'll make up a little "NCD Boards" sign to stick on the table too. A friend did this when organising a Manics fan meet up, which was totally unneccesary in the end, since she stuck up her sign then sat at the table covered in glitter and wearing a feather boa....

Anyway on that note, is there any dress code with the Bracken Court? Would my old Converse be alright, or would *gasp* actual shoes be required? Jeans and tshirts are a given since I probably don't own anything else right now.

If you would like me to change the thread title to something like 'DCN Beers in Balbriggan' let me know. It may get a few non-Balbrigganers to attend.

HB

No, I won't be there
    Nice idea Hill Billy, much appreciated! As if we do manage to make this a regular NCD event and as suggested move around to other areas as well, would be good to keep it to this thread under a more appropriate title!

• Advertisement

No, I won't be there
    Woop!

On a quick unrelated note, as I seem to confuse people quite often with my NinjaStyle DUb Accent... I'm actually Belgian :D not that you would notice but anyho...

I'll make name badges for people who are coming along!

Advertisement