Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many times a day do you wash your hands?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Me,

Somewhere between 40 and 60.

Breakdown

5 times toilet (maybe 15 on a bad day)
    5 times toddler to toilet
    10 times during food preparation
    10 times touching the bin inside
    5 times touching the bin outside
    5 - 10 times touching the cat
    10 times during cleaning chores
    everytime i touch money/keys/screwdriver

= 50+

these are aprox could be more or less

No wonder i have dry hands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

id say my immune system could kick your immune systems ass.

i wash my hands when i see visible dirt on them, other than that never.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Dunno-whenever i need to. I don't keep track.
    Less than you OP. I don't wash my hands every time i touch money or keys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Never - i just assume everyone else did so i wont have to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

U do know that's OCD Op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

I think you may have OCD, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Whenever I go for a shíte, most of the time afteer a piss, except when I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

baz2009 wrote: »
    Whenever I go for a shíte, most of the time afteer a piss, except when I'm lazy.

TMI, much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Perhaps you should just wear rubber gloves...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was thinking that a OCD might be an issue.... And thought who better to tell only my fellow boardies..... So I take it no one out there is so ott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

As many as required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

After a sheiiite or piss! If I get a bit of jizz on one after a pedal n crank I'll wash them then or if I've really given myself a 'treat' I'll wash the baby oil off after the 'pedal'. Maybe another 3 or 4 times a day after that just for dirt purposes!

I was thinking that a OCD might be an issue.... And thought who better to tell only my fellow boardies..... So I take it no one out there is so ott.

Unless you're a chef, maybe?

King Felix wrote: »

I wonder how many times this guy washed his hands every day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dropped a fairly loose shite in the shitter out in Dublin Airport today.

Had to scrub the hands as she caked the inner cheeks a bit.

Green veggies tend to have that effect.

All good now, nice and clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

After I've been to the toilet, before and after food. Face and hands in the morning and at night. Other random times throughout the day, depending on what Ive been doing.

Dropped a fairly loose shite in the shitter out in Dublin Airport today.

Had to scrub the hands as she caked the inner cheeks a bit.

All good now, nice and clean.

Possible case of clingons???

King Felix wrote: »

Did do a haccp course but i think when i had my babies now 5 and 3 my hand washing increased, i dont ever scrub them raw but i like my hands feeling clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Nah, it's not OCD OP. I'm sure if other people realistically thought about it, they'd be the same. Especially during/after cooking, eating or using the loo. If you were in triple digits I'd worry, but given that you've a toddler, I think you do it a grand number of times.

Except for the screwdriver thing. WTF would you be doing with a screwdriver to get it that dirty? :eek:

Did do a haccp course but i think when i had my babies now 5 and 3 my hand washing increased, i dont ever scrub them raw but i like my hands feeling clean.

I think you might be obsessing it just a little bit.

A bit of dirt is no harm. It means the kids will be less likely to contract bacterial diseases when they are in a more dirty environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I hate when my hands feel clammy. Its a a really nice feeling when they're freshly washed. I have to admit money freaks me out, riddled with germs :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Only when I have to usually, but last year I was volunteering in a hospital and got into the habit of cleaning my hands with that hand-cleaner stuff - at least 30 times a day, I was glad to be out of there, mainly because I was forced to stop ruining my hands.

Millicent wrote: »
    Nah, it's not OCD OP. I'm sure if other people realistically thought about it, they'd be the same. Especially during/after cooking, eating or using the loo. If you were in triple digits I'd worry, but given that you've a toddler, I think you do it a grand number of times.

Except for the screwdriver thing. WTF would you be doing with a screwdriver to get it that dirty? :eek:

Cheers, lol;)

Screwdriver, im a handy girl (NOT man). I do all the diy, just painted all the 6 rooms in the house. Also i need the screwdriver for changing batteries the bloody toys eat them. The screwdriver doesnt get dirty but i don't like the feeling it leaves on my hands. My hands are going icky just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Common mistake to blame the veggies.

In fact, if you were to eat nothing but green veggies, fruit and meat cooked rare, you would have zero caking and zero stench.

The cause of the mulch coating is in fact due to the intake of starch.

If you re-examine what you have consumed over the past 48 hours, you'll find that you have shoveled some pretty horrid starch based meals such as chips, potatoes, breads, rice etc, down your gob.

It is these bad boys that, when partially digested, feed bacteria and cause that stink that makes us smile if our own, but hurl if coming from some other piece of human filth.

Veggies have taken the rap for far too long, time the real villain in our bowels was unmasked.

It is starch.

Man has no business eating grains, tis food for cattle.

Stop eating the stuff and you'll find that you'll no longer be squeezing out your very own cow pats on visiting the facilities out in our fine airport ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

About once every 45 minutes, otherwise I freak out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Only after going to the jacks or when they have visible dirt on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

As much as is needed after every toilet visit, food prep, etc..

I also sing the happy birthday song while doing it as it doesn't work otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Common mistake to blame the veggies.

In fact, if you were to eat nothing but green veggies and fruit, you would have zero caking and zero stench.

The cause of the mulch coating is in fact due to the intake of starch.

If you re-examine what you have consumed over the past 48 hours, you'll find that you have shoveled some pretty horrid starch based meals such as chips, potatoes, breads, rice etc, down your gob.

It is these bad boys that, when partially digested, feed bacteria and cause that stink that makes us smile if our own, but hurl if coming from some other piece of human filth.

Veggies have taken the Rap for far too long, time the really villain in our bowels was unmasked.

It is starch.

Man has no business eating grains, tis food for cattle.

Stop eating the stuff and you'll find that you'll no longer be squeezing out your very own cow pats on visiting the facilities out in our fine airport ;)

Thanks for that OP.

You have a point, I did ingest quite an amount of spuds(Rush Queens) prior to the Airport dump.

Fair auld 'whang' off it too in fairness, so will follow your advice.

Tks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I go through phases where I can shower 4/5 times a day. For no reason other than I love the after shower feeling of being alive.

Normally 2 twice a day ,and a 3rd if I am doing something physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

after the toilet and before i prepare food and after genrally...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

baz2009 wrote: »
    most of the time afteer a piss, except when I'm lazy.

I wash my hands before I touch my dick. :pac:

Advertisement