Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking on second round offers

Options
  • 31-08-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any people banking on 2nd round offers.
    i need my 1st choice to go down by ten at the moment.

so how many points do u need your 1st choice to go down by?
    and as well will there be many doing the "all-nighter" like the 1st round offers?
    can't see many doing it though :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm hoping random selection will be cleared for my course.

I wont bother pulling on all nighter this time, it was fun for round one cause there was a lot of people on and there was tension with people promising to buy papers and others claiming they knew points etc, it was pretty fun but I doubt there'd be too many on this time. I think I'll just go to sleep and set my alarm for 5.50 in case the CAO gets attacked again!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Yeah I am.....kinda.

I'll be happy enough with the course I have atm(Liberal Arts in UCD),but I'd still prefer to have one of my higher choices,I got ****ed over by random selection for BESS in trinity on first round so hopefully I'll get offered that.I have english in UCD and english in TCD both higher up on my CAO but they've both dipped below and above the 500 mark in recent years so they're impossible to call :mad:

Although I'd prefer to go do BESS rather than english in UCD now,I'll still be pretty happy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

when is second round

Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theaint

I'm banking on arts in ucd to drop 10 points. However there is no vacant place on the vacant space list on the cao website. Does this mean there's no chance? :S

• Advertisement

theaint wrote: »
    I'm banking on arts in ucd to drop 10 points. However there is no vacant place on the vacant space list on the cao website. Does this mean there's no chance? :S
    No vacant places are for courses that have exhausted the list of candidates i.e. not enough people with the courses minimum entry requirements applied. Often the courses with vacant places are in low demand or in private colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brenn2345

Anybody out there awaiting 2nd round offers?
    i'm waiting on random selection, thursday cant come quick enough!
    share your distress

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'm hoping for History in Trinity to go through random selection and drop five points. English dropped by the same amount last year, at the same points level, but I'm still not counting on it. I'm happy with my English course in Maynooth, but I'll jump on the opportunity if it shows itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theaint

Can anyone see arts in ucd actually going down by 10 points? It has a massive number on intake and im unsure if this is a good or bad thing for me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Would someone care to tell me what this random selection thing is and how it works?? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Would someone care to tell me what this random selection thing is and how it works?? Thanks :)

I'll try explain :), say there's 2 places left in a course and the next 5 people have the same amount of points (say 450), then 2 people would be randomly selected from the 5 and when your looking at the points it'd show as 450* because not all the people with 450 got in. Think that's it anyway! But it's really annoying if you're one of the people on 450 that didn't get it cause it was just totally random.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Waiting on Pharmacy, missed out on a mistake in my CAO/random selection last year, can't believe the points went up this year (in RCSI, tho I'd rather still be in trinity so if that drops all the better :rolleyes:).
    Could save me from moving to England.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Best of luck tomorrow with the second round offers, especially to those who missed out due to random selection. I really hope you get what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brenn2345

What 'random selection' courses are people waiting on?
    Rad therapy in trinity anyone?

I'm science in Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Was really disappointed when I got Physio in RCSI due to random selection in Trinity, now I'm not sure if I'll accept it if I get it 2nd round... Think I need to go have a long hard think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm waiting for a place on Arts in NUIG, after a f*ck up on my CAO application. Hopefully it'll all be OK. I feel nervous about it, even though I've got more points than was needed for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

if i already accepted my 1st round offer can i still get a 2nd round offer if its a higher preference??

RedRebel92 wrote: »
    if i already accepted my 1st round offer can i still get a 2nd round offer if its a higher preference??
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brandy2006

am i wouldnt be bankin on the 2nd round offers because you mightnt get an offer at all! you should hav made sure you accepted an offer in the 1st round to make sure you got any offer at all!!! i accepted my 5th preference course but then again all my courses are the same but in different locations unfortunately! im hopin i mite get waterford in the 2nd round even tho im 15 points short but my entry requirements are good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Good luck to everyone waiting on round 2 offers tomorrow. ANd if things still dont go your way... dont see it as the end of the world. There are always options!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I got my 5th choice. Last week I really wanted my 4th choice (I'm 10 points off) but if I get it tomorrow I know it'll just annoy me cos I've gotten the idea of this other course into my head now and stuff. It'll just be one more decision to make. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ColRyan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Actuary and Finance to drop by 20 points? I think not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

My course isn't on the list that was mentioned in the post linked above :( Do I still stand a chance? I'm 30 points off.....:/ so I doubt it in that respect. Maybe round 3 will be kind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

hello everyone... hope you all get your course, wheeeeeee, come on law and german, drop by 5! also i know i'm making a fool of mysekf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hoping arts will drop 5 points :(

the 2nd round offers are outbut there are no 2nd round points beside the previous points on the cao website on some of the courses; there are no 2nd round points for waterford! dont they have to have 2nd round points for every college? does this mean they havengt posted the offers from waterford yet?

I think no second round points means that there were no places to offer in that course for the second round. Though it's strange that no course in Waterford had any places. I don't know what that means TBH

• Advertisement

yes thats what baffles me you see so im wondering have they maybe not sent out the offers yet or do you get your offer straight away bang on 6:00

Advertisement