Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The problem with being gay.......

Options
  • 29-08-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

all you wiminz out there im looking at you

long story short: i came out properly about two months ago now , you wouldnt suspect me of being gay im one of the lads like , and my group would be the sort of knacker drinkin boyraz if ya get me .

so theres me thinking aww **** there gonna hate me and thats me out of the group ,

then through aquaintances we met and started hanging around with a group of a bout 15 ppl with most of them being gay/bisexual

now whos gonna cause more problems for the gay guy ???

the latter group ! yep because im so ''cool'' and ''trendy'' and ''out there'' , its turned into being my selling point and they all treat me like there gbf and asking me for relationship advice and completely missing out on the real fozzydog its like there interested in gayfozzydog , like for instance if i was sitting on the same couch as one of them theyd have there legs up on mine and there all hugs and kisses and wed be chatting away all night . but now its doing my head in coz all my straight friends are like '' yeah hes just putting it on in front of them '' but if i was straight or if they didnt know chances are theyd be like get the **** away from me yeh wierdo ,

so in a nutshell , ladies ok i dont want to **** you but try and acknowledge theres more to gay ppl than being gay , basically

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

:confused:

Maybe this would be better being said to your friends? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    all you wiminz out there im looking at you

long story short: i came out properly about two months ago now , you wouldnt suspect me of being gay im one of the lads like , and my group would be the sort of knacker drinkin boyraz if ya get me .

so theres me thinking aww **** there gonna hate me and thats me out of the group ,

then through aquaintances we met and started hanging around with a group of a bout 15 ppl with most of them being gay/bisexual

now whos gonna cause more problems for the gay guy ???

the latter group ! yep because im so ''cool'' and ''trendy'' and ''out there'' , its turned into being my selling point and they all treat me like there gbf and asking me for relationship advice and completely missing out on the real fozzydog its like there interested in gayfozzydog , like for instance if i was sitting on the same couch as one of them theyd have there legs up on mine and there all hugs and kisses and wed be chatting away all night . but now its doing my head in coz all my straight friends are like '' yeah hes just putting it on in front of them '' but if i was straight or if they didnt know chances are theyd be like get the **** away from me yeh wierdo ,

so in a nutshell , ladies ok i dont want to **** you but try and acknowledge theres more to gay ppl than being gay , basically

oh also id like to moan about gay elitism i.e "hes not gay , hes overweight "or "hes not gay hes poor "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Some girls are total fag hags and like the idea of having a gay best friend- probably from watching too much Sex and the City/Desperate housewives. If they start asking you about clothes or relationships just shrug and say "i dunno, I'm a dude". They'll soon stop treating you like one of the girls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm so confused - what exactly is the problem? Is it that you are being treated as one of the girls? Have I read that completely wrong?

Maybe if you talk to your friends and tell them that it bothers you.

Edit: Exactly what Piste said :)

:confused:

Maybe this would be better being said to your friends? :confused:

they had enough of my moaning about being gay

• Advertisement

I'm so confused - what exactly is the problem? Is it that you are being treated as one of the girls? Have I read that completely wrong?

Maybe if you talk to your friends and tell them that it bothers you.

Edit: Exactly what Piste said :)

yeah im one of the girls basically

more the problem is , if i was straight they wouldnt look at me , aaand if i was pretending it would be very handy , which is causing some tension between me and the straight friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

they had enough of my moaning about being gay

What are you moaning about? If you're gay, you're gay, theres nothing wrong with it.

What are you moaning about? If you're gay, you're gay, theres nothing wrong with it.

im moaning about people treating people differently based on sexuality , like as i said on another post here they wouldnt like me as much if i was straight , and also there the whole credibility issue like if i was straight it would be a lot more easier to pretend i was gay

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Welcome to life. People have differing opinions.

BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hate being the gay best friend too. Straight girls and "bisexual" girls are ridiculous. OH NOW YOU LIKE ME? NOW YOU CAN PRETEND TO BE ALL COOL AND PROGRESSIVE BY BEING MY FRIEND? OH OK THEN.

argh I hate everyone.

Just don't talk to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

long story short: i came out properly about two months ago now , you wouldnt suspect me of being gay im one of the lads like ,

If i've learned anything from my talking to random people in pubs its that you can't always tell if someone is Gay or not.I've met gay lads that were less camp than me,and that's saying something now;)
    On the point of women treating you differntly because you are gay,i think that a part of it could be that they see you as vulnerable and want to help you and look after you.another part of it could be that they want the opinions of a man who doesn't just want to get into their pants.I'd also agree with what the last poster said about appearing all progressive by being seen to be very friendly with Gays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

First of all, fair play for coming out. It can't have been easy.

Second of all, talk to your friends. If they really are your friends, they'll cop on and stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Honestly thought you were on about your male friends there for a minute. :o
    Just try your best to act like a stereotypical straight guy for a while? (you know, beer, sports, sex, cars etc.) and if they're asking about relationships or whatever there's no harm in being a little gruff with them... what I mean is don't humour them and act overly sensitive or anything :pac:

kev9100 wrote: »
    First of all, fair play for coming out. It can't have been easy.

Second of all, talk to your friends. If they really are your friends, they'll cop on and stop.

it was actually grand lol but thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

This is probably a stupid suggestion, but... why not just try it on with one of the girls? :P

They'll think you're being a sneaky smart-ass bi dude and back off if they think you want to get it on with them!

This is probably a stupid suggestion, but... why not just try it on with one of the girls? :P

They'll think you're being a sneaky smart-ass bi dude and back off if they think you want to get it on with them!

well that'd make me the creepy dude who says hes gay to get closer to women :/

weve all seen it happen before

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I can't say that I've EVER seen that happen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I know I have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

D4RK ONION wrote: »

You'd be surprised at how common they are.

Yup. The one I know isolated all his friends that way though. It's by far the worst option open to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

kev9100 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at how common they are.

It seems really weird though. Do they actually say they're gay or just give off the impression?

It seems really weird though. Do they actually say they're gay or just give off the impression?

Either or. Tbh, at least with the one I know of, he'd just do anything to get the girls, and acting gay seems to be what has worked best (and worst) for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

FozzyDog3 wrote:
    well that'd make me the creepy dude who says hes gay to get closer to women :/

weve all seen it happen before

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! Why would anyone do that?

OP, you won't solve this by being nice. You're gonna have to grow a pair and stand up for yourself. If you keep letting it happen, people will assume it's acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I dont get fag hags!! I have a few gay friends and i dont treat them any different im not suddenley best friends with soemone if they come out as gay!
    Why treat someone any different because of there sexuality? Its ridiculous

the way i see it If your gay, your gay it doesnt change how i treat or feel about someone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

This reminds me of that chick in Kick Ass. She had no interest in that guy, as a friend or otherwise, til she thought he was gay. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Oh and I haz lots of gay best friends. We've been friends for ages and ages then they all seemed to come out at once and suddenly I was a fag hag.

Didn't like...choose to be friends with them cause of it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Either or. Tbh, at least with the one I know of, he'd just do anything to get the girls, and acting gay seems to be what has worked best (and worst) for him.

It just seems really strange that it'd work that's all. Conclusive proof that women are mental I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I know a girl who would be considered a "fag hag". Her gay friends call her that and everything..

..But she gets with them all the time. I don't get it. They're gay - why are you doing that?!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I have, quite often ... usually in pishtake mode rather than serious / creepy mode though.
    It just seems really strange that it'd work that's all. Conclusive proof that women are mental I suppose
    Some women see it as a challenge to "convert" the gay guy.

Usually when they're at least half-cut, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

MavisDavis wrote: »
    ..But she gets with them all the time. I don't get it. They're gay - why are you doing that?!?

Why not? They're hardly doing it against their will. People aren't 100% straight or 100% gay...

Advertisement