Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girls and the c word

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Kormeera X wrote: »
    i think its a disgusting word out of a girls mouth. any girls who uses it certainly has no respect for herself.
    ok i do admit-i only use it when i am really really angry which isnt very often:rolleyes:

Okay, again i will ask for the third time in this thread, Why do you dislike this word, more than any other word that has the same meaning? Also do you use other swear words that have the same meaning or words that have other meanings? And do you find this a little hypocritical?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

i think its a disgusting word out of a girls mouth.:rolleyes:any girls who uses it certainly has no respect for herself.
    Or respects herself enough to do what she wants despite what other people think "proper"

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Why is it that as a man I can refer to anyones bits as I see fit without anyone making judgements on whether I have respect for myself?

Anyone?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I hate this pretentious crap people go on with.....always strikes me as pretendy, affected offence. Cnuts!

Anyway, it's a great word used in it's proper context...it's SUPPOSED to be highly offensive.

I find teaming it together with other nasties immensely pleasurable. Swearing is a harmless release of pressure.

Rancid diseased cnutyflaps to anyone who disagrees!!! Even BIRDS;) like me! ;):D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

ArerA wrote: »
    I have to say, there is absolutely nothing in this whole world, that bothers me as much as "ladies" who use that horrid C word. Just drop it into conversation.

I mean, its not pleasent to hear anybody use it, but personally, it offends me so much more when I hear a female use it.

I'm not in anyway super PC or anything, and lord knows I swear like mad myself, but... ugh. That one little word! :mad:

oh grow up. they dont do foot binding anymore aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt cúnt

moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist

2 words people find disgusting. Now together, they're a beautiful thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

i think its a disgusting word out of a girls mouth. any girls who uses it certainly has no respect for herself.
    Wtf?? Seriously??

It's a word.. how does using a word show that a girl has no respect for herself? :confused:

Guys saying Cock, Schlong, Dick, or whatever doesn't matter a damn to anyone. Why should it be any different for girls?

Just because you don't like a certain word doesn't really give you the right to judge anybody who uses it.
    That's like me saying that anybody who likes brussel sprouts is obviously a child rapist... It makes no sense.

Anyway, cúnt is such a great word, It's like Fúck but better.
    Fúck is a great word for expression, it carries such weight behind it, but cúnt....
    Cúnt sounds like it comes with three exclamation marks after it.

Cúnt, Cúnt, Cunnnnnnt!!
    I think I need to say that word more often :)

Wazdakka wrote: »
    anybody who likes brussel sprouts is obviously a child rapist.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Can anyone tell me why they find it so offensive?

Is it because of what it means, because there are plenty of other words that have the same meaning.
    Is it the sharp 'cu' sound?
    Or is it just arbitrarily chosen by US T.V. censors to be the worse possible word you can say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Where do you stand on gee?

apart from in you ma's dungeon. zing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Best word for cúnt is gabhal (pronounced gow-el) from connemara.... love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Oh, For Christs Sake.
    I am not implying anybody has more of a right to use that word. I am merely stating that I, personally, find either genders use of the word offensive, however I am, again personally, more disgusted by females using it. It isn't to say men using it doesn't disgust me either.

And why are you more disgusted when women use it? There's absolutely no logical reason for that other than sexism and expecting women to conform to whatever quaint notion you have in your head. It's just a word. If you choose to think less of a woman for using it, you have bigger problems to worry about. So a woman could be a great person, very kind, charitable, non-violent, but you'd be 'disgusted' by her using a word you don't like. A word which is much less offensive than many of the slang words people throw around (like retard). Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

op is a **** for discrimating against ***** using the word ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArerA

I would be offended that (s)he would blatently use such vile language in a civilised conversation.

I would be offended that (s)he would blatently use such vile language in a civilised conversation.

Well I say old chum, I was out in the hensworth yestereve and strolled upon a maiden who was portraying herself as quite the cúnt.

That civilised enough for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I have to say, there is absolutely nothing in this whole world, that bothers me as much as "ladies" who use that horrid C word. Just drop it into conversation.

I mean, its not pleasent to hear anybody use it, but personally, it offends me so much more when I hear a female use it.

I'm not in anyway super PC or anything, and lord knows I swear like mad myself, but... ugh. That one little word! :mad:

The c-word, IIRC, comes from the medical German word "konnte" (seem to remember that from a documentary). It is a word that describes the female genitalia. I, as a female, have no problem with my genitalia and so, am happy to use the word. :pac:

I don't understand people's aversion to the word. If you're going to compare me to something, I don't see what's so horrific about comparing me to an erogenous zone. IMO, being called a b1tch and being compared to a female dog is more offensive than being compared to something very nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Alan: "Just a couple of jokes?"

South African from Dantes fires: "No, Alan, No!"

Alan: "Pleaaaaaase?"

South African from Dantes fires: "No, you cunt!"

Alan: "Well there's no need for -that-!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Must endevour to use the word cunt more often

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

But bitch/bastard/retard/f*ck/wanker/twat etc are OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Millicent wrote: »
    I, as a female, have no problem with my genitalia

HIGH FIVE! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

A civilised conversation would imply, you being civilised and since
    you are bringing gender sterotypes into said conversation, it is far from civilised,

Oh yeah and stop saying, well I dont like when men do it either( only after you got called on it) as you dislike it more when women say it, So despite
    how you might think your not gender sterotyping, you are

Also its a ****ing word, If you dont like it, dont hang around people who say it,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I don't understand people's aversion to the word. If you're going to compare me to something, I don't see what's so horrific about comparing me to an erogenous zone. IMO, being called a b1tch and being compared to a female dog is more offensive than being compared to something very nice indeed.

Hear, hear, well said you c**t :D

kowloon wrote: »
    HIGH FIVE! :D

High five my c-word?! I dunno. That might hurt! :pac:

Hear, hear, well said you c**t :D

Thanks, ye big fanny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

High five my c-word?!

Isn't that called Fisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I often use the 'c' word as a term of affection, e.g. if my mate is locked in the pub and goes missing for more than 5 mins, "Where's that other mad cnut gone???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArerA

There it is, in big letters for the blind and the stupid, Clived2.
    "Anybody" would imply males, also, yes?

So "getting called on it" was from people who automatically jumped on the "OMG! HOW DARE YOU STEREOTYPE!" bandwagon.

Whether we like it or not, stereotypes exist.
    Its always more outrageous to see women brawling on the street, tearing the eyes out of each other.
    Its always more disgusting to see a woman so intoxicated she doesn't know where she is.

Of course it's pretty nasty seeing guys in either state too, but somehow its worse watching women do it.

I didn't write the rules buddy, I'm merely reiterating common stereotypes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

kfallon wrote: »
    I often use the 'c' word as a term of affection, e.g. if my mate is locked in the pub and goes missing for more than 5 mins, "Where's that other mad cnut gone???"
    Personally I like to use it with complete hyperbole when someone does something small wrong/annoying :D

"Bob said he's not coming out tonight 'cause he has an exam tomorrow"

"What a cúnt"

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its only a combination of letters, so get over it. anyone who finds offense to the word is a cunt

• Advertisement

There it is, in big letters for the blind and the stupid, Clived2.
    "Anybody" would imply males, also, yes?

So "getting called on it" was from people who automatically jumped on the "OMG! HOW DARE YOU STEREOTYPE!" bandwagon.

Whether we like it or not, stereotypes exist.
    Its always more outrageous to see women brawling on the street, tearing the eyes out of each other.
    Its always more disgusting to see a woman so intoxicated she doesn't know where she is.

Of course it's pretty nasty seeing guys in either state too, but somehow its worse watching women do it.

I didn't write the rules buddy, I'm merely reiterating common stereotypes.

"The rules"? Are you serious? What are you, powerless to challenge societal stereotypes? Jesus.

Advertisement