Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent mens hairdressers in Carlow

Options
  • 24-08-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I've just gotten a terrible haircut with random bits of hair shorter or longer than other bits. One part of my fringe was left twice as long as the rest of it. I won't say what hairdressers I got it cut. There's not much I can do about it now but I was wondering where's the best hairdressers for my next haircut? I like it relatively short, but not shaved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Linda Marer's is were I get my hair cut...Seem's to do the job, but if you aren't a fan of girly hairdresser's, that barber's at shamrock plaza does a good job (Although depending on who you get from what my brother told me....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Thanks. I'll try one of those places next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm a fan of Identity at staplestown rd roundabout.
    Been going there since it opened and I've no complaints.
    I don't go very often though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

you cant go wrong with o hara/ byrnes on tullow st..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Man Time was decent but Im told the guy from there has set up his own place on Tullow St?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

+ 1 for O'Hara Byrnes. Plasma telly in the corner, comfortable seats and plenty to read while you wait. Wash and cut for €12. I've been going since he opened. Best barbers I've come across.

Where on Tullow St is it?

Opposite the Library

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭patrickc

you cant go wrong with o hara/ byrnes on tullow st..

i'll never go to o'hara byrnes again, the guy who does the hair is dog ignorant and NEVER listens to what you want..
    Man Time was decent but Im told the guy from there has set up his own place on Tullow St?

yeh thats where I'm going now to Paddy the Turkish barber, he's next door to the old crottys, across from dinn ri almost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

i'll never go to o'hara byrnes again, the guy who does the hair is dog ignorant and NEVER listens to what you want
    Very true. He just grunts and never talks, and just goes with what he wants to do rather than what is asked of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Got the hair cut in paddy the turks there today.
    lovely haircut!

it's the one on tullow street there beside subway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭patrickc

SV wrote: »
    Got the hair cut in paddy the turks there today.
    lovely haircut!

it's the one on tullow street there beside subway

it's the girl working this week was in there yesterday, she does a good aul job alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Got the mop chopped in O Hara/ Byrne today and no complaints whatsoever.. had a great chat with the chap and all..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

Can somebody tell me how much is the haircut in Paddy the Turkish barber? A basic one, nothing fancy. And any difference in the price during the week or is it the same every day?

Also anybody got experience with the barber near Shamrock Plaza who cuts for 7€ on Tue, Wed and Thu?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Michael o Toole barber in Centaur St is a long established real barbershop. Beside Ewings pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bogof wrote: »
    Michael o Toole barber in Centaur St is a long established real barbershop. Beside Ewings pub
    Best in the town for a no nonsense, no expensive fancy rubbish haircut.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Best in the town for a no nonsense, no expensive fancy rubbish haircut.

Michael is cutting hair no longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Retired? or just closed for holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Retired? or just closed for holidays?

He was there up to a few weeks ago anyway, me Da was in with him.

Go to O Hara Byrne myself, takes his time but I find him good

An old joke. He's cutting it shorter .!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

coroner29 wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me how much is the haircut in Paddy the Turkish barber? A basic one, nothing fancy. And any difference in the price during the week or is it the same every day?

Paddy the Turk & his staff were brilliant. The best haircut in Carlow by far.

Unfortunately the place changed hands recently. New management.

Hope they've kept on some of Paddy's old team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Paddy the Turk & his staff were brilliant. The best haircut in Carlow by far.

Unfortunately the place changed hands recently. New management.

Hope they've kept on some of Paddy's old team.

Been in there recently (last 5-6 weeks) and none of the old staff seem to have been there but still have to say that they gave a decent cut :) but in no way as welcoming and chatty as paddy was..

The auld fella goes here for:

"The eyes, ears and nose" cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

coroner29 wrote: »

Also anybody got experience with the barber near Shamrock Plaza who cuts for 7€ on Tue, Wed and Thu?

This place is seriously bad. I got my haircut there twice both times by different people and it was shocking. You would be better going at your own hair with a hedge trimmers.

Believe me, its not work saving €5 to look like a freak for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

This place is seriously bad. I got my haircut there twice both times by different people and it was shocking. You would be better going at your own hair with a hedge trimmers.

Believe me, its not work saving €5 to look like a freak for a month

Well then I am glad I visited Paddy the Turk yesterday. Overall I was pleased with the result. A basic haircut costs 12€ but when I asked him about the price he said "what it's worth" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

I went into Ann-Marie + Tara yesterday afternoon and got the usual.Chatty and friendly as usual and very busy,which i think is a good sign .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

I think no matter where you, if you go for long enough eventually you will get a bad haircut. They just can't seem to keep consistency up! I prefer O'hara Byrnes in the town, he's not very chatty and you have to fight for what you want but he is very good at what he does and is reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

RedWolfCQB wrote: »
    I think no matter where you, if you go for long enough eventually you will get a bad haircut. They just can't seem to keep consistency up! I prefer O'hara Byrnes in the town, he's not very chatty and you have to fight for what you want but he is very good at what he does and is reasonably priced.

Does anyone know the guys first name in O' Hara Byrne? I've been going ages and it just occurred to me I don't know it.

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Does anyone know the guys first name in O' Hara Byrne? I've been going ages and it just occurred to me I don't know it.
    I'm pretty sure it's Mick. I'm terrible with names though. I usually go there myself. Went in last weekend and he was closed for holidays. I went to the turkish guy on Tullow street instead. Haircut is fine, can't complain. Much better service in O'Hara Byrnes though. Sky sports while you wait. Wash and cut for €13. You go out feeling fresh as a daisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tommycahir wrote: »
    Been in there recently (last 5-6 weeks) and none of the old staff seem to have been there but still have to say that they gave a decent cut :) but in no way as welcoming and chatty as paddy was..

Actually I have to slightly alter what I said above I was in there yesterday and the cut and service was only average when compared to when paddy owned it.

Might try somewhere else next time based on this thread..

Advertisement