Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows your beard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

I was sacked from my job in a supermarket once for refusing to shave every day. Can an employer legally make you shave?

It wasn't scruffy looking, just stubble most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

my beard sucks, loads on the neck and chin, a little bit on the cheeks and under the nose. but there's a gap between my mustash and beard with nothing on it. looks rediculous of i let it grow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

I've heard people wondering about why men grow their beards, I always wonder why men shave.

I think most men look much better with a beard than without, assuming they can grow a decent one rather than a patchy straggly one.

A beard is also softer than stubble, which is a bonus.*

This of course is merely one woman's opinion.**

*Poster's opinion is based on experience limited to her husband's beard.

**Or that of one woman, pretending to be a man, if certain theories about the internet are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

"Or I'll huff and I'll puff till I blow your house in"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin" said the pigs.

Haha Pigs with beards!

*chuckles*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I've bald patches, really annoying. Smooth as a babys arse just under my chin, meh (and no it's not from someones somethings rubbing against them ( i know how you AHers think!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Throwing IBM servers help your beard grow*

*may be total bullsh|t.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I tend to only shave every 3 or 4 days anyway (sometimes longer) tho I shave the ould 'ceann' every day! Could grow a beard but it's not as dark as I want it to be and to be honest I'd look pretty effin' stupid with a full grown beard and a shaved head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

i'm 15 and i can get a decent enough chinstrap in less than a month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

gotta a nice jaw/chin strap, goatie combo going on. do the edges every few days. although if was starting from clean shaven again (have not been for about 4 months, it would be patchy for the first few weeks.

have had no real complants about it, couple of mates trying to be funny, but the women like it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hmm. I have very sparse yet symetrical growth. This is me with a trimmed (for neatness) about 2 weeks growth.

I shaved on Sunday when I got home from Pukkelpop cos I wanted to feel extra clean and I look about 12. Very strange. Think I'll stick to the trimmed sparse stubble, even if what most people can grow in about an hour takes me a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

THIS is a beard!

268924280a8241210832l.jpg

It hasn't been that long for a while. I've been clean shaven for the past few months and thinking of growing it back again. Maybe not that length though, it takes a lot of work to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I keep mine short. I am kind of fair haired but when I leave my facial hair grow it is a mix of colours, black, blond and red, I swear to god. Does anybody else get this?

I feel your pain brother. Have Brown hair with beard that has black roots changing to Red & brown and then blonde in some places esp under bottom lip. It changes depending on which angle or light you look at it from. My beard had a dark red in it 2-3 years ago but it was overtaken with the brown\blonde lately. I do get the equivelant of men looking at womens cleavage except with a beard at gigs and in conversations. Like with a WTF kind of expression. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deadpoet

Im still kinda expecting to get that huge macho dark shodow un-shaven look all about my face even though im 34

All I get is strong growth on my neck and a wee bit on my upper lip

I'm a big lad that drives fast and treats homosexuals like their my sisters,Why aint I got that masculine darkness all over my face instead of just on my neck?

Best advice I can offer in terms of gaining growth would be to shave off whatever growth you get on those 'problem areas' as much as you can and it'll continue to grow thicker and darker. Having said that, with the price of razor blades these days one would have to wonder why you'd want more facial hair...well, from an economical perspective.

You might want to consider a testosterone suppliment...? Worked wonders for several lads I know. I've been able to sport a full grown beard since 12/13 so I've always been grand in this department - worked wonders for the women back in the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Mine grows fairly quickly, all round my neck/face, but also a few random hairs just in the middle of my face.

My dad must be Pat Mustard :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

deadpoet wrote: »
    Best advice I can offer in terms of gaining growth would be to shave off whatever growth you get on those 'problem areas' as much as you can and it'll continue to grow thicker and darker. Having said that, with the price of razor blades these days one would have to wonder why you'd want more facial hair...well, from an economical perspective.

That theory is complete shít from the bull.

I'm being paid to not shave until Christmas.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I trimmed the sides of my scruff a few days ago. Wish i hadn't. Now ive got a goatee, beard thing.:mad:

Snapshot_20100911.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I trimmed the sides of my scruff a few days ago. Wish i hadn't. Now ive got a goatee, beard thing.:mad:

Snapshot_20100911.jpg

Are you the police officer, the biker, or the construction worker?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not had a shave since last monday, looking a bit scruffy now so it'll be all coming off on Monday morning before work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

I like to shave my beard but it keeps growing back? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im 22 still cant grow a beard i hope when i finally hit puberty that i can grow one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

FearDark wrote: »
    I can only grow patches... I'm 27, will never have a beard. I have a fair old bush down below though and my arse has dreadlocks.

BobMarleyArseSyndrome???

I haven't bothered shaving for last 2 years. Someone told me I look like Glen Hansard, but I dont think its that good. More like Tom Smith (lead singer with Editors)....a bit patchy around the cheeks, but ginger. I long to be a "Joaquin Phoenix" but I fear I dont have the strenght to grow it that long :(

mikom wrote: »
    Are you the police officer, the biker, or the construction worker?

Ya cheeky monkey.:D

Pic of beard (if your able to grow one) or GTFO.;)

Ya cheeky monkey.:D

Pic of beard (if your able to grow one) or GTFO.;)

Not recent but........... http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/Mikom/201670911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Could do with a little trim.

Thrill wrote: »
    Could do with a little trim.

Gonna get it waxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you must be female :p

i could grow a big beard at 16-17
    i could at 13

Gonna get it waxed.

Diversion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

I used to shave every day/two days out of neccesity (job requirement), left the job when I was 20, and have a beard ever since, pretty decent growth all round, although I keep it nice and trimmed.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

x PyRo wrote: »
    Only facial hair I get is on my chin, and lots of it. :pac: I'm only a young one though!

You've got plenty more disappointments ahead of you then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Ah, poor baby.
    There's also a Facial Hair & Hats part of Boards under the Rec tab.

I always shaved daily since age 14 or whatever (can't remember).
    Then once I got the idea to not shave and see what happened. I grew a beard. Have had a few different facial hair things in the meantime.

When you shave off your beard etc that you've had for a while your chin feels naked.

Advertisement