Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Goings On...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

zerks wrote: »
    we don't actually need this channel in HD.

There is a good chance that you wont get it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

mullingar wrote: »

Around the clock Poirot and Ruth Rendell in HD. Its bad enough in SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't think that is available in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Unconfirmed reports elsewhere that Channel 4 have bought the transponder space on the BBC HD transponder and will be launching 4HD FTA for Freesat soon as their contract with Sky is up soon.
    I heard rumours from a source that Channel 4 has bought transponder space from the BBC to enable them to launch HD on Freesat and that their encryption deal with Sky is nearly up.

I can't confirm the encryption bit but the following came from a regular contributer at Join Freesat:

QUOTE: Cannot comfirm this, but noise from a few reliable sources have said that Channel 4 have bought the vacant transponder space from the BBC for Channel 4 HD to launch on Freesat, again, I cannot confirm this

No concrete proof as yet but keep your fingers crossed.

Seems plausible, seeing as Freesat themselves said they have an announcement for us "soon" regarding Channel 4 HD. So we may be seeing it before Christmas maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Well 4HD will be a welcome addition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement