Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking across Driveway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'd a Nigerian taxi driver partially block my driveway like this before for an entire afternoon. Parked on the grass verge, on a corner, partially blocking a driveway.

I left a note on his window, then when I saw him take the note and throw it on the ground I went out and had a few strong words with him.
    Helped that he was tiny too :)
    Solved the problem, at least for that individual.

I believe you can get really hard to remove "Do not park here" stickers.
    Might be a good deterrent if it takes 5-10 mins for them to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Get a few of these printed onto large labels (available from all stationers).

This stuff is nearly impossible to scrape off without some label-remover

Template from here: (mentioned before here on boards.ie)

www.youparklikeanasshole.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Get a Sign for "Do not park here" http://www.safetysign.com/Parking+Signs,+Permits/Tow-Away+Parking+Signs.html

Always Take photo's of Offending cars for evidence.
    Have a local Tow away/Clamping company name and phone number on the sign to call and Get a Large set of Stickers like most parking area with "I PARK POORLY IN OTHER PEOPLE DRIVEWAY" on the Windscreen. Then when they do it again Call the Tow Company and place the sticker on the Windscreen, Let the Tow away company take the car and deal with the driver as they are blocking access to private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If its in front of actual driveway, just ring local cops. They will arrange for it to be towed away, at car owners expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I'd a Nigerian taxi driver partially block my driveway like this before for an entire afternoon. Parked on the grass verge, on a corner, partially blocking a driveway.

I left a note on his window, then when I saw him take the note and throw it on the ground I went out and had a few strong words with him.
    Helped that he was tiny too :)
    Solved the problem, at least for that individual.

I believe you can get really hard to remove "Do not park here" stickers.
    Might be a good deterrent if it takes 5-10 mins for them to remove it.

Did he have his passport on the dashboard?

Or flags on the front of the car US president styleee?

• Advertisement
Advertisement