Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking across Driveway.

Options
  • 23-08-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Looking outside my front window there, and some prick has parked across my driveway. His backwheel is in line with the kerb where it dips, so the arse of his car is overhanging, blocking my drive. I could reverse out but it would be very tight. Suggestions?:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Start a thread on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

explode his car by staring at it intently

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Looking outside my front window there, and some prick has parked across my driveway. His backwheel is in line with the kerb where it dips, so the arse of his car is overhanging, blocking my drive. I could reverse out but it would be very tight. Suggestions?:D

Let the air out of all of his tyres.

Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

explode his car by staring at it intently

Tried this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

follow him home and block his drive up?

Get a few mates and bump the car forward ..preferably onto a double yellow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

turn into the incredible hulk and flip it over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

funny-pictures-cat-is-on-steroids.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Manic Preacher

Smash one of the windows, break into the car, let go of the handbrake. If you're on a slope then job done. If not then push the thing onto the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

See if they are in the neighbours house, then ring the Guards and have the cnut towed away. If they are causing an obstruction then they can be towed.

I've no time for twattish behaviour like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ugh hate that...used to happen to me alotl...as well as my boss...neighbours and their friends parking in front of the drive way...you go down to them to ask em to move the car and their all like "oh is it in the way" with wide open eyes...

tards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

take a pic as proof and post it up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

We have the same problem a lot here. We live across the road from a playgroup and at the beginning of the school year we get people parking across our drive regularly from about 8.45 until about 9.30. When we go out to tell them we have a problem with this we get

"Well I was only going to be a few minutes"
    "Was I in the way, did you want to get out of your drive"
    " Its a long walk for the little ones"

It gets so that I have to be so emphatic so as to be particularly rude to the offenders by the time I talk to the 6th or 7th person in the first month. I am sure we have a really bad reputation in that playgroup.

"Don't park in front of their driveway, they get really grumpy"

But to be honest if it keeps them away from the driveway I do not care..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Ask a real man to have a word with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I had an Enterprise rent a van dumped across my driveway last week when I got home. Was left overnight as well. Thankfully was gone the next day or Enterprise were getting a call.

It happens everywhere mate. You're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

Do the same to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jock101 wrote: »
    Do the same to him!

not gonna drop down to their ignorance level and common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Owner of the car came back, he was at football training. Had a word with him, asked him not to park there. He apologised, muttered under his breath and drove off.

The thing that really gets me is that there was space available around to park considerately. He was just a lazy, ignorant ****. Really wish I'd exploded his car now...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bingus666

same happens to me except it's a "young" L driver.... a lone L driver at that... what gets me the most is she wont park in the driveway of the house she visiting which has loadsa space... go figure.... am tempted to report her as a lone L driver though... that'd sort that out! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

not gonna drop down to their ignorance level and common sense

I did before and it worked.

Saw them park it, asked them to move it. Said he would do so in a few minutes but he left the car there all day.

Unfortunately for him I knew he used to leave for work earlier than me........

I know it is going to their level but it cured it once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

NOW DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME but I have an elderly neighbour who gets plagued with school kids parking across her gateway in the mornings. She sometimes can't get out her car until 4pm! When it happens now she gets a 'lump' of cat litter and stuffs it in the door handle of offending vehicles! I kid you not, I've seen kids wiping their hands on the ground and on their tyres trying to remove it! ugh! But she reckons the kids learn the lesson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I lived in Belgium when I was a lot younger and I remember people used to hang their own tow away signs on their front gates. If someone parked causing you an obstruction, you called le police and they made the problem go away.

Better again would be a law entitling you to use reasonable force to move the car - i.e. side window + hammer to access handbrake. If someone blocks you in, you should have an automatic right to get out as soon as you like and if the person isn't around, short of having it towed this is the most sensible way - windows are cheap enough.

Setup your own clamping company, clamp them and set the release fees at €1,000 since there are basically no rules around it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

This could create a serious situation. Suppose you need to get a child to hospital and found your drive blocked by some idiot. :eek:

danjo wrote: »
    This could create a serious situation. Suppose you need to get a child to hospital and found your drive blocked by some idiot. :eek:

Think of the children

(ring an ambulance)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mc Love wrote: »
    Grow a pair and go ask them to move, saying they are blocking you in, unless you are a pedantic pat who has nothing better to do than come on the internet and write about it, even though you have nowhere to go!

:rolleyes:
    If you'd taken the time to read the thread before posting then you'd be aware that the OP didn't know who owned the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Think of the children

(ring an ambulance)

Yes and take twice the time to get to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

a) burst the tyres on the road side of the car
    b) get a 2-3m long steel pipe
    c) use it on the kerb side of the car, to lever it up and over onto its roof
    d) rotate the car (now on its roof) 90 degrees
    e) enjoy your now obstruction-free driveway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

danjo wrote: »

I would have no hesitation in ramming a car out of my way if the situation was serious like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Wossack wrote: »
    a) burst the tyres on the road side of the car
    b) get a 2-3m long steel pipe
    c) use it on the kerb side of the car, to lever it up and over onto its roof
    d) rotate the car (now on its roof) 90 degrees
    e) enjoy your now obstruction-free driveway
    Lads, please stop posting sh1te.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

Anan1 wrote: »
    Lads, please stop posting sh1te.:)

Was this not in after hours!?

Apologies :o

Advertisement