Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerial Problem with DTT Picnic Sagem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

HDTV on MPEG2 sounds unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Yes I thought that strange, every website says mpeg2, they use phillips encoders still on Digiturk, but the vestel spec that I finally found does say it does h264. I think they have 1 HD MPEG4 station.

Mpeg2 and HD not that strange, even in this day and age - Australia one example. Someone else in Europe also from memory,

STB wrote: »
    Yes I thought that strange, every website says mpeg2, they use phillips encoders still on Digiturk, but the vestel spec that I finally found does say it does h264. I think they have 1 HD MPEG4 station.

Mpeg2 and HD not that strange, even in this day and age - Australia one example. Someone else in Europe also from memory,

I have a 10 second recording from Euro1080 in 2004 which used MPEG-2 on Astra 1. The video was encoded at 16.5 Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, but that was tests. MPEG2 for HD was not used for public launch.

Strange = uncommon. Not impossible :)

Advertisement