Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take your medicine.?.

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Not really sure if this is conspiracy but then the mods could move it if they feel the need.

I have for some time now stopped using the mains water supply for the reason of their being fluoride being put in the system. I have a memory of the Irish government being in a court in Europe where they were told to stop putting toxins in our drinking water.
    I have tried to learn a little as to the damage to our health as a result of fluoride being put in our water. Here is a piece by a Dr Clymer in 1958, and I will have to admit I find the idea of drinking fluoride not being a good idea.

Dr. Clymer quotes Rene M. Vale, a former Communist and party worker in her book Red Court, published in 1952. She writes,
    "In regions of the country where resistance was most apt to develop we saw to it that virus diseases struck, and when antibiotics threatened our program, we devised other means of vitiating the populace. Fluoridation of drinking water was found to be about the most successful..."
    Dr. Charles E. Perkins, who Dr. R. Swinburne Clymer was in personal contact with, was, "... sent by the United States Government to help take charge of the I. G. Farben chemical plants in Germany at the end of the second world war. What follows are quotations from a letter which Mr. Perkins wrote to the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, dated October 2, 1954."
    Mr. Perkins letter states,
    "The German chemists worked out a very ingenious and far-reaching plan of mass control which was submitted to and adopted by the German General Staff. This plan was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water supplies. By this method they could control the population of whole areas, reduce population by water medication that would produce sterility in women and so on. In this scheme of mass control, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place.
    "We are told by the ideologists who are advocating the fluorination of water supplies in this country that their purpose is to reduce the incidence of tooth decay in children, and it is the plausibility of this excuse, plus the prominence of those who are responsible for the present spread of artificial water fluoridation in this country.
    "However - and I want to make this very definite and very positive - the real reason behind fluorination is not to benefit children's teeth. If this were the real reason there are many ways in which it could be done that are much easier, cheaper and far more effective. The real purpose behind water fluoridation is to reduce the resistance of the masses to domination and control and loss of liberty...
    "I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time..."
    Dr. Clymer additionally cites a 1956 letter written by the then New York Water Commissioner Arthur C. Ford (available in full here). In the letter, Ford speaks out openly against fluorides as "...extremely toxic substances..." Ford writes,
    "We are aware that the fluorides are extremely toxic substances, and evidence exists to show that even at the recommended level of one part per million of fluoride in drinking water, people in fluoridated communities have been harmed.
    We know of reputable, independent medical authorities throughout the United States and in the local area who have found evidence of fluoride damage to persons living in fluoridated communities. These medical authorities disagree with the fluoride hypothesis, and they have raised grave questions with respect to the safety of the procedure for an entire population which includes the young, the old, the susceptible and the infirm as well as the healthy.
    Fluoride, besides being a toxic substance, is not all excreted when taken into the system, a significant percentage remaining cumulatively. Fluoridation of the drinking water at any level of concentration is a very indiscriminate procedure, since children drink widely varying amounts of water..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

We all should sue the irish government and get compensatrion for damages caused to our health and well being by the irish government .]

I am making phone calls tomorrow about this , i want compensation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andypando

I wondered who would continue to allow the use of any chemical to be added to our water, and why have we no say in the matter.

Do the people who add this toxin, as in the man at the water pump not realize the danger? Or do they even care?

What some US EPA think.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    EPA UNIONS CALL FOR NATIONWIDE MORATORIUM ON FLUORIDATION, CONGRESSIONAL HEARING ON ADVERSE EFFECTS, YOUTH CANCER COVER UP
    WASHINGTON, DC, August 30, 2005 --/WORLD-WIRE/-- Eleven EPA employee unions representing over 7000 environmental and public health professionals of the Civil Service have called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people. The unions acted following revelations of an apparent cover-up of evidence from Harvard School of Dental Medicine linking fluoridation with elevated risk of a fatal bone cancer in young boys.
    The unions sent letters to key Congressional committees asking Congress to legislate a moratorium pending a review of all the science on the risks and benefits of fluoridation. The letters cited the weight of evidence supporting a classification of fluoride as a likely human carcinogen, which includes other epidemiology results similar to those in the Harvard study, animal studies, and biological reasons why fluoride can reasonably be expected to cause the bone cancer - osteosarcoma - seen in young boys and test animals.
    The unions also pointed out recent work by Richard Maas of the Environmental Quality Institute, University of North Carolina that links increases in lead levels in drinking water systems to use of silicofluoride fluoridating agents with chloramines disinfectant.
    The letter to EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson asked him to issue a public warning in the form of an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking setting the health-based drinking water standard for fluoride at zero, as it is for all known or probable human carcinogens, pending a recommendation from a National Academy of Sciences' National Research Council committee. That committee's work is not expected to be done before 2006.
    The unions also asked Congress and EPA's enforcement office, or the Department of Justice, to look into reasons why the Harvard study director, Chester Douglass, failed to report the seven-fold increased risk seen in the work he oversaw, and instead wrote to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, the federal agency that funded the Harvard study, saying there was no link between fluoridation and osteosarcoma. Douglass sent the same negative report to the National Research Council committee studying possible changes in EPA's drinking water standards for fluoride.
    The unions who signed the letters represent EPA employees from across the nation, including laboratory scientists in Ohio, Oklahoma and Michigan, regulatory support scientists and other workers at EPA headquarters in Washington, D.C. and science and regulatory workers in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and San Francisco.
    They are affiliated with the National Treasury Employees Union, the American Federation of Government Employees, Engineers and Scientists of California/International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, and the National Association of Government Employee/Service Employees International Union.
    The unions' letter is online at: http://nteu280.org/Issues/Fluoride/fluoridesummary.htm

espinolman wrote: »
    We all should sue the irish government and get compensatrion for damages caused to our health and well being by the irish government .]

Wish you luck with that.

From Eclub.

Notice Ireland in this.

EU Declares Fluoridation Illegal?
    Dear All
    According to a press release jointly released by two UK groups (North and Midlands Against Fluoridation (NAMAF) & The National Register of Children with Dental Fluorosis) fluoridation - as of 31st October 2005 - is illegal in the UK.
    Of course, as with all legal matters, it comes down to definitions. How do you define water? Is it a food? How do you define medicine?
    According to Doug Cross, current updated European legislation, which came into force on 31st October 2005, will make it illegal to add fluoridating chemicals to water. He writes: "...The key ruling is the European Court of Justice's decision that the intent to medicate renders any chemical so used a medicinal substance..."
    "…. the quality of drinking water is covered by the EU food and water regulations as long as it does not contain any substance added with the intent to medicate any medical condition. Therefore, the presence of calcium fluoride in drinking water, as long as it is derived from natural sources, does not alter the status of drinking water as a food whose quality is regulated under the Water Quality Regulations.
    However, immediately any form of fluoride, whether 'natural' or artificial, and including those fluorides that do have medicinal Marketing Authorisations, is added to water with the intent to prevent or reduce dental caries, that water ceases to be a food and becomes a medicine.
    Neither authorized fluorides (potassium and sodium fluoride) nor any form of silicofluoride have Marketing Authorizations under the EU or UK legislations. Their use with the intent to medicate is therefore illegal - and absolutely so - from 31st October 2005."
    The British groups timed their press release to coincide with a meeting of the Directors of the Board for the newly formed Consumer Council for Water (known as CCWater) which took place in Birmingham yesterday (Nov 1, 2005).
    Would our members with legal backgrounds scrutinize this press release and supporting references to see if these arguments are sound? If they are, then this is truly a bombshell and I assume it would not only impact the UK but also Ireland, the only country in Europe which has mandatory countrywide fluoridation.
    Professor Paul Connett, 3rd November 2005
    paul@fluoridealert.org
    www.fluoridealert.org

[IMG]file:///C%7C/CREDENCE/NewEclub/210704/transparent.gif[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C%7C/CREDENCE/NewEclub/210704/transparent.gif[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C%7C/CREDENCE/NewEclub/210704/transparent.gif[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C%7C/CREDENCE/NewEclub/210704/transparent.gif[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C%7C/CREDENCE/NewEclub/210704/transparent.gif[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

That's not a bad idea actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

ajack-d-ripper-from-dr-strangelove%282%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

As a matter of interest how do you avoid flouridated water? Bottled watter is also flouridated afaik, apart from actually distilling it yourself is there another way?

As a matter of interest how do you avoid flouridated water? Bottled watter is also flouridated afaik, apart from actually distilling it yourself is there another way?

A reverse osmosis filter will do the job, it's plumbed into your water supply and you just change the filters every few month's.

http://www.aquaeuro.ie/products2_eu.asp?CategoryID=72&SubcategoryID=63

http://www.galwaywater.ie/reverse-osmosis-2

http://www.smartwatersolutions.ie/page38/page38.html

http://www.reverseosmosis.ie/index.html

EDIT:
    How to Remove Fluoride from Drinking Water
    Preventing Fluorosis

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryhowtoguide/a/removefluoride.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Reverse osmosis is the only way to remove fluoride from water. Some bottled water has no fluoride, if you shower or bath, fluoride can still soak into your skin afaik.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis

http://www.reverseosmosis.ie/

lol, great minds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Do either of you use reverse osmosis?

yekahs wrote: »
    Do either of you use reverse osmosis?

I installed one where I used to live:mad:, it was got for a saltwater aquarium originally instead of buying filtered water, now I drink mostly bottled spring water, although I drink a few gallons of tea a day made with the flouride stuff.
    But I know what I'm drinking when I'm drinking it, most people don't, that's the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

uprising2 wrote: »
    I installed one where I used to live:mad:, it was got for a saltwater aquarium originally instead of buying filtered water, now I drink mostly bottled spring water, although I drink a few gallons of tea a day made with the flouride stuff.
    But I know what I'm drinking when I'm drinking it, most people don't, that's the problem.

What differences did you notice when you had the reverse osmosis device installed (health-wise)?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Reverse osmosis is the only way to remove fluoride from water. Some bottled water has no fluoride, if you shower or bath, fluoride can still soak into your skin afaik.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis

http://www.reverseosmosis.ie/

With the steam in a hot shower you absorb through your lungs something like 7 or 8 times the amount of fluoride you would get from your daily drinking water intake, it's like smoking, bar injecting it, it's the quickest route into your bloodstream.
    Reverse osmosis is something i have looked into, it removes about 95% of the fluoride which is pretty good but if you want to remove 100% you need a water distiller, both options are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBRBPgTOt0&feature=player_embedded
    FLUORIDE TRUTH HITS THE TV IN AUSTRALIA
    This is well worth watching.

yekahs wrote: »
    What differences did you notice when you had the reverse osmosis device installed (health-wise)?

The fish lived....

Other than that I can't say I noticed anything healthwise TBH, although I make sure my kids don't drink tap water, it contain's a lot of crap they don't need.

EDIT:
    Dublin City Council Chemical standards
    Many of the chemicals listed below are not normally found in drinking water, or only occur in local circumstances.
    http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/DrinkingWater/WaterQuality/DrinkingQualityRegs/Drinking%20waterqualitystandards/Pages/Chemicalstandards.aspx

TBH I blame the local water supply in Popintree, Ballymun, for the very high cancer rate.
    Living on Cancer Street, Dublin 11
    Everyone who lives inPoppintree in Ballymun, north Dublin, has a neighbour who has been affected by cancer. The National Cancer Registry blames this on diet and lifestyle; the locals disagree, and believe it's no coincidence that so many of them are dying.
    http://www.tribune.ie/article/2005/jul/17/living-on-cancer-street-dublin-11/

I have been using bottled water for some time now. I do check to make sure it has little or no fluoride. I don't see any difference really, I had thought of late I was a bit quicker to remember things, but this could also be imagination.
    My points in the whole fluoridation thing is.
    If we boil it it concentrates the dose.
    Why are we being made use it at all?
    Why did the EU court tell the Irish government to stop this, and yet we hear little of it in the MSM?
    Do the people who pour this crap in our water have no idea, or do they care?
    True for some earlier poster, we need to sue the local councils, but alas for that to happen we would need a solicitor who is not already fed up with making money from the oh so nice criminal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Other than that I can't say I noticed anything healthwise TBH

Am I correct in thinking that you've taken the fluoride out of the water with a filter, but have noticed no difference in your health and wellbeing since doing so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elpoder

I always wonder do our heads of state know much about this kinda thing! Do they drink tap water etc! I dont know much about it all but I wouldnt be surprised if the hidden agenda theories are true. Just in case :p I wouldnt drink tap water and avoid stuff like aspartame.

Am I correct in thinking that you've taken the fluoride out of the water with a filter, but have noticed no difference in your health and wellbeing since doing so?

Yea, but that's not to say there isn't cancer or some other disease making it's way through my body now.

I'm not a very self preserving person, I have numerous bad habit's, I've smoked since I'm 9, but wouldn't like the idea of my children taking up the habit, if you read back a little you'll see I got the filter for a fish tank originally, but you can really taste the difference.

And I also said I drink buckets of tea with the flouride stuff, but don't allow my kids to drink it. I'm having a cuppa now made with ballygowan and it sure does taste better.

The issue here is that the average person isn't aware of the bad affects of flouride and all the other toxin's that are in tap water, go back a little and I also posted a link to Dublin City Council water chemicals, a lot of bad sh1t in tap water, and different amounts depending where it comes from and the condition of the pipes it's carried through.

Unlike me some people try to live healthy and are unaware that with all the healthy option's they choose, they are putting toxins into their bodies with the tap water they drink.

I just believe people should be made more aware, so they can drink it if they choose to or not if they choose that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I feel its very unfair.Some people cant afford to be buying bottled water.
    Did you ever get the feeling we are part of an experiment? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Torakx wrote: »
    I feel its very unfair.Some people cant afford to be buying bottled water.

You feel what's unfair? That they can't defend themselves from something that does need defence against? If it was proven that fluoride is harmful then we could say it's unfair, but all tests have shown otherwise.

Even uprising noticed no difference with and without flouride in water.

Don't be getting your knickers in a twist

Oh, forgot, ;) seems to be the done thing.

Even uprising noticed no difference with and without flouride in water.

No he didn't. Read 2 posts back.

How convenient you overlooked that.

Torakx wrote: »
    I feel its very unfair.Some people cant afford to be buying bottled water

flourideDrstrange.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

flourideDrstrange.JPG

No, that won't do either. Chemtrails come down in the rain.

RoboClam wrote: »
    No, that won't do either. Chemtrails come down in the rain.

Maybe, but no government fluoride...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Andypando wrote: »
    Do the people who pour this crap in our water have no idea, or do they care?

They really don't care , as long as they are paid , they could'nt give a f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

What about the Ryan v. Attorney General case? It was dismissed as it was found that there was no evidence that fluoridation was harmful, and instead it was actually beneficial.

Has some new evidence come to light since then?

TBH I blame the local water supply in Popintree, Ballymun, for the very high cancer rate.

That's a bit irrational, considering the likelihood of contracting cancer, and the number of people, it's not that unexpected that pockets of areas with high rates are going to happen. It's almost a certainty really.

• Advertisement

go back a little and I also posted a link to Dublin City Council water chemicals, a lot of bad sh1t in tap water, and different amounts depending where it comes from and the condition of the pipes it's carried through.

You realise that's their standards right? Not a list of ingredients?

Advertisement