Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikileaks founder accused of rape

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Di0genes wrote: »
    Again you're just exposing that you don't understand how wikileaks work

Wikileaks is hosted in Sweden, and several other countries. Aftonbladet could publish a story, but injunctions, could prevent the story being repeated in other countries. Take libel law for example. It's not uncommon for a story to be published in one country, and an injunction taken out in this country could prevent our press on reporting the case. Wikileaks, because it's hosted and mirrored on so many severs in so many countries means that it can operate with impunity.

And Assange isn't the editor btw, he sits on a board of advisers.

This is getting ridiculous now.

I don't want to argue anymore about this. Assange and Wikileaks are not interwined. Very public accusations (true or false) of rape and molestatation have no effect whatsoever. The CIA (or other injured parties) would have zero motivation for setting up a honey-trap or fabricating the whole scenario. The CIA are fighting the good fight for our freedom. The only conspiracies that happen are price-fixing between airlines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

People get smug with the benefit of hindsight?

Its not hindsight, from the get go there were two schools of thought here

A) OMG :eek: CIA Plot to discredit the owner of Wikileaks!!!!!! :eek:

B) Well lets wait and see and find out the merits of the case.

Now as it turns out, the charges could well be valid, but if he is guilty (I'm not saying he is) he's guilty of being a bit of misogynistic and careless with his sexual partners. He might get sent on some gender sensitive training, and asked to attend some classes on STDs.

Never mind storm in a teacup, it's storm in a thimble. And if this is a CIA smear tactic, congress should drop a zero from their budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

C) Never be suspicious, never discuss your suspicions in case you're wrong.

= Goodbye CT forum

Now as it turns out, the charges could well be valid, but if he is guilty (I'm not saying he is) he's guilty of being a bit of misogynistic and careless with his sexual partners. He might get sent on some gender sensitive training, and asked to attend some classes on STDs.

Never mind storm in a teacup, it's storm in a thimble. And if this is a CIA smear tactic, congress should drop a zero from their budget.

Really?

This was your first post in this thread.
    (RE militia mentioned by demonspawn) I'm sorry, the, what?

Yes really because rape convictions have a famously high conviction rate. I wonder why when thats the mentality of potential jurors.

Your post does not put you into the group: B) Well lets wait and see and find out the merits of the case.

In fact all you've done is attacked demonspawn and his "mentality" for no apparent reason and admitted you knew nothing about the militia group which you tried to pretend you were "familiar" with in later posts for some reason.

Out of interest which "school of taught" was I in?

meglome wrote: »
    Where did you get he's editor of wikileaks?
    Google Wikileaks editor'http:

//www.google.com/search?q=google+wikileaks+editor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=eSI&rls=org.mozilla%3Asv-SE%3Aofficial&q=+wikileaks+editor&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=5b3b5f1b66fa9009
    He's one of 1200 people albeit a public facing one. Yes he's obviously senior in the organisation but if he's gone nothing would change as far as I can see, other than someone else would be the public face.

According to your own article he is "the founder". What you fail to realise is that he is not going to be "gone" as he has refuted the charges. Therefore, he shall continue to be the "public face". Therefore, the public face of Wikileaks shall continue to be associated with sex crimes. Which part are you not understanding?

I don't think anyone suggested for a second that a sex crime accusation was a good thing. However Michael Jackson was in charge of his own affairs, sure he had lawyers, and bodyguards and hangeroners but the whole organisation was centred around Michael Jackson. Wikileaks is called wikileaks not Julian Assange.

Julian Assange is called Julian Assange. Wikileads was founded by Julian Assange. Julian Assange in the physical representation of Wikileaks. Julian Assange is Wikileaks.
    My opposal to any and all CT's? hahaha.
    Well, yes. You denied that Operation Northwoods was a conspiracy. When in fact it is documented and classic example of a conspiracy. If the denial kicks in the face of proven conspiracies what chance is there of you to judge unproven conpiracies accurately?
    I have no doubt there are conspiracy's happening, each and every day. I have sighted in the past the price fixing that went on between British Airways and Virgin on transatlantic flights as a good example.
    Easy tiger ;):D
    And I have a major problem believing that numbers of power hungry people will all sit around a room and do what they are told and/or all agree on the same thing - human nature and history would tell me otherwise.

You don't believe in the EU?

Wikileaks founder could be dumped
    Bad attitude to women
    http://www.techeye.net/security/wikileaks-founder-could-be-dumped

Looks like the guy may be a dick to women... see what can happen when we don't make assumptions and let fact get in the way of the CT.

The girl who has been named is a interesting character. This is from her blog:
    * Home Home
    * Quotes Quotes

Sjustegsmodell for legal revenge

19 januari 2010 January 19, 2010
    I have been thinking about some of vengeance in recent days and came across a great site that has inspired me to this seven-point revenge instruction in Swedish.

Step 1

Consider very carefully if you really must take revenge. It is almost always better to forgive than to avenge.

Step 2
    Think about why you should take revenge. You do not just be clear about who to take revenge on, but also why. Revenge is never directed against only one person, but also respond to a given document.

Step 3
    The principle of proportionality. Remember that revenge will not only match the deed in size but also in nature. A good revenge is linked to what has been done against you. For example if you want revenge on someone who cheated or who dumped you, you should have a penalty with dating / six / fidelity to do.

Step 4
    Do a brainstorm appropriate measures for the category of revenge you're after. To continue the example above, you can paja your victim's current relationship, so to get his new partner is unfaithful or ensure that he gets a madman after him. Use your imagination!

Step 5
    . Figure out how you can systematically take revenge. Perhaps a series of letters and photographs that may be new to believe that you will still be better than just a big lie on a single occasion?

Step 6
    Rank your systematic revenge schemes from low to high in terms of likely success, required input from you, and degree of satisfaction when you succeed. The ideal, of course, revenge is as high as possible in these bars, but can often be a greater effort of labor and capital provide safer output for the other two, much more important parameters.

Step 7 Get to work. And remember what your goals are while you are operating, make sure that your victim will suffer the same way as he made you suffer. (emphasis hers)

Entry Filed under: politik . Entry Filed under: politics . Taggar: återgälda , hämnas , hämnd , laglig hämnd , revenge , straffa . Tags: reciprocate , revenge , revenge , revenge lawful , revenge , punishment .

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwebcache.googleusercontent.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcache%3AKqxoRlB3Ub0J%3Aannaardin.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F01%2F19%2Fsjustegsmodell-for-laglig-hamnd%2F%2Bsjustegsmodell%2Bf%25C3%25B6r%2Blaglig%2Bh%25C3%25A4mnd%26amp%3Bcd%3D1%26amp%3Bhl%3Dsv%26amp%3Bct%3Dclnk%26amp%3Bclient%3Dsafari&act=url

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I think its fair to say wikileaks would be affected negatively by this, especially if he's found to be guilty. He's the public face of wikileaks. It'd be very easy for any media to attach something like, 'wikileaks, which was founded by rapist Julian Assange' to their story if they are against it, and immediately create a negaive perception of it in peoples minds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

This story is back in the news today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/8143922/Wikileaks-founder-Julian-Assange-hiding-in-Britain-as-Swedes-poised-to-issue-arrest-warrant.html
    Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, is thought to be hiding in Britain after Swedish prosecutors said the country would issue an international warrant for his arrest on multiple charges of rape and sexual assault.

Advertisement