Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ghiertal wrote: »
    Do you not find his Facebook page odd? It has gone up by another 4 in the last fifteen minutes. We are entitled to better than Tubridy, that's the interest I have in the matter.

You can take an hour lunch break Ghiertal. I'll keep watch on Tubs's Facebook page until 1pm. Jimmy will be here at 6 to do the night shift ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

You can take an hour lunch break Ghiertal. I'll keep watch on Tubs's Facebook page until 1pm. Jimmy will be here at 6 to do the night shift ;)

It seems to have stopped now.

It seems to have stopped now.

He probably knows that you're on to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Have you ever heard of a thing called Facebook ads? Many businesses and pages do it and without investing large sums of money will significantly increase the number of likes they have. Maybe the Conspiracy Theory forum is more suited for you Ghiertal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

July Rain wrote: »

Great team and content! Such as the woman that was Looking forward to Lee Evans in the o2 this weekend and discovered the tix were for 2014 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So i wonder what tomorrow's show will be about ? Or is he off tomorrow given the day that's in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So i wonder what tomorrow's show will be about ? Or is he off tomorrow given the day that's in it ?

What's tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

jimmynokia wrote: »
    What's tomorrow?

JFK 50th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

er ah

• Advertisement

Tuned in today at some stage just to see what the fuss was about and i got the misery section,nothing has changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Tuned in today at some stage just to see what the fuss was about and i got the misery section,nothing has changed.

Tubs probably thinks the same thing if he reads this forum!

He is continuously banging on about the Toy Show. "I'm going into training later on for Friday night", "Fergal" , "Donate to SVP, toys". Of course he will have to take Friday off to prepare for it. Sad isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

He is continuously banging on about the Toy Show. "I'm going into training later on for Friday night", "Fergal" , "Donate to SVP, toys". Of course he will have to take Friday off to prepare for it. Sad isn't it.

I dunno if I'd say it's sad, the toy show is an Irish institution, no one wants to be the one that makes a mess of it. I'm sure PK and GB went on about it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I dunno if I'd say it's sad, the toy show is an Irish institution, no one wants to be the one that makes a mess of it. I'm sure PK and GB went on about it too.

To me, its a little more sad that someone listens to him, and then rushes here to say how sad he is. Why would anyone choose to listen to something they then profess to find "sad", and then announce that?

RachaelVO wrote: »

He doesn't seem to mind making a mess of the other 30 odd Late Lates. Pat Kenny rarely mentioned the Toy Show on his radio programme. Tubridy tries to generate cheap publicity running off to the newspapers "Oh the production team are trying to stop me from dancing" I can't remember Gay Byrne on radio but he didn't go in for tabloid publicity. It's beyond pathetic.

Tubbins "I can never understand people who eat food after 7 o'clock" says the man who eats about 2 slices of bread a day.

He doesn't seem to mind making a mess of the other 30 odd Late Lates. Pat Kenny rarely mentioned the Toy Show on his radio programme. Tubridy tries to generate cheap publicity running off to the newspapers "Oh the production team are trying to stop me from dancing" I can't remember Gay Byrne on radio but he didn't go in for tabloid publicity. It's beyond pathetic.

Tubbins "I can never understand people who eat food after 7 o'clock" says the man who eats about 2 slices of bread a day.

Your posts seem to ooze a bitterness to Ryan Tubridy. Why do you listen to him if you find him "pathetic" and "sad" and so and so on?

Pat Kenny rarely mentioned the Toy Show on his radio programme.

No wonder Pat Kenny rarely mentioned the Toy Show on his radio programme. He was always a complete disaster on the night of the Toy Show. It was way too far out of his comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Ah you're being very harsh there. I like Tubs doing the Late Late, he does a good job, except once when he interviewed Ronan, that was the only time he annoyed me doing it. If it was me hosting the Toy show, I'd taking ads out on bilboards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Quit the bitching. If you don't like Ryan, don't listen to him. Simple as. Now stay on topic.

• Advertisement

Tubs was on the strawberry alarm clock this morning and was actually funny. Out of his comfort zone though.

Tubs was on the strawberry alarm clock this morning and was actually funny. Out of his comfort zone though.

Its a good lesson for us all, and we should all push ourselves out of our comfort zones from time to time.

**Post removed

Splinter**

he seems to be a great guest on other shows, he was great on the Ian Dempsey show too.

JIm Jim ripped him to shreds and he seemed to take it well have to say i found it a funny few ,mins but you could tell tubs was out of his dept,but fair play to him.I would say when he got off air he said to himself what a right pair or plonkers.

Great monologue on the topical subject of the "chuckle brothers" this morning. The actual chuckle brothers not paisley and mcguinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭prunudo

Can't believe that's it's nearly 2 months since somebody last posted. The show must have improved :D

ha ha!

yeah he's peaking at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Little glimpse into Tub's value system this morning.

Commenting on Paul Kimmage resignation as BOD's ghostwriter, Ryan says "it won't hurt sales of the book one bit".

No appreciation of whether it would be a better or worse book. No regard for content at all.

Listeners, book buyers, whatever - they are just fodder. Serve them up any old crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Little glimpse into Tub's value system this morning.

Commenting on Paul Kimmage resignation as BOD's ghostwriter, Ryan says "it won't hurt sales of the book one bit".

No appreciation of whether it would be a better or worse book. No regard for content at all.

As well as being a bit of a cliche Isounds like something Marian Finucane would say), it was a pretty inane comment. I can't imagine how the replacement of a semi-well-know ghost-writer with a much less well-known one, almost a year before the book is to be released, would help the sales of the autobiography of one of Ireland's most iconic sports players.

Listeners, book buyers, whatever - they are just fodder. Serve them up any old crap.

That's certainly been Tubridy's technique, to date.

Advertisement