Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's Best Countries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ireland should be number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Newsweek being the same magazine that said Clowen was a great leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I met Michelle Heaton in a pub before and was chatting her up for a while. She was really nice but kindy declined my offer of somewhere to spend the night.....

Thats my best c-untry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Because Ireland having:
    • No natural disasters (Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornado's, Hurricanes, Flash floods, avalanches etc)
    • Lowest Murder rate (Compare to other countries)
    • Pretty much no one goes hungry
    • Weather not too hot, not too cold.
    • Virtually no threat of terrorist attacks
    • Neutral country not involved in any wars

Ireland for No.1!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I fail to understand how Ireland always does well in these. I mean we have a health system that doesn't really work, a fairly poor outdated education system, **** all infrastructure worth talking about, high suicide rates, **** weather, awful public transport, massive massive corruption at all levels of government, everything is overpriced, huge substance abuse problems, knackers everywhere, high unemployment, poorly maintained forestry and countryside...

EDIT since people are not going to read past this anyway seemingly, my post from further down

"clearly Ireland is better than many many countries, but not in the top 20 by any stretch of the imagination "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Burkina Faso should be number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I fail to understand how Ireland always does well in these. I mean we have a health system that doesn't really work, a fairly poor outdated education system, **** all infrastructure worth talking about, high suicide rates, **** weather, awful public transport, massive massive corruption at all levels of government, everything is overpriced, huge substance abuse problems, knackers everywhere, high unemployment...

Just shows people here exaggerate problems, and don't understand what Ireland is like in comparison to other countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Mark200 wrote: »
    Just shows people here exaggerate problems, and don't understand what Ireland is like in comparison to other countries...

"Sure dares always someone worse off dan yourself."

That kind of Irish attitude that we get from the Catholic church.

Hit the bricks Catholicism!

Mark200 wrote: »

clearly Ireland is better than many many countries, but not in the top 20 by any stretch of the imangination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

North Korea is best Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I fail to understand how Ireland always does well in these. I mean we have a health system that doesn't really work, a fairly poor outdated education system, **** all infrastructure worth talking about, high suicide rates, **** weather, awful public transport, massive massive corruption at all levels of government, everything is overpriced, huge substance abuse problems, knackers everywhere, high unemployment, poorly maintained forestry and countryside...

in fairness norway and finland always top these polls and they beat ireland easily in the things in bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

♫ Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, All other countries are run by little girls.
    Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium, all other countries have inferior potassium.
    Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool, it's length thirty meter and width six meter. Filtration system a marvel to behold. It remove 83 percent of human solid waste.
    Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown. Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan, They very nosey people with bone in their brain. Kazakhstan industry best in the world, we invented toffee and trouser belt.
    Kazakhstan's prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course Turkmenistan's. Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown. Come grasp the might penis of our leader from junction with the testes to tip of its face! ♫

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

i fail to understand how people don't realise how lucky they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

Where ever it is, its not in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anywhere in the pacific islands. Ireland, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

iceland is a preety cool place

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If we would produce more Guinness, we would rise to No. 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Finland No 1

Hard to take this survey seriously.

I've been to Finland and its a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i want to log in here someday and for once, just once, not see ireland getting slagged off by it's own citizens. ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

i want to log in here someday and for once, just once, not see ireland getting slagged off by it's own citizens. ffs.

Nice username there Mr. Cowen.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Nailz wrote: »
    Anywhere in the pacific islands. Ireland, no.

Why are all the Pacific Islanders desperate to leave their paradises to go and live in Oz/NZ?

Punchline:
    There is no punchline, even though the post may look like a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Finland & Norway always seem to come in the top of all lists. It's a pity they are freezing cold, otherwise I'd consider migrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Maybe the people asked in this survey include brian cowen, sean fitzpatrick, bertie ahern and iver callaly....i'm sure they would all say ireland is indeed number 1 sure where else would put up with all them and reward them like we have!!!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    in fairness Norway and Finland always top these polls and they beat Ireland easily in the things in bold

the weather over there is better I'd argue, warmer in the summer and more certain in the winter. Snow is predictable and its not raining every 12 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Pal wrote: »
    Finland No 1

Hard to take this survey seriously.

I've been to Finland and its a kip.

I've lived in Finland and its far from a kip! Fantastic health and education system, amazing culture and most importantly, the women are stunning. Stunning i tells ya!

dlofnep wrote: »
    Finland & Norway always seem to come in the top of all lists. It's a pity they are freezing cold, otherwise I'd consider migrating.

Not so, Finland and Norway get much warmer and longer summers than Ireland... admittedly the winter is bollox-numbingly cold but at least you get to ski... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Because most of the rest of the world is really ****ing poor.
    What have you done to improve Ireland today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

the weather over there is better I'd argue, warmer in the summer and more certain in the winter. Snow is predictable and its not raining every 12 hours :)

Long-term snow is a pain in the ass. I lived in Michigan, and there were often days when you couldn't even get outside the house.

As for the summer - Oslo's climate is comparable to here in Waterford. It's about 1 to 1.5 degrees warmer through june, july & august. But hardly scorching. Strange that it is mildly hotter though considering where it geographically sits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah but look on the bright side....dustin the turkey, taytos, twink, battered burgers....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

where other countries have you lived in, exactly?

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Because most of the rest of the world is really ****ing poor.
    What have you done to improve Ireland today?

I cycled to work and left the car at home :)

Advertisement