Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockfords Nightclub

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

In this modern, fast-moving, crazy world, it's nice to see some things haven't changed.

Rockfords still smelling of pi$$ and sweat, with sticky carpets and blocked fire exits, 15-odd years after I was last there, is not one of those things, however !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

snyper wrote: »
    ah rockfords.. i got me first "shift" there lol... thats a loooooooooooooooong time ago.. and i havnt gone back since!

was the shift that bad? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

its a kip end of and the owner is tight funny how the only part of his empire that survived the fire was his over priced over rated money spinning nite club eh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

james098 wrote: »
    its a kip end of and the owner is tight funny how the only part of his empire that survived the fire was his over priced over rated money spinning nite club eh:D

Rockfords is owed by a family ,there would be 4 or 5 people with a share of it.your right about it been overpriced but I don't know too many people who rate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Very young crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

paddy978 wrote: »
    Very young crowd.
    Its ridiculous how young people are and the bouncers cant seem to tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 25 year old! usually the 25 year old is put in the id line!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

Miss Snowy wrote: »
    Its ridiculous how young people are and the bouncers cant seem to tell the difference between a 16 year old and a 25 year old! usually the 25 year old is put in the id line!!!
    thats why they are supposed to check ID....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

james098 wrote: »
    thats why they are supposed to check ID....:eek:
    Supposed to being the word!!! They should check all if thats the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

the first night club I got in to :)

Happy days, me with my dodgy ID, a few friends and the student teacher from school who everyone wanted to hook up with.

Place was a kip back then over 12 years ago and sounds like it hasn't changed much.

Also blinkers in Athlone as someone mentioned was another kip but at least it used to be cheap.

Anyone remember the Planet in Ballanasloe?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 christine_cro

pawrick wrote: »
    the first night club I got in to :)

Happy days, me with my dodgy ID, a few friends and the student teacher from school who everyone wanted to hook up with.

Place was a kip back then over 12 years ago and sounds like it hasn't changed much.

Also blinkers in Athlone as someone mentioned was another kip but at least it used to be cheap.

Anyone remember the Planet in Ballanasloe?!

yes used go same places, ballinasloe and roscommon. was in athlone a few times as well but cant remember if it was blinkers or maybe it was called something else then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Although I'm in Roscommon for one weekend per month I've never been to Rockfords!! How is it this time of year?

What time does it close and is it easy to get a taxi from town out near Four mile house after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

suntottie wrote: »
    Although I'm in Roscommon for one weekend per month I've never been to Rockfords!! How is it this time of year?

What time does it close and is it easy to get a taxi from town out near Four mile house after?

best during the summer, as in more of a crowd. students have some money! closing time depends on the guards really! ive seen it close at 2:15am, and 3:20am anothing in between is possible

taxi's are hard to come by, main reason why im only in rockies 3-4 max times a year, used to be 3-4 times a month when I was 18!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Castlemore in Ballagh is the only way to go lads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 quinners89

what are the dj's and usual muscic like there?

proper club djs or just local guys that would also work as mobile dj's too?

Have a gig on saturday finished early for once so thinking of poping in for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

quinners89 wrote: »
    what are the dj's and usual muscic like there?

proper club djs or just local guys that would also work as mobile dj's too?

Have a gig on saturday finished early for once so thinking of poping in for a look.
    its just a fella with two CDJs playing Rihanna, Country Roads, Cotton Eye Joe and the like

Advertisement