Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You think If 100 Million people lives on this Island?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055976759

The original "bedsit" has been taken down from daft, however, there would many many more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Well by the time we'd get to 8 million, we'd have a spud famine and be reduced back to 4 million.

8 mill thats the limit

I think we'll be fine unless there is a simultaneous couscous blight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We might win the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

galwayrush wrote: »
    We might win the world cup.
    Well India has a population of 1 billion, and they aren't the best. Quality, not quantity ;)

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Well India has a population of 1 billion, and they aren't the best. Quality, not quantity ;)

True, well maybe half the world will like Irish take away food then.
    Hahha, going out for an Indian Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I read somewhere that if the famine had never happened, we'd have a population nearer the 30 million mark for the whole island.

tolosenc wrote: »
    I read somewhere that if the famine had never happened, we'd have a population nearer the 30 million mark for the whole island.

After all those years with FF in power......no ****ing chance.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

tolosenc wrote: »

read something like that too, althogh think it was around 22-24 million people, assuming our population growth stayed in line with englands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

galwayrush wrote: »
    True, well maybe half the world will like Irish take away food then.
    Hahha, going out for an Indian Irish.
    An Irish curry?

100 million people living in Ireland - which could give Boards a membership of say over 1 million members...how many mods woulds AH need?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

read something like that too, althogh think it was around 22-24 million people, assuming our population growth stayed in line with englands
    I read thirty seven million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I read thirty seven million.

It would have to have been closer to that to have stayed in line with englands.

Famine:
    Ireland 8 million +
    England 11-12 million

Now
    Ireland Pushing 6 Million
    England Pushing 55 Million

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Well we'd have one of the highest population density in the world bar the likes of hong kong and monaco

so it's be pretty much one massive city across the entire country with 1100 people living in every sq km with 5 times the populatin density of dublin in every square inch of the country... now seeing as there's hardly too many people going to live on the side of croagh patrick and carrontuhill we can image the mess there'd be...

holy christ - we'd be f***ed with the city planning we'd experienced in this country...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Wonder what this island Would be like if 100 million people lived on this island I say it would be very cramped anyway lol. But if 100 million people did live here How would the goverment cope? and Where would they live? Any ideas anyone?
    OP suuuuure likes random capitalisation of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Well we'd have one of the highest population density in the world bar the likes of hong kong and monaco

so it's be pretty much one massive city across the entire country with 1100 people living in every sq km with 5 times the populatin density of dublin in every square inch of the country... now seeing as there's hardly too many people going to live on the side of croagh patrick and carrontuhill we can image the mess there'd be...

holy christ - we'd be f***ed with the city planning we'd experienced in this country...
    Ahhh, I know. Wouldn't it be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Dont think it would be that bad, get a few lads to build a city in the middle of nowhere and dump 20 million in there, whats to say ye cant have 200, 200 story apartment blocks? Built on top of an underground road and rail network. Then knock down Dublin and start again "properly" Then repeat as needed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

johnmcdnl wrote: »

so it's be pretty much one massive city across the entire country with 1100 people living in every sq km with 5 times the populatin density of dublin in every square inch of the country

the population density of county dublin roughly 1300 people per sq km, there are still plenty of green areas in county dublin, get a few miles from o'connell street (e.g south of swords) and there plentiful green fields, cows etc

Advertisement