Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mindless drunken vandalism

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Seriously though, i'm from Kilkenny and i have to say that GAA fans are complete scumbags. They'd nearly spit on you if you said you had no interest in either Bogball or Stickbogball.

The amount of cases of refs and players etc. being assaulted at club games around the country is shameful. Guess that what happens when you get a load of boozed up farmers working themselves into a frenzy over an amatuer game.

I feel bad for the guy that got his car wrecked because i've even seen it down here after big games. They people are the 'alright-bud'-Anto's of the rural areas of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So what? They televise the games, don't they? Why should the same small neighbourhood have to put up with this scumbag behaviour for half the year? Let's share the 'love' around.
    As others have said, Croke park has been there for a very long time; ye knew what it was like when ye moved in. I do feel sorry for anyone who's property gets vandalised, it's the vast minority of the crowd and it lets us all down.

Odd for Fairview. Would make more sense closer to Ballybough. Plus wrenching a door takes a whack of time.
    I'm not quite calling shenanigans on this story, but given the amount of Gardai in the vicinity of Croker DURING games (and their subsequent disappearing act when games are over) I'm perplexed how someone would have had the time to commit that damage in a heavily policed area during daytime.
    The cops went down the road when they were parking, so they thought it'd be grand, but I don't know what their presence in the area was like during the match.

And it's the vast minority of scumbags who give everyone a bad name on that front too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

kfallon wrote: »
    Wait til the students come back to Quinns, you'll be wishing the GAA was still on!

I don't think the students ever leave, tbh. Plenty of them in there many's a weekday evening. The same noise levels as the GAA-heads, but less p!ssing in gardens or random acts of vandalism, however.
    I'm not in the vicinity of that boozer so I don't get to suffer like those in its immediate hinterland do. If I was, I'd probably consider investing in a sniper turret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's off-topic. I'd rather not have my thread derailed into a free-for-all about scumbaggery across the world, or we'll have youtube videos of Taliban beheadings in here next.
    The topic is clear and straightforward. Please try to stick to it. If other topics are of interest, you can open your own thread on them.

Your thread derailed from the topic at hand a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

And dont get me started on them romanians...

kylith wrote: »
    As others have said, Croke park has been there for a very long time; ye knew what it was like when ye moved in. I do feel sorry for anyone who's property gets vandalised, it's the vast minority of the crowd and it lets us all down.

Confused.
    Croke Park existed for a hundred years, therefore residents should just stfu and put up with their property being destroyed, shouting till all hours outside their doors and cleaning up the p!ss, sh!te, rubbish and vomit out of their gardens, doorways and paths?
    Are you suggesting that GAA games at Croker have ALWAYS led to such behaviour? Because that would suggest a ban on the association was in order.
    If not, I fail to see how you can berate residents who want to live in their community, near where their kids go to school, their workplaces and the city centre.

kylith wrote: »
    The cops went down the road when they were parking, so they thought it'd be grand, but I don't know what their presence in the area was like during the match.

And it's the vast minority of scumbags who give everyone a bad name on that front too.

The Garda presence from an hour before games until the traffic clears afterwards is enormous. Then they vanish. Then the culchies get drunk and the 'fun' begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Dublin plays GAA as well - quite good at it also.

The Garda presence from an hour before games until the traffic clears afterwards is enormous. Then they vanish. Then the culchies get drunk and the 'fun' begins.
    Well its better than shooting up heroin like the dubs.. /ignorant stereotyping

mjquinno wrote: »
    Dublin plays GAA as well - quite good at it also.

Yup. And they go home after games and do their boozing in their own areas. As, in fairness, do a lot of the Northerners, and those from the likes of Kerry or Donegal (long drive home, presumably.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

i blame northsiders....always trouble.....wouldnt get this behaviour in lovely Tallaght, never :D

Well its better than shooting up heroin like the dubs.. /ignorant stereotyping

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/survey-sharp-rise-in-heroin-use-in-midlands-120567.html

Stereotype fail.
    Seriously, if you want to discuss Dublin junkie scumbaggery, there's no end of threads on that already.

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/survey-sharp-rise-in-heroin-use-in-midlands-120567.html

Stereotype fail.
    Seriously, if you want to discuss Dublin junkie scumbaggery, there's no end of threads on that already.

This wouldnt have to do with the large amount of people from dublin moving to the country would it. It might, and it mightnt. My ignorant stereotype was meant to be exactly that, ignorant, as is yours about "culchies".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Stereotype fail.

I agree
    OP was about a group of drunken culchies after a GAA match
    Now, what do you think made them violent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Culchies

I have a strong dislike for that word, when it's used to describe any person that lives outside the pale. Can you try not to use it like that please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Did he actually see it happening? When you get 60,000+ people together of course some of them will be scumbags. However any around at 3a.m. plus on a Sunday night would more likely be "culchies" already living in Dublin I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Yup. And they go home after games and do their boozing in their own areas. As, in fairness, do a lot of the Northerners, and those from the likes of Kerry or Donegal (long drive home, presumably.)

With that logic therefore the following counties do not pose any problem?

Cork
    Kerry
    Clare
    Galway
    Mayo
    Sligo
    Donegal
    northern counties

This wouldnt have to do with the large amount of people from dublin moving to the country would it.

Nope. Not a commuter belt phenomenon.
    It might, and it mightnt. My ignorant stereotype was meant to be exactly that, ignorant, as is yours about "culchies".

It's simply fact. I'm happy to call them rural residents of Ireland if you prefer, but that's simply more wordy and they don't deserve to be aggrandised in that fashion, as that tars all rural residents with the same brush.
    These people come up to Dublin for de match, ayte de sangwiches, cheer on de lads, skull de pints and then trash de area. They're culchies at their worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I have a strong dislike for that word, when it's used to describe any person that lives outside the pale. Can you try not to use it like that please? Thanks

I agree.
    The official term is 'Muck Savage'

mjquinno wrote: »
    With that logic therefore the following counties do not pose any problem?

Cork
    Kerry
    Clare
    Galway
    Mayo
    Sligo
    Donegal
    northern counties

I could take a poll of the area if you like. But in my anecdotal experience (being further away from the heart of darkness), there is less hassle from the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

flash1080 wrote: »
    Dublin is some ****hole.

where pray tell, is your good self from?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

being further away from the heart of darkness

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.
    But you have no right to call me a culchie.
    You have a right to kill me.
    You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me.
    It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
    Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.
    Horror and moral terror are your friends.
    If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared...... They are truly enemies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The problem is not Croke Park, the problem is a sizeable minority of GAA fans.
    Other sports and events do not bring the same problems.

mikom wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here.....

eh.... thats right....all those fans are dubs....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Large Stadia should only be allow to be built in large open areas away from the city centre (eg Berlins Olympicstadion). The redevelopment of Croker and Lansdowne should never have been allowed in situ. Both organisations should have been told to sell-up and move out to the M50 where they could build suitable proper stadia without having to waste so much of taxpayers money.

However, sports "fans" in this country complain about inconvenient ideas like that. But that's only because deep down they're more interested in the occasion & in getting to the pub than the sporting event itself.

So theres never any drink problems in Dublin until people from the country come. Are you being serious ?

so what he's claiming isn't true?...Are you being serious?

spurious wrote: »
    The problem is not Croke Park, the problem is a sizeable minority of GAA fans.
    Other sports and events do not bring the same problems.

This is the universal experience of the residents in the area, my own included. The soccer fans hung around a bit, few pints, off home. The rugby fans were gone within an hour. Concert goers, a few will hang about but most head into the city centre.
    Only a minority of GAA supporters feel the irrepressible need to get hammered and destroy the area for hours on end.

mikom wrote: »
    I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.
    But you have no right to call me a culchie.
    You have a right to kill me.
    You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me.
    It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
    Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.
    Horror and moral terror are your friends.
    If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared...... They are truly enemies!

clever.:rolleyes:

yet another attempt @ thread spoiling.

Nope. Not a commuter belt phenomenon.

It's simply fact. I'm happy to call them rural residents of Ireland if you prefer, but that's simply more wordy and they don't deserve to be aggrandised in that fashion, as that tars all rural residents with the same brush.
    These people come up to Dublin for de match, ayte de sangwiches, cheer on de lads, skull de pints and then trash de area. They're culchies at their worst.

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band. I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band. I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

Q.E.D.

thats gotta win post of the Day.

• Advertisement

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band.

Can you book them for weddings?
    I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

I've repeatedly stated that every time there is a big GAA game, usually but not exclusively involving two teams from down the country (though not usually from the island's extremities), it ends up with the neighbourhood being trashed by drunken GAA supporting scumbags.
    That's a pretty well-defined cohort of people, and hardly tarring the entirety of rural dwellers with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

this thread is about slaggin culchies (or rural country dwellers as the OP so diplomatically defines said name...like there are no urban areas outside Dublin :rolleyes:)

leave me out - for the same reason i'll never start a thread for the sole purpose of ranting about Dubs...i dont have a chip on my shoulder, i dont resort to sterotypes and i'm educated enough to know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush just cause they're all congregating in the same area wearing the same coloured clothes.

OP...stop with the ranting, it's worn

thebullkf wrote: »
    Q.E.D.

thats gotta win post of the Day.

I refer you to post #59 .

so what he's claiming isn't true?...Are you being serious?

wtf?

Anyway, turning this into a Culchie vs Dub slagging match is pretty sado
    Dont sell idiots copious amount of Alcohol , might help maybe ?

So, any chance of answering if he actually saw who did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

clever.:rolleyes:

yet another attempt @ thread spoiling.

I refer you to post #43.......... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67483088&postcount=43

Can you book them for weddings?

No, but if they dont stop vandalising my property, "Oi'm goin' te be rayyylly mad oi am.."

this thread is about slaggin culchies (or rural country dwellers as the OP so diplomatically defines said name...like there are no urban areas outside Dublin :rolleyes:)

leave me out - for the same reason i'll never start a thread for the sole purpose of ranting about Dubs...i dont have a chip on my shoulder, i dont resort to sterotypes and i'm educated enough to know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush just cause they're all congregating in the same area wearing the same coloured clothes.

OP...stop with the ranting, it's worn

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy

You do know that Dublin were playing the opening match yesterday right?

• Advertisement

Trouble only comes from those not living in the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North. You really are doing a great job at trolling the savages from down the sticks.

From which county were these GAA bog supporters from? The ones that were seen destroying Drumcondra last night.

toiletduck wrote: »
    So, any chance of answering if he actually saw who did it?

If he'd seen them doing it, they'd be in the Mater hospital on life support right now.
    I was down the road around 1am last night, and the only people out were either foreigners heading home (from work, presumably) or else drunk mongs in GAA shirts.
    Oddly enough, of the four times he's had his car trashed in the past year, every single time occurred on the Sunday night after a GAA match, never during the winter, never on a Saturday night when the area's packed with students.
    The odds are heavily stacked in favour of it being drunken GAA supporters.
    Speaking personally, the last time Kilkenny were up in Croker, I decided to leg it to the shops at half-time to be confronted by some pr!ck in the gold and black shirt taking his lad out for a slash in my front garden. I grabbed some scissors from the bookshelf and that seemed to discourage him.
    I never have to spend an hour clearing burgers, cans and sh!te (I mean that literally) from my garden after soccer games, rugby games or concerts. It's only ever after big GAA matches.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Trouble only comes from those not living in the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North. You really are doing a great job at trolling the savages from down the sticks.

The Nordies are rowdy too. You can hear the accents. I'm not suggesting any one county are angels.
    But they don't tend to be up in town when the cars are vandalised.

toiletduck wrote: »
    You do know that Dublin were playing the opening match yesterday right?

You wouldn't have known that if you were going through Drumcondra any time after six.
    Because. They. Go. Home. Afterwards.

The Nordies are rowdy too. You can hear the accents. I'm not suggesting any one county are angels.
    But they don't tend to be up in town when the cars are vandalised.

You must be a great help to the Gardaí as you are an eye witness to the destruction caused by the uncivillised savages on this island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

But they can't help being a bunch of inbred yokels, it's a chronic disease.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

BS from start to finish.

BS yeah? fairly pointed statement...maybe you could - in your infinite wisdom - explain which part i bull-s'hitted you about?

it's an 80,000 capacity stadium in the middle of the city of Dublin with pubs nearby (which are the areas i'm assuming you're refering to). as far as i'm concerned enough said. you cant paint a feckin zebra and call it a horse. you're gonna have an element in every crowd of 80k that's not so nice - but every crowd of that size will cause some element of trouble.

start a campaign to get the pubs closed and for the gaurds to make it policy to move people from the area - no use just using it as a reason to tar the millions of people from outside Dublin with the one brush ffs.

You wouldn't have known that if you were going through Drumcondra any time after six.
    Because. They. Go. Home. Afterwards.

lol. Its quite a turn up when Dubs go home early and quietly and country people are rowdy and stay out all night

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You must be a great help to the Gardaí as you are an eye witness to the destruction caused by the uncivillised savages on this island

Like they do anything. Like they're even there after matches!
    Last time I was coming home from work late, and a GAA match had been on, I witnessed one lad coldcock another in the middle of Drumcondra Road. He knocked the lad completely out. Cue plenty of squealing from girls in GAA tops. I sat in the car and called the plod. They took 15 minutes to arrive, I gave a statement, told them which way the culprit had ran in. They didn't even bother going to check. Instead, they just radioed the ambulance and fecked off again.
    The Gardai are only in the area for a few hours from before the game to when the traffic departs.

Right, so you don't actually know who did it. Good.

I'm not defending what happened. Whomever did it was a scumbag. Turning it into a "culchie" bashing thread is ridiculous though.

Funnily enough I have witnessed people from Dublin doing unsavoury things too. Does this mean that everyone from Dublin is an absolute scrote? Of course not. Cop on to yourself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement