Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Stylus SX515W High-Speed All-in-One Printer with Individual Inks and Wi-Fi €45

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I would have bought it if I was flush ,the printer I have at the moment is working ,the wifi is the only reason I contemplated buying it.

I never doubted the deal ,I went to tesco to get lunch products for the week and had a look while I was there.

Like other posters have said about half price deals ,I'd say the printer is on a half price deal at the 90 price and it's a mistake within the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Jus picked one up in Douglas, was at least 5 floating about when I left! None in Wilton btw. On the price, was advertised as both €140 down to €90 and €65 down to €45! Both A4 price-tags were literally beside each other with the same model advertised. :confused::confused: Dono what the story is but charging €45 anyway!!:):) Cheers OP, old printer broke month back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

For those of you who are interested in compatible inks, both Buytech.co.uk an Amazon.co.uk have great value in multipacks. I bought a 10X multipack of 40 cartridges from Buytech for £25.99 + p & p of £1.95. Ordered them last week. Note they will look for a postcode. I used IRE123 and it was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Word of warning. I have an epson dx8450 and it has never printed right since I used compatible cartridges. Still prints rubbish even if I use the epson cartridges. Am thinking of buying this and starting off with the compatible cartridges as someone suggested earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Does the wireless setup require you to install loads of crap onto each computer? Had a Lexmark with wifi before and had to stop using it due to the amount of bloatware..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Redisle wrote: »
    Does the wireless setup require you to install loads of crap onto each computer? Had a Lexmark with wifi before and had to stop using it due to the amount of bloatware..

I gave up on mine because of the amount of software that was installing (Win7), I use it via USB on Linux Mint (very simple setup) and Wifi from my Android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Picked up the epson SX515W printer in the Tesco's Roxboro S.C. Limerick. They had a few more available... as well as other models and a HP version.

Amazing price for an all in one with Wi-Fi.. Thanks a million OP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has anyone tried any of the city center ones ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Tusky wrote: »
    Has anyone tried any of the city center ones ?
    None in Jervis when i checked this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lansing

Anyone know if this printer is Windows 7 compatible? Does it mention it on the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

lansing wrote: »
    Anyone know if this printer is Windows 7 compatible? Does it mention it on the box?

Just checked the box there and it is compatible with windows 7

Jonathan wrote: »
    None in Jervis when i checked this morning.

Balls. Has anyone checked Roselawn in D15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lansing

Just checked the box there and it is compatible with windows 7

Thanks for that Kendragon!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Cheers OP! Picked one up earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thanks OP. I picked one up in Jervis St yesterday afternoon. I had been contemplating a new printer for some time and this was a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

thanks op i was trying to use my router as a print server for my 5 year old epson all-in-one but scanning would not work so i gave up , but then i checked bargain alerts and found this thread and now i have a wireless all-in-one that prints better and will print and scan from every pc or laptop in the house and best of all it uses the same inks that my old printer does of which i have a few multipacks still stored, as far as compatible inks go i use nothing else and the wife is a crafter who uses it for printing her cards and stuff and she says they are at least as good as the epson ones .
    also if you don't want your printheads to become clogged then all you have to do is just print stuff regularily, anything at all just once a day should stop your printer getting clogged.

anyway there were at least 10 or 15 of these in tesco navan yesterday and the price was marked on the shelf in bright yellow as a sale price of 44.99 yoyos so if it is a mistake then in navan they are trying to get rid of them quick before anyone cops it.

printer was easy to set up with no errors and operates quickly and efficiently.

thanks agAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrusty1973

Tks OP, picked one up in Ballinasloe today, marked €89.99 on shelf but is scanning at till for €44.99, still 2 remaining ...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

anybody see any in Dundrum/Nutgrove/Rathmines?
    thinking of heading out hunting for one tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

chazlan wrote: »
    Jus picked one up in Douglas, was at least 5 floating about when I left! None in Wilton btw. On the price, was advertised as both €140 down to €90 and €65 down to €45! Both A4 price-tags were literally beside each other with the same model advertised. :confused::confused: Dono what the story is but charging €45 anyway!!:):) Cheers OP, old printer broke month back!

The same thing in Claremorris, two prices displayed but scanning at the lower price. In Castlebar, just displaying the higher price, not sure how much it is scanning at. Cheers OP, great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

pumbah wrote: »
    anybody see any in Dundrum/Nutgrove/Rathmines?
    thinking of heading out hunting for one tonight...

Nothing in Dundrum/Nutgrove/Rathmines :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sis managed to get two in Tull, none on shelves, spotted staff member carrying one!
    Tks op

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

Thanks OP!
    Picked one up earlier in Douglas, Cork. Were 2 left in boxes and 1 unboxed on display when I got mine. Marked as 44.99.

Oh and for anyone using OS X 10.6, make sure you check for Apple updates after you install the driver. Wifi won't work without the update.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A relative picked one up for me in Cavan while they were at the Fleadh.

Clarehall said they should be getting more in tomorrow. Not sure if the price will be fixed then though.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that still has these ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

For those of you who are interested in compatible inks, both Buytech.co.uk an Amazon.co.uk have great value in multipacks. I bought a 10X multipack of 40 cartridges from Buytech for £25.99 + p & p of £1.95. Ordered them last week. Note they will look for a postcode. I used IRE123 and it was accepted.

thats a lot of ink, at 65 pence per cartridge its cheap, i wonder if they are any good?? either way its only a 14 pence saving on each single cartridge, when they are already so cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cormike

Epson printers are great when they are working. If you don't remove ink cartridges before you have replacements you should be fine. But if the printhead dries out... you can say goodbye to the printer

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Tusky wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that still has these ?

I was down in Celbridge and they had about 6-7 left on Sunday evening, but I haven't been down since then.. But maybe worth a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Went into Tesco Roxboro (Limerick) at 10.30am and there was 3 left. They scanned in as 89.99 and not €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

Was in Tesco Navan and they are back to €90. Dam missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Was in Tesco Navan and they are back to €90. Dam missed it.

scanning at 90?

Advertisement