Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bistro bianconi in sligo is the nicest pizza ever made.

carne amore - nom nom nom <drools>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Indian all the way

likewise, chinese and thai are rotten compared to a good indian. me and the rib are getting one later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I haven't had a take away from a chipper/food place in ages!! I did however buy some lovely Indian snacks in Dunnes the other day and they were mouth watering delicious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Eating one a day at the moment as thesis almost due and cooker is broken. It's crazy how you get sick of them really fast when you have to eat them. I'd love a nice homecooked meal. I've been alternating McDonalds, KFC, Subway, sushi and Wasabi, a Japanese place. Thing it's Japanese for me again today. Although I quite fancy a meatball sub now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Only on weeks like this, my bday on thursday so twas a chinese and then an all you can eat chinese the next day! :D yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

incidentally, does anyone know of a good indian all you can eat in dublin? the one beside jimmy chungs is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

You know, like a wurly bungo
    Nah i prefer a regular bungo myself! Batter bungos aren't bad.

Yeah indian might be nice alright.

Neither of these explain what a bungo is? A wurly bungo just confuses me even further :confused: I kind of want one now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I eat take away too often, too lazy to cook my own food :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Neither of these explain what a bungo is? A wurly bungo just confuses me even further :confused: I kind of want one now :pac:

You don't even know cheese bungos? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

irish-stew wrote: »
    'bistro bianconi' or '4 lights'

thread closed
    never been to biastro bianconi :o

4 lights (or 4 stitches on a thursday night :D) is waay better than all the other places though. chips don't have as much grease in them :eek:

don't really go for takeaways that often....usually only after going to the cinema

• Advertisement

You don't even know cheese bungos? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't even know cheese bungos :(

Sounds like a pop-star or game-show host

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You know, like a wurly bungo

No. I don't know. Is that something sold in Supermacs?
    I get Indian all the time, um last night was the last time. Mmmm soooo good.
    I've an easy recipe for a kick ass Madras if you want it. It's the one I used before I began making curries from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

whiteman19 wrote: »

4 lights (or 4 stitches on a thursday night :D) is waay better than all the other places though. chips don't have as much grease in them :eek:

don't really go for takeaways that often....usually only after going to the cinema

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

shame on you

;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wtf, get in there man. I love when they do a 2 for 1, heaven. Think it was mondays or something, can't remember.
    I don't even know cheese bungos :(

Sounds like a pop-star or game-show host
    Terry wrote: »
    No. I don't know. Is that something sold in Supermacs?

I've an easy recipe for a kick ass Madras if you want it. It's the one I used before I began making curries from scratch.
    I lolling too much a the confusion :pac:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943388&highlight=bungo
    There was alsoa thread on what's a wurly at the same time.

Is it hot? Can't do hot foods me.

All this talk is making me want to go back. What are the better indian takeaways in dublin anybody? I love Shan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

irish-stew wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

shame on you

;)
    wtf, get in there man. I love when they do a 2 for 1, heaven. Think it was mondays or something, can't remember.
    :o:o

i don't really go to sligo that much anymore. just seems boring since i went to galway for college.

besides, i don't really like pizza. :eek:

cue abuse for pizza comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

i am on a fecking diet and cant have anything they are the reason i am on this stupid diet.i used to go mcdonalds twice a week and a chinese twice a week.so here i am at 16 stone and eating ****ing grapes on a saturday night:mad:(and no drink)

Ah, I taught as much. Just wasn't sure if I was missing out on some strange delicacy. So disappointed!

:o:o

i don't really go to sligo that much anymore. just seems boring since i went to galway for college.

besides, i don't really like pizza. :eek:

cue abuse for pizza comment

I didn't like pizza til about 2 years ago, I understand. hated it. Now it's the best thing everrr. Apart from Indian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Eating one a day at the moment as thesis almost due and cooker is broken. It's crazy how you get sick of them really fast when you have to eat them. I'd love a nice homecooked meal. I've been alternating McDonalds, KFC, Subway, sushi and Wasabi, a Japanese place. Thing it's Japanese for me again today. Although I quite fancy a meatball sub now.

Found this on interrailling, Mickie D's for breakfast, lunch and dinner is hard going.

I especially hate in Europe the way they don't have they same colonel's recipe chicken in KFC........and no gravy :O

Is it hot? Can't do hot foods me.

I get it now.
    Also, my lodger calls it Terry's three spoonful curry, as in he can't eat more than three spoonfuls without having to wait 5 minutes before eating more.
    It may be too hot for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Terry wrote: »
    I get it now.
    Also, my lodger calls it Terry's three spoonful curry, as in he can't eat more than three spoonfuls without having to wait 5 minutes before eating more.
    It may be too hot for you. :)

That sounds like one seriously awesome curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

It's always been a Friday night thing for me, but I'd probably have it maybe once or twice a month.
    I'm not too impressed with the local pizza places around here, but the Chinese ones are rather good. And at least with Chinese, I don't feel like such a greedy pig afterwards. :) The local Indian is great, but it is way too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I'm staaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrving now :mad:

That sounds like one seriously awesome curry.
    It is.
    Quick recipe (because the one from scratch requires a spice mill and herbs and spices)
    Fry half a finely chopped onion in a tablespoon of either sunflower or vegetable oil until it is almost caramelised. Set aside.
    Slice up a few chicken breasts and brown both sides in ether vegetable or sunflower oil. Use paper towels to remove the excess oil.
    Add in three tablespoons of Sharwoods madras curry paste and the onions. Fry for 5 to 10 minutes on a low heat.
    After that, add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree and (depending on how much chicken you have used and how thin or thick you like your curry) between 150 and 350 ml of water.
    Simmer for about 10 minutes. During this, take another slice of onion, chop it finely and add to the mix.
    Serve garnished with fresh coriander and wholegrain or white rice, or chips depending on your own preferences. I prefer the wholegrain rice myself.

Enough there for two or three people.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Chicken curry diced, fried rice, chips
    oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

if i'm completely honest.....i would have one every night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Is 'the rib' a new Dublin nickname for the girlfriend?

If so, i like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

Discovering just-eat.ie was a major factor in me becoming a fast food addict. I hate cooking. I love takeaways. I love kebabs. I love pizzas. I love chineseses. I hate getting off the couch to walk down to collect them.

They're making me fat though. Although Im still thin, the belly has begun to rounden. So Im off to tesco to buy some healthy food now. I might buy some random veg, tin of tomatoes, chicken, pasta and throw it all together and hope for the best. I'm starving after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Order a massive Chinese, eat half of it. An hour later eat the rest of it cold. Savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ill see your cold chinese and raise you a potato pie supper.

Eat the chips and one of the pies. Leave the other pie there for an hour. They're savage cold.

Advertisement