Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway

Options
  • 14-08-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

How often do you have a big takeaway like fish n chips, bungo n chips, chinese, indian, thai etc etc.:)

I usually have a jumbo pig out on saturday so im quite excited (yeah in a sexual way) at the prospect of tearing into a curry or something today. So many choices???:)

What will you get? you mumble almost incoherently struggling to talk through the inflatable gimp mask. I don't know. Decisions decisions.:)

Any suggestions?:)

screaming sounds in my head always
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Indian all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I used to get a take away once a week, and rotate it between chinese, pizza and chipper.

Can't afford to do that these days, so maybe once a month now. And it's usually a last minute decision on what to get.

Oh,get a chinese. Yum. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I usually have a jumbo pig out on saturday

Enough about your missus....... tell me about the takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bungo?

I'd have a McDonald's about 3 or 4 times a year. I prefer my own cooking to that of take aways. Nothing like a nice curry made from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

you cant beat a bit of the auld tiddly wink of a saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

mikom wrote: »
    tell me about the takeaway.

Nice place down the road. Yur ma flips burgers down there sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

How often do you have a big takeaway like... chinese...
    Shakes fist at fonecrusher1! :mad: Now you have me hungry for Chinese take-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Italian all the way! Love Bistro Bianconi ... yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Italian all the way! Love Bistro Bianconi ... yum!

you bástard!!!

I'm in korea and I often get a craving for their pizzas and their chocolate fudge cake!!

They have loads of pizza places here, but i'm not a fan of the ****ty crap dominos or pizza hut throws out at you.

The one in Sligo by the way...never been to the one in Dublin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My answer is the same as it was the last time this thread appeared, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

My answer is the same as it was the last time this thread appeared, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that.

So whats the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Right, I'm off for a takeaway. Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

And now we know how starbelgrade has so many post points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

what the fuck is bungo and chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

not really a take away person unless its a hangover day then its garlic cheasy chips and a can of coke..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Have it around once a week. Prefer home cooking though.

jaysus you must spend a lot of time on boards if you've seen this sort of thread that many times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Love a chinese take away every now & then, never understood why people get dominos, four star etc take aways, as pizzas they are quite basic and a complete rip off, much easier just to pre heat an oven and throw a pizza on,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I get takeaway four times a week, sometimes more. I'm not fat but should seriously take a good look at myself.

yoyo wrote: »
    Love a chinese take away every now & then, never understood why people get dominos, four star etc take aways, as pizzas they are quite basic and a complete rip off, much easier just to pre heat an oven and throw a pizza on,

Nick

Yeah i used to be into the whole getting a pizza delivered lark but now i would never spend that much money on a bit of cooked dough with a euros worth of toppings on it.
    And anyway there are pizzas you can buy from tescos that aren't that far behind the likes of 4 star & dominos. 13/14 euros for a 12 inch pizza? - nah don't think so.
    Italian? Nah its always just pasta with a tomatoe based sause really isn't it?

Chinese is looking like a dead cert for my din dins. Although a bungo & chips is still in with a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I went crazy two weeks ago and got chips & cheese everday for four days. That was great.

Other than that I might have one every two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I'd get a chinese once a month/every second or third month. I really don't do take out that much, only really happens when we're too lazy to do the shopping and fill the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

every couple of months. Indian ftfw tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Chicken kebab and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Haven't had a takeaway in ages... I would love a nice Indian though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Terry wrote: »
    Bungo?

I'd have a McDonald's about 3 or 4 times a year. I prefer my own cooking to that of take aways. Nothing like a nice curry made from scratch.
    longshanks wrote: »
    what the fuck is bungo and chips?

You know, like a wurly bungo

I get Indian all the time, um last night was the last time. Mmmm soooo good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

'bistro bianconi' or '4 lights'

thread closed

You know, like a wurly bungo

Nah i prefer a regular bungo myself! Batter bungos aren't bad.

Yeah indian might be nice alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

irish-stew wrote: »
    'bistro biaconi' or '4 lights'

thread closed

Bistro bianconi in sligo is the nicest pizza ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

mmm nice chicken curry, chips and fried rice on a friday or saturday :p nom nom, well done you've made me hungry :rolleyes:

Advertisement