Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabout lanes (response from the RSA!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

While I understand the principle of the RSA's reply to OP, everything balances on the assumption that you know relatively the angle (O clock position) of the exit you wish to take, ie. are familiar with layout. I have on numerous occasions been in unfamiliar territory, on middle or right hand lanes, and had the round about sign obscured by a van or lorry, leading me to be in wrong lanes, and sometimes having to circle around the roundabout to re align myself.

On the RSA video
    http://vimeo.com/8553732
    It states that road markings override any convention/regular practice for that particular roundabout.
    Again, when traffic is bumper to bumper, and you are not actively looking for road markings, you will all too easily find yourself in the wrong lane again.

So to sum up, every roundabout is different - every man for himself.

Don't get me started on 3 lane roundabouts !!!
    I guess my gripe is about the poor signage in this country.
    I think I'll stick to walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

If in doubt get into the right hand lane and go around again :P

I was always thought that the first car on the roundabout had right of way no matter what lane they were in ????
    I'm not sure on this so I only give way, never take it :O

EDIT Sorry Old thread, meant to post in the new one

Advertisement