Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'prof's winners and losers

Options
  • 13-08-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of shiny new logs going up at the moment. I think I'll get in on the action. Hopefully I'll stick with this one and actually start making some money.

As well as my other selections, I've been toying with the idea of doing a weeklyish accum with 2 selections from each league and also doing the doubles from each league. For the moment I'll just select the top 2 from each league last season. After some games have been played, I'll probably select them based on their form. Maybe it should be kept separate, but one log is hard enough! Here's a list of my initial selections anyway:

Accum Teams:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Barcelona
    4. Real Madrid
    5. Marseille
    6. Lyon
    7. Bayern
    8. Shalke
    9. Inter
    10. Roma
    11. Benfica
    12. Braga
    13. Twente
    14. Ajax

I don't believe in posting a bank figure, so it'll just be P/L and probably ROI. I think I'll rob x PyRo's points system and formatting (kind of) as Archimedes has done, I'm sure he won't mind...will you? In using PyRo's point system, each bet will be capped at 12.5% of my bank at the beginning of that day. This is mainly so that I don't get carried away.

Anyway, enough of the chit-chat and more of the selections.

1pt:
    Ajax v Vitesse Arnhem
    FC Twente v Heerenveen
    Sporting Braga v Portimonense
    Benfica v Academica
    VfR Aalen v Schalke 04
    TSV Germania Windeck v Bayern Munich
    Caen v Lyon
    Valenciennes v Marseille
    Man Utd v Newcastle
    Chelsea v West Brom
    @ 17.04

3pts:
    Ajax v Vitesse Arnhem
    FC Twente v Heerenveen
    @ 1.75

Both Ajax and Twente stuttered in their first game, but I feel this is the perfect opportunity for both teams to record their first wins. They both picked up 6 points against their opponents last season and should have too much.

3pts:
    Sporting Braga v Portimonense
    Benfica v Academica
    @ 1.64

I can't Benfica having any problems against Academica. They were too good for them last season and should prove to be again here. Braga did well last season and after knocking Celtic out of the Champions League, they should be in prime position to dispatch newly promoted Portimonense.

5pts:
    VfR Aalen v Schalke 04
    TSV Germania Windeck v Bayern Munich
    @ 1.17

Bayern and Schalke really should have too much for their lower league cup opposition.

1pt:
    Caen v Lyon
    Valenciennes v Marseille
    @ 1.17

To be perfectly honest, I'm never confident when backing French teams and both teams stuttered in their opening games and are both playing away from home. This is definitely my smallest double. Maybe I shouldn't be backing this at all, but I said I would :p

5pts:
    Man Utd v Newcastle
    Chelsea v West Brom
    @ 1.17

I don't think much needs to be said here, 1st and 2nd play two newly promoted teams at home. This should be very straightforward. Famous last words?

That's all for now :D

In Play 18pts

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Good stuff man, best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    Good stuff man, best of luck. :)

Had a feeling you'd be first in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

25c on that accum. . new to this betting and don't want to risk too much

LakesKeane wrote: »
    25c on that accum. . new to this betting and don't want to risk too much

I haven't risked too much on it either. I'm most worried about the two French teams, the rest should be fine though.

Sporting Braga 3-1 Portimonense

Wooo, 1 down...9 to go :p

• Advertisement

Tottenham v Man City

2pts Card Index: 45 points or more @ 2.2

I think this will be a fiery game given that Spurs pipped City to 4th last season and with (potentially) a few new signings playing a part and trying to impress, as well as some tough tacklers, I think this is a good bet. I wanted to back Y.Toure and whoever City play at left back tomorrow to be booked, but with no guarantees of their first 11, I'll stick with this bet.

12pts* Wigan Athletic v Blackpool @ 1.8

I'm always apprehensive about backing against newly promoted teams as there's always one who starts off really well, but I think the fact that Wigan have almost a full squad to pick from and Blackpool have made 6 signings in the last few days is significant enough to point to a Wigan win. *This was meant to be a 3pt selection, but I'm tired and got confused with my stake...better not let me down now!

3pts Doncaster v Bristol City @ 1.9

Doncaster did well against Bristol last season. That combined with last weeks results and Doncaster having home advantage, they should take all 3 points.

2pts Brighton v Rochdale @ 1.62

Getting sleepy. Home advantage should be enough to see Poyet's men past newly promoted Rochdale.

2pts Huddersfield v Tranmere @ 1.44

No more reasoning tonight. PyRo, this is much tougher than it looks!

I'm also hoping to back Chelsea to win to no score, but the market doesn't seem to be up on PP at the moment at least. It'll either be 3pts on that or 5pts on at least one team to fail to score.

In Play 39pts

L'prof wrote: »
    Tottenham v Man City

2pts Card Index: 45 points or more @ 2.2

I think this will be a fiery game given that Spurs pipped City to 4th last season and with (potentially) a few new signings playing a part and trying to impress, as well as some tough tacklers, I think this is a good bet. I wanted to back Y.Toure and whoever City play at left back tomorrow to be booked, but with no guarantees of their first 11, I'll stick with this bet.

No joy there anyway, only two yellows.

Chelsea v West Brom

5pts Both Teams To Score: No @ 1.57

I really expect Chelsea to keep a clean sheet here, so I've gone for 5pts on this instead of 3pts on them to win to nil as I think there's more value in this...1-0 to The Baggies an I still win :rolleyes:

Staked: 44pts | In Play: 42pts | Returned: 0pts | Profit: -2pts | Strike Rate: 0.00% | ROI -100.00%

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No more reasoning tonight. PyRo, this is much tougher than it looks!

Sure is, gets boring writing stuff too. :pac:

12pts* Wigan Athletic v Blackpool @ 1.8
    *This was meant to be a 3pt selection, but I'm tired and got confused with my stake...better not let me down now!

3pts Doncaster v Bristol City @ 1.9

2pts Brighton v Rochdale @ 1.62

2pts Huddersfield v Tranmere @ 1.44

What a horrible waste of time so far!!! I'm especially annoyed about that Wigan game. Getting the result wrong is bad enough, but along with unintentionally staking the wrong amount!!! :mad:

Staked: 44pts | In Play: 23pts | Returned: 0pts | Profit: -21pts | Strike Rate: 0.00% | ROI -100.00%

Chelsea 2-0 West Brom (HT)

5pts Team To Score the Third Goal: Chelsea @ 1.34

3pts Chelsea (-3.0) @ 2.31

Chelsea are looking very comfortable out there and I'd be very surprised if they didn't bag at least a couple more goals.

Staked: 52pts | In Play: 31pts | Returned: 0pts | Profit: -21pts | Strike Rate: 0.00% | ROI -100.00%

• Advertisement

Chelsea v West Brom

5pts Both Teams To Score: No @ 1.57
    Chelsea 2-0 West Brom (HT)

5pts Team To Score the Third Goal: Chelsea @ 1.34

3pts Chelsea (-3.0) @ 2.31

Finally some winners!

Staked: 52pts | In Play: 18pts | Returned: 21.44pts | Profit: -12.56pts | Strike Rate: 37.50% | ROI -36.94%

1pt
    Arles v Lens
    First Goalscorer: Toifilou Maoulida (live)
    Rosario Central v San Martin De San Juan
    Ponte Preta v Duque de Caxias
    Alianza Lima v Club Sportivo Cienciano
    Sevilla v Barcelona
    Coritiba v Bahia
    @ 87.64

Just a fun bet here really.

Staked: 53pts | In Play: 19pts | Returned: 21.44pts | Profit: -12.56pts | Strike Rate: 37.50% | ROI -36.94%

Viktoria Zizkov 2-0 Slovan Varnsdorf (86mins)

3pts Correct Score: Viktoria Zizkov 2-0 @ 1.23

1pt
    Kyoto Purple Sanga 0-0 Cerezo Osaka (72mins)
    Correct Score: Draw 0-0
    Omiya Ardija 0-0 Jubilo Iwata (76mins)
    Correct Score: Draw 0-0
    @ 2.6

Excelsior Rotterdam 2-2 Feyenoord (81mins)

3pts Correct Score: Draw 2-2 @ 1.57

Tipperary 1-07:0-06 Waterford

5pts Tipperary Over (25.5) @ 1.91

2pts each on Gerrard, Arshavin & Chamakh anytime.

Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal (47mins)

3pts Arsenal And Draw @ 1.9

Man Utd v Newcastle

3pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.57

3pts To Win to Nil: Man Utd @ 1.80

3pts Anytime Goalscorer: Nani @ 3.00

Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle (HT)

3pts Team To Score the Third Goal: Man Utd @ 1.36

3pts Man Utd (-3.0) @ 2.50

3pts Over 3.5 Goals @ 1.66

I've been pretty bust the last week or so and haven't put any bets on at all. Back to it for the weekend, I'll update my previous bets when I get a chance. Putting these bets on from my phone is torture, must get a new one.

1pt Chelsea, Man Utd, Marseille, Lyon ,Bayern ,Shalke ,Benfica, Braga, Twente, Ajax @ 90.81

3pts Bayern ,Shalke @ 4.51

• Advertisement

Work at this hour should be outlawed!!!

3pts Man Utd, Chelsea @ 2.08

3pts Lyon, Marseille @ 2.09

3pts Sporting Braga, Benfica @ 2.72

3pts Ajax, FC Twente @ 1.84

Arsenal v Blackpool

12pts Arsenal (-2.0) @ 2.20

12pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.36

Both these bets were 3 points, but because it's so early I fúcked them up and now they're 12 pointers...again!

3pts Everton, Chelsea (-2.0), QPR @ 6.51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Work at this hour should be outlawed!!!

3pts Man Utd, Chelsea @ 2.08

3pts Lyon, Marseille @ 2.09

3pts Sporting Braga, Benfica @ 2.72

3pts Ajax, FC Twente @ 1.84

Arsenal v Blackpool

12pts Arsenal (-2.0) @ 2.20

12pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.36

Both these bets were 3 points, but because it's so early I fúcked them up and now they're 12 pointers...again!

3pts Everton, Chelsea (-2.0), QPR @ 6.51
    i am a bit confused, how do you keep doing 12 pointers, haha, might follow a few of these though mate!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    i am a bit confused, how do you keep doing 12 pointers, haha

Believe me, so am I! I just keep forgetting that I'm working to a points system instead of betting my usual stake. In time, if I build my bank up enough, it'll work out that I mistakenly put less on than I intended, which is easy to fix.

Believe me, so am I! I just keep forgetting that I'm working to a points system instead of betting my usual stake. In time, if I build my bank up enough, it'll work out that I mistakenly put less on than I intended, which is easy to fix.
    Ahhh, i get ya now, easy happen i suppose!

Might be worth a note for yer auld bets, that villa are 2.5 on PP to beat newcastle :cool:

Ahhh, i get ya now, easy happen i suppose!

Might be worth a note for yer auld bets, that villa are 2.5 on PP to beat newcastle :cool:

Villa were very good last the weekend. If I wasn't in such a rush this morning, I'm sure I would have included them somewhere. Still plenty of time.

Villa were very good last the weekend. If I wasn't in such a rush this morning, I'm sure I would have included them somewhere. Still plenty of time.
    Yeah, im liking the odds on a chelsea manu double though, might be worth a splash.

Hope arsenal win 3-0, your 12 pointers will look like a stroke of genius :D

Yeah, im liking the odds on a chelsea manu double though, might be worth a splash.

Hope arsenal win 3-0, your 12 pointers will look like a stroke of genius :D

Haha, yeah but funnily enough, my "12 pointer" from last week (which lost miserably) was also against Blackpool.

Just a fun bet here, both teams losing.

1pt Derby DNB (38mins), Leeds DNB (23mins) @ 22.5

Ridiculous bet of the day:

1pt R Keane, N Kalinic, K Davies, T Cahill, D Drogba, M Chamakh, D Bent all to score first @ 218295.0

• Advertisement

3pts Cardiff, Bellamy @ 3.0

Advertisement