Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:50am
    Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭

Just going to post up my bets for each day on the aul' horses and see how they go. Have a decent record over the last 9 months so hopefully it'll continue.

Constructive criticism welcome. :D But don't want to be told what to do with my money!, it's all for fun not to make millions.

Usually back 6 or 7 horses a day, may be a bit much but it's only decent stakes nothing crazy.

I usually back horses running on the AW tracks and in Handicaps.

Here's todays tips/picks, whatever you want to call them.

Wolverhampton

1:30 - Kheley @ 7/2 - 2pts

Off same mark as when coming 2nd in last race, 4 time winner in '09 and 3 of those were over polytrack, should be there or there abouts.

2:30 - Nabrina @ 20/1 e/w - .5pts e/w

First try at 7f and on polytrack could be in with an e/w shout at 20/1.

3:30 - Divine Force @ 9/4 - NAP! 5pts.

Should win this, off same mark as when 3rd at Lingfield in a race he should of won. Will be in the mix here for sure.

4:00 - Kickahead @ 11/4 - 4pts.

Hasn't been great on the flat yet, but going off a nice mark and could have a chance.

4:30 - Grey Command @ 4/1 - 2pts.

Showed promise over his first run on polytrack when coming second over C&D last time out and could go close this time. :fingcross:

Kempton

3:15 - Shanafarahan @ 9/1 e/w 1.5pts e/w

Got a hat-trick up on AW last spring but has struggled since. Now only 1 lb above last winning mark, and came 5th last month and may be coming back to a bit of form, should be nicely priced and worth an e/w shout.

3:45 - Ardmaddy @ 14/1 e/w .5pts e/w

Another one for small e/w stakes. Has no problems with the surface but is an awkward sort of horse that needs to be delivered late and right on the line, worth a little bit at nice odds.

4:15 - Marjolly 8/1 e/w 1pt e/w

Going to give him another go despite being 3rd to The Love Guru when he was favourite in his last run, should be a nicer price today and worth a shot.

5:15 - Guildenstern @ 7/1 e/w - NB! - 2.5 pts e/w

Won twice on AW this time last year and now 6lbs less than last winning mark, also up in trip which may suit and could be a contender here hopefully.

Starting Bank - 100pts

In Play - 24pts

New Bank - 76pts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good luck. I like threads like this :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers Mike. :)

My NAP won nicely and the others that have run haven't done too well so far.

Still 2 more to run after Marjolly who's running at the moment and was well backed into 11/2.

Will update the stats and pick less donkeys for tomorrow :D.

Marjolly wins, had 8/1. :D Decent start to the thread.

Grey Command just won at 9/2. :D

x PyRo wrote: »
    Wolverhampton

1:30 - Kheley @ 7/2 - 2pts - 2nd :(

2:30 - Nabrina @ 20/1 e/w - .5pts e/w - 8th :( Donkey!

3:30 - Divine Force @ 9/4 - NAP! 5pts. - 1st :D+ 16.25pts.

4:00 - Kickahead @ 11/4 - 4pts. - 5th :( Will win soon.

4:30 - Grey Command @ 4/1 - 2pts. 1st @ 9/2 :D+ 11pts

Kempton

3:15 - Shanafarahan @ 9/1 e/w 1.5pts e/w Non Runner - 3pts back to bank

3:45 - Ardmaddy @ 14/1 e/w .5pts e/w - 6th Was also Hugh Taylors tip, will win at a nice price soon.

4:15 - Marjolly 8/1 e/w 1pt e/w - 1st :D Well gambled into 11/2, thank God for early prices :D. + 12pts

5:15 - Guildenstern @ 7/1 e/w - NB! - 2.5 pts e/w - 4th. :( Will also win soon at a nice price i reckon, one for the tracker.

Old bank - 76pts

Todays Results - +42.25pts

New Bank - 118.25pts

Good first day anyway with a nice profit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Overall nice tips and nice profit.
    I may rob a few of these tips in the future :D

Doocey wrote: »
    Overall nice tips and nice profit.
    I may rob a few of these tips in the future :D

Would of been nicer if i quit being tempted by high priced donkeys!. :D

Cheers man, always nice to get off to a good start anyways, and hopefully it'll continue for a while.

Next lot of tips will be up soon.

I'm a newbie but trying to get in on horse racing.
    What ya think of Tartatartufata for the 12.50 Southwell? :)

Day 2

1:35 Lingfield - Best One - 1pt. - 5/1

Speedy sort and should be there or thereabouts tomorrow. Ended 2009 in good form, has won over course and distance before and gets the nod over a couple of others, not worth going mad on, will only be small stakes.

2:35 Lingfield - D'Uberville - 3pts. - 6/1

Failed when favourite last time out (I like backing favourites that failed lto.), up in trip this time which may suit and this won't take much winning. Will be in the mix. One of my best bets for the day.

3:05 Lingfield - Contented - .5pts e/w - 20/1

Has won twice over higher marks in 2008 and is forecasted at 28/1. Seems to be short of fitness after missing the whole of 2009 but going to take a chance on him with very small e/w stakes.

4:05 Lingfield - The Geester - 2pt - 5/1

Decent Handicapper but has only won on fibresand but has looked in good knick after a move to a new stable, was 3rd over C&D last time out and has at least place claims again at forecast odds of 8/1.

Southwell bets to come later, just need to go over the form and look at a few videos before deciding. All the best if you're having a shot on any of them.

I'm a newbie but trying to get in on horse racing.
    What ya think of Tartatartufata for the 12.50 Southwell? :)

I was a newbie too just over 9 months ago so i know how it feels!.

She'll be there or thereabouts imo, has won 3 times at this course and over this distance and is a good front runner. Only problem is she hasn't won in 2 years but is due a win soon hopefully. She's not in the strongest of races tomorrow either and i'd give her the nod over any of the rest in that race.

Worth a small shot mate in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Good luck to you too, you seem to know your stuff anyway... mite have a look at some of your tips, i plan on doing some racing bets tomorrow

Cheers.
    I've put 50c on EW on her just for the craic.
    Any recommended place to go to get into horse racing? (Beisdes the tracks) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

x PyRo regarding the Southwell picks, it'll deffo be running on the slow side as they have harrowed deep due to the weather so picking prominant stayers over a slightly longer distance than any given race could be wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

mike65 wrote: »
    x PyRo regarding the Southwell picks, it'll deffo be running on the slow side as they have harrowed deep due to the weather so picking prominant stayers over a slightly longer distance than any given race could be wise.
    hmmm i'd presume this will heighten the draw bias??

mike65 wrote: »

Yeah been having a look at these last night. Will have a few selection up later.

Southwell

12:50 - Tartatartufata - 1pt - 10/3

She'll be there or thereabouts imo, has won 3 times at this course and over this distance and is a good front runner. Only problem is she hasn't won in 2 years but is due a win soon hopefully. Her best chance in a long time to win a race.

1:20 - Jackie Kiely - 1pt - 3/1

Only horse with course and distance form, and she's won 8 times at the course and 6 times over C&D, was only beaten by a neck last time and only risen 3lbs so she should be a contender.

1:50 - Spring Breeze - 3pts - 9/2 - NAP.

Another previously beaten favourite in his last race and gets the nod over another few possible contenders here, handles fibresand and is in with a good chance with headgear back on.

2:50 - Megalo Maniac - 1pts - 6/1

Acts on the surface and back to his last winning mark, also has visor back on so should be in with a shout here.

3:50 - Hypnotic Gaze - .5pts e/w - 12/1

Another previously beaten favourite but has looked to be improving in recent months. Certainly has place claims.

All the best today lads.

Additional Bet & one of the best for the day hopefully.

3:35 Lingfield - Capricornus - 4pts. - 2/1

Well-bred type and hard to fault him so far, stepping up on debut effort when clear-cut winner of 7f maiden at Wolverhampton in December. Surely more to come from him now sent handicapping.

Bad day so far. Spring Breeze beaten into 2nd. :(

18pts staked so far today, no winners so far with 4 left to run (and win :D). Fingers crossed.

Bank at the moment - 98 pts

*Bank Includes next horse.

Bet for the 3:20 Southwell.

Dream Win @ 9/4 - 2.25pts.

Failed favourite last time out, in with a shout this time and should run close.

EDIT : Useless, favourite won by a mile.

• Advertisement

Additional Bet & one of the best for the day hopefully.

3:35 Lingfield - Capricornus - 4pts. - 2/1

Well-bred type and hard to fault him so far, stepping up on debut effort when clear-cut winner of 7f maiden at Wolverhampton in December. Surely more to come from him now sent handicapping.

Came second, shocking ride, absolutely shocking.

Hey Pyro,
    I see Tartatartufata didn't come off for either of us but I think I'm kind of getting into this horse betting craic.
    Studied the form of this fella and had a punt on him :) (Albeit a very small punt)

2usvm9j.jpg

Only have 20c on him, but testing out first. If I get half decent I'll put some real money on :)

Good man :D Would of backed him but didn't think he'd win his 2nd race in a row :(

Was a bad day for me.

The Geester was 1st in a Dead Heat there @ 7/1 so the bank goes up 8 pts.

New Bank - 106 pts.

Loss for the day - 12.25 pts.

:(

Good man :D Would of backed him but didn't think he'd win his 2nd race in a row :(

Was a bad day for me.

The Geester was 1st in a Dead Heat there @ 7/1 so the bank goes up 8 pts.

New Bank - 106 pts.

Loss for the day - 12.25 pts.

:(

Still doing very well though you are.
    I backed him even after his latest win because I thought he'd have one more 1st place in him, although I suppose I really didn't have a clue.!

Most horse punters say they're up in healthy 'points'
    Is the points just another term for money really and their profit yeah? :)

Cheers dude, you'll get the grasp of it soon enough. Lots of people that know their racing in the link in my sig.

Points is a term for money pretty much, a point can be €1,€5,€10,€100 whatever you want to constitute it as. Just saves you telling people what you're stakes are.

I do a 1-5 points scale. 5 is obviously my top fancy. Will break the 5 though if i fancy it alot or have word for it.

Will have some nice bets tomorrow with Kempton,Lingfield and Southwell all on. :)

Cheers dude, you'll get the grasp of it soon enough. Lots of people that know their racing in the link in my sig.

Points is a term for money pretty much, a point can be €1,€5,€10,€100 whatever you want to constitute it as. Just saves you telling people what you're stakes are.

I do a 1-5 points scale. 5 is obviously my top fancy. Will break the 5 though if i fancy it alot or have word for it.

Will have some nice bets tomorrow with Kempton,Lingfield and Southwell all on. :)

Thought so.
    Will look forward to your tips tomorrow and might even chance my luck again at Southwell :D
    Dooce.

Wouldn't be looking forward to them after todays Donkeys :D

My 3 top tips came 2nd,2nd and 3rd. :(

And my 4th highest won but was a dead heat so got half of the odds of 7/1 so got 7/2. Which has kept my in profit. :)

Wouldn't be looking forward to them after todays Donkeys :D

My 3 top tips came 2nd,2nd and 3rd. :(

And my 4th highest won but was a dead heat so got half of the odds of 7/1 so got 7/2. Which has kept my in profit. :)

Ara E/W will do me fine :D

A new day a new dawn for tomorrow :)

Ara E/W will do me fine :D

A new day a new dawn for tomorrow :)

I didn't go each way on them though :( Will tomorrow though!.

• Advertisement

What ya thinking for 4.15 Kempton?
    Ride A White Swan is the only one that sticks out for me.

Any ideas? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement