Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for anyone trying to get into a job in forex trading?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ton22

Thanks for that, I'll certainly look into it. No mono, not from a trading background but I'm very keen to get stuck into a bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

i'm new to this trading stuff.
    I love buying and selling and i want to be a trader.

As from next week i will be studying finance and economics along accounting at maynooth college.

so i'm hoping that trading and stock exchange subjects will be covered.

I'm into business and I'm good at networking, and I've no problems using at internet anytime.

I can use my bank account and PayPal swiftly and easily.
    Any more tips.

Am really excited about this.

In january i want to start trading on avafx.com

As a added bonus my dad was a stock broker but we don't talk much and my bro is a programmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Hey there, I have an interest in entering the finance sector, possibly as a quant or a trader (or something else, if you could advise me given the specs below).

I'm in second year in UCD studying Physics and Applied & Computational Mathematics. My LC wasn't amazing (I got 470) but I was wondering if this would be much of a draw back getting into this industry.

I've been looking at the Quantitative Finance MSc in UCD Smurfit and if I get a good enough degree I'll definitely be applying. My GPA at the minute is about average (~3.23).

What advise would you give me in getting into this sector?

Advertisement