Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible Dog Walking - Harness or Head Collar?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah Adser, thats what i mean. They cannot be bought in any shops over here, only online.
    That lady Niko, must be buying them in bulk from the supplier and selling them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

nikobyrne wrote: »
    hi there, i am actually attending dog classes with my dog, and he has learned a lot but he is still pulling regardless of what he has learned so far! He will pull for the first ten minutes of the walk and then calm down but just gets very excited when he sees other dogs or people! Thanks for the advice.

Good stuff!

A well trained dog will be able to accompany you without the need for restraint. That is what you should be aiming for, and it is great to read you are taking a responsible attitude to ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Good stuff!

A well trained dog will be able to accompany you without the need for restraint. That is what you should be aiming for (though obviously because of the law applied to your breed it is required to be leashed and muzzled in public), and it is great to read you are taking a responsible attitude to ownership.

Eh, no it doesnt??:confused: Huskies arent on the restricted breeds list.
    Please be very careful about posting incorrect information about Laws if you arent sure, as this could confuse people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

Good stuff!

A well trained dog will be able to accompany you without the need for restraint. That is what you should be aiming for (though obviously because of the law applied to your breed it is required to be leashed and muzzled in public), and it is great to read you are taking a responsible attitude to ownership.
    I think you need to check that again, huskies do not have to be muzzled, clearly i would have him on a leash as regardless what breed you have, all dogs should be on a leash! And im sure he will achieve the "well trained dog" as he progresses in his class but since he has only started a month ago, he still is only learning and he is still very young, but im sure with patience and a dogmatic, we will both get there!

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah Adser, thats what i mean. They cannot be bought in any shops over here, only online.
    That lady Niko, must be buying them in bulk from the supplier and selling them on.
    Thanks andrea and adser, thats most likely what she is doing, as i have checked and i couldnt get them anywhere, i just noticed her web page on tails and trails so im just happy i could get one anyway:D thanks xx carrie

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, no it doesnt??:confused: Huskies arent on the restricted breeds list.
    Please be very careful about posting incorrect information about Laws if you arent sure, as this could confuse people.

Sorry, I had been addressing to the OP and thought it was the OP who'd replied.

I think you need to check that again, huskies do not have to be muzzled, clearly i would have him on a leash as regardless what breed you have, all dogs should be on a leash! And im sure he will achieve the "well trained dog" as he progresses in his class but since he has only started a month ago, he still is only learning and he is still very young, but im sure with patience and a dogmatic, we will both get there!

Sorry Niko, but when I posted to the OP you replied
    hi there, i am actually attending dog classes with my dog, and he has learned a lot but he is still pulling regardless of what he has learned so far! He will pull for the first ten minutes of the walk and then calm down but just gets very excited when he sees other dogs or people! Thanks for the advice.

so naturally I thought you were the OP. I will amend my previous post, but I expect you can see how the confusion arose

Sorry Niko, but when I posted to the OP you replied

so naturally I thought you were the OP. I will amend my previous post, but I expect you can see how the confusion arose
    oh god now im totally confused lol but once we cleared it up that huskies are not on the restricted breed list, all is good!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

While we're clearing things up, we don't have a dangerous breeds list, we've restricted breeds :D that wording is v.important to us RB owners

adser53 wrote: »
    While we're clearing things up, we don't have a dangerous breeds list, we've restricted breeds :D that wording is v.important to us RB owners
    :eek: sorry adser and i have amended it, didnt mean to insult anyone:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement