Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing Pyjamas in public so wrong...

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I was in Newbridge on Sat night and spotted a girl getting out of her car wearing pink pinstripe pjs, why oh why would anyone do that?! :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ohh, but it feels so right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It should be against the law. Get fcuking dressed properly ya lazy fcuk!

In saying that,i've heard people actually have different pj's for wearing out and for going to bed. Which makes it even more stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Double standards because as soon as I go out in what I wear in bed I get done for indecent exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

String them all up etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Saw two shams in Swords over the weekend fully kitted out in their pj's. Its disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It seems to me that some of them actually get dressed up in their pj's to go out.....wtf!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pyjama zombies should be next on the list for ethnic cleansing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I think it is actually some form of zombydom.
    Fortunately it's mainly contained to the north side of Dublin and the scummier areas of other cities around the country.
    Kiera wrote: »
    Saw two shams in Swords over the weekend fully kitted out in their pj's. Its disgusting!

*Ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Every time I see them, which is quite often, I can hear The Mammy: "What are you doing? You look like Moll Feck! Get dressed, in the name of god. You look like nobody's child!"

I couldn't imagine going to the shops in PJs, not even if I was deathly ill. I'd throw a tracksuit or some jeans on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP, it makes it easier to drop the hand on them.

"Scratch me fanny yun fella!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

What I want to know is where do keep the 20 John Player Blue?

kylith wrote: »
    Every time I see them, which is quite often, I can hear The Mammy: "What are you doing? You look like Moll Feck! Get dressed, in the name of god. You look like nobody's child!"

Moll Feck....years since I heard that, nice darts trout :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Wazdakka wrote: »
    I think it is actually some form of zombydom.
    Fortunately it's mainly contained to the north side of Dublin and the scummier areas of other cities around the country.

*Ahem*

i have seen it all over the southside

What I want to know is where do keep the 20 John Player Blue?

Up the gee......

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

If this was just outre laziness I'd be all for it - why should you have to bother getting dolled up to pop round the Statoil for some milk. Alas, it's painfully obvious that many of the PJ brigade have indeed put on a fresh pair of flannels, smeared some sort of powdery grease on their faces and Winehoused their hair, making this as far from casual torpor as it's possible to get.

Mind you, I'm still wondering how it became acceptable to wear incredibly expensive running shoes all day every day when it's obvious you couldn't run if your life depending on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I think it looks ridiculous, but I guess the people who do it have a completely different set of cultural values to me and probably don't give a **** about my opinion.

Personally, I'd like to see the social paradigm shift so that there's no longer a stigma attached to going out wrapped in a duvet. I'd be far more likely to leave my house the morning after a heavy session.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Last week was the Irish now we are going to have a go at items of clothing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Pyjamas are so wrong full stop..

Sleep nekkid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fairycakes wrote: »
    I was in Newbridge on Sat night and spotted a girl getting out of her car wearing pink pinstripe pjs, why oh why would anyone do that?! :eek:
    Their tracksuit was in the wash obviously! :D

• Advertisement

The most shocking thing about this whole story is that you were in Newbridge on a Saturday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

i have seen it all over the southside

Yup.
    mainly contained to the north side of Dublin

But I don't think as much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

See it every so often up my part (Louth) of the country to be truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

kfallon wrote: »
    The most shocking thing about this whole story is that you were in Newbridge on a Saturday night :D

I know first time in Newbridge I won't be going back..:)

I know first time in Newbridge I won't be going back..:)

Is Swifts still open down there???

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

Yes Swifts was there I left after one drink!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's always the horrible jammies. Never the saucy stuff. Of course, seeing the size of some of them, probably better off.

Yes Swifts was there I left after one drink!

You stayed longer than most first timers then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

This is all new to me. I've never seen this carry-on in Belfast or Derry when I was there on holiday. And Londoners are much too classy to go about in PJs. Worn-out tracksuits and baggy jeans that look as if they could fall down at any moment and garish jewellery... That's about as trashy as they get. In fact I've a feeling that London women go to bed au naturel and they don't bother at all with PJs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yup.

But I don't think as much.

Its on the southside as well. Except the girls wear ugg boots, have back combed hair and sound like they're quoting Friends.

Advertisement