Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn €100 into €800 for IPAD

Options
  • 07-08-2010 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

I wanna buy an IPAD and I need €800

I have an account with William hill Online with €100

Could you lovely people give me some tips to achieve my dream

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread moved at request of OP.

You could try and slow build it, might take a while but if you go about it in the right way it's achievable. Nobody will be able to give you a single bet to get straight to your target unless it's pure luck!

I'd give you a horse or two to put a few quid on but anything I select is running like it has lost a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I have a couple of Weeks for this and I will bet on all sports from anywhere in the World

I will be in Shelbourne Park for Greyhound racing next Sat so I will have a flutter their .

Was there last month and Picket 6 out of 11 winners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I think the best way to do it, is to get three even money bets over a period of time.

You're never gonna get a 7/1 shot that is worth risking all you have on.

If it was my money, I would do three place only bets on Betfair.

Wait till there is horses that you fancy to win at around 9/2 to 6/1 in races with 8 to 12 runners, but just do them in the place market.

Saturdays are the best for value, but with the ground changing, it's not a great time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

have a hundred on laughing lashes at the curragh today 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

Get ready to buy your iPad :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Wonder was the advice taken?

I highly doubt it.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irish_hotspur

have a sky diver each way on bo van pelt (80/1) and justin leonard (100/1) at next weeks PGA in the states

leonard playing well this week and was second the last time it was played there

I didnt take it as I want to build up my money

100 is quite alot to me and to put it on one horse race is not my cup of tea

• Advertisement

Slow playing it is the best idea, good shout from SRFC though.

Watford, Norwich & Southampton all to win next weekend might be worth a tenner. Pays around 12/1. I'll be doing singles, doubles and a treble on them anyways.

should I be with betfair , Paddy power or WH probably is my first Question

WIZE wrote: »

If I was you and you are gonna to try three even money shots, or thereabouts - I would put the money in Betfair.

Reason being that, if the first two come up and you have €400, you will find it easier to place the last bet online than you would if you had the €400 in you hand in cash.

Have you a time limit?

Any date you are shooting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

WIZE wrote: »

Transfer the €100 to me , ill make it into 800 in 6weeks if not ill give you 200 back.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    If I was you and you are gonna to try three even money shots, or thereabouts - I would put the money in Betfair.

Reason being that, if the first two come up and you have €400, you will find it easier to place the last bet online than you would if you had the €400 in you hand in cash.

Have you a time limit?

Any date you are shooting for?

The sooner the better but no real time limit

didnt think youd do it but thought ya'd throw a score on her, not to worry remember dont gamble if ya cant take a loss,gl in your quest

I can afford it its just I want the 100 euro I have on my account to pay the IPAD .

I also wanna learn from you guys

If I had of won that you would be getting 100 in the post :)

ill pm you one horse every few days if i can and youll have your 800

SRFC wrote: »

thanks mate . Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

think i might join you in this for the laugh.
    I would be sticking to the football accumulaters as i know very little about the GG's!!

That watford, norwich and saints looks pretty good will probably go with some combos there for a 10 to start out.

A pm will do nicely for me aswll SRFC! Wouldnt mind trying to learn more about the horsies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Could you send on that PM too?!

Cheers

Pacifico wrote: »
    Could you send on that PM too?!

Cheers

Me too, I could do with some money for Electric Picnic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Start a log and we'll see what you can do! :)

nah i wouldnt want people following my personal selections,i dont mind sharing the odd bit of information now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

nah i wouldnt want people following my personal selections,i dont mind sharing the odd bit of information now and again

Boo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Cos we wouldn't want punters actually beating the bookie for once :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

x PyRo wrote: »
    Slow playing it is the best idea, good shout from SRFC though.

Watford, Norwich & Southampton all to win next weekend might be worth a tenner. Pays around 12/1. I'll be doing singles, doubles and a treble on them anyways.
    In the Carling cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭cson

If it was as easy as you allude to in your first post OP; would Paddy Powers share price be hovering north of the €20 mark at the moment? ;)

To turn 100 into 800 will take the following;

1. Serious discipline; pick and choose your fights carefully. This may be backing 2nd Fav e/w in an 8 runner handicap/backing Utd at home/Kilkenny on the handicap in GAA.

2. Understand that there is a massive difference between price and value; as Wilde once said there are people who know the price of everything but the value of nothing. A 1/2 shot may be laughed at by most punters as being 'no price' but if you reckon it should be 1/4 then you've found value. This is the key to successful gambling.

3. Relating to the discipline point in #1; set out a staking plan. 10% of bank = 1pt or something along those lines with a max bet of 2pts per day.

4. Record everything in excel.

5. Look for an edge in markets; the GAA season is almost over but witness the chap who was betting on the over/unders market with huge success. You want markets where there are only two outcomes - overs/unders in football for example. Tennis and the American Sports are also good for this.

Anyways, g luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

To turn that 100 quid into 183.33 fast:

bet on the UK 100 2 minute level- equal to or higher than <current market level> at 5/6.
    The level changes frequently, but if you watch the numbers for 1 minute 30 seconds you should be able to gauge the general direction of things. Put your 100 quid down before the final 30 seconds are up. This is just an option for you and maybe you'll want to run a mile from it, but I've won money doing this many more times than I've lost it. Oh, and if you do choose to put money down, obviously only do it if it seems unlikely that the market will drop in the final 30 seconds.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_betlive_financials_home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

im in the same position for the ipad. im only trying to raise 300 quid though....

Advertisement