Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Clippett wrote: »
    Who got MOTM in Kerry Galway out of interest ?

Shane Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Not a bad bet.

Shane Walsh over 4.5 points. He can take frees off the ground or from the hand and with both feet. Exceptional talent. 0-8, including three from play against Roscommon.

Also, Fintan Kelly over 0.5 points at 4/7. He has chipped in with a score in each of Monaghan's five championship games this year. 1-4 he has scored.

Shane Walsh scored 0-5 points after. Kelly didn't get on the scoresheet, was called ashore after 50 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Jennings Saturday 14/7
    (Thank you @bookman2)
    Tyrone -2 (vs Roscommon)
    3 points @ 4/5 +2.4

Over 36.5 points Tyrone vs Roscommon
    3 points @ 5/6 +2.5

Over 2.5 goals Tyrone vs Roscommon
    2 Points @ 11/10 +2.20

Over 1.5 Dublin goals (Dublin vs Donegal)
    2 Points @ evens +2

C Kilkenny Man of the match (Dublin vs Donegal)
    2 Points @ 13/2 -2

+7.1 for 14/7

Jennings 15/7

Kerry -2 (Kerry vs Galway)
    3pts 8-11 Betway -3

Kerry over 1.5 goals (Kerry vs Galway)
    2pts 6-4 BoyleSports -2

Over 34.5 points
    2pts 10-11 BoyleSports -2

Paul Murphy man of the match (Kerry vs Galway)
    1pt 14-1 BoyleSports -1

Kildare -1 (Monaghan vs Kildare)
    2pts 23-10 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

No goals (Monaghan vs Kildare)
    1pt 15-2 BoyleSports -1

-11 for 15/7

Jennings Update: -3.9 for 14/7 & 15/7, +0.04 for 2018.

He also made some additional selections for the Outright markets in addition to the ones here earlier in the season, as below:

Jennings Outright Recommendations 14/7

Kerry-Kildare straight forecast in Group 1
    1pt 11-2 Paddy Power

Galway to finish bottom of Group 1
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

Dublin-Tyrone straight forecast in Group 2
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power

Donegal to finish bottom of Group 2
    1pt 10-3 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Graham Brody to win an All-Star
    2pts 16-1 Paddy Power

Paul Geaney to win an All-Star
    3pts Evs Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Like the look of all the home teams this weekend, all very generously priced imo. Seems that bookies have been heavily influenced by reputations. Not sure of the best approach just yet, but singles on rossies and Tyrone will form part of the approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Like the look of all the home teams this weekend, all very generously priced imo. Seems that bookies have been heavily influenced by reputations. Not sure of the best approach just yet, but singles on rossies and Tyrone will form part of the approach.

I'd betaking the 3/1 on all away teams long before I'd start figuring out how to pick which home team might have a chance of winning

• Advertisement

Tyrone, Kildare and Monaghan all worth a flutter but Roscommon looked way out of their depth last weekend. Donegal will put a big score against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Tyrone, Kildare and Monaghan all worth a flutter but Roscommon looked way out of their depth last weekend. Donegal will put a big score against them.

Realistically Donegal need to win this by 10 points or more, so they will keep the hammer down. If and its not beyond the bounds of possibility, Tyrone beat Dublin in the later game, Donegal will be in huge trouble on score difference without a very big win v Ros.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

robbiezero wrote: »
    Realistically Donegal need to win this by 10 points or more, so they will keep the hammer down.

Give them a proper Hyde-ing.

I'l get me coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'd betaking the 3/1 on all away teams long before I'd start figuring out how to pick which home team might have a chance of winning

Monaghan look well placed to win at a price of 9/4, I'd be taking that bet alot quicker than 3/1 on 4 away teams to win.

I do happen to think the other 3 away teams will win, but I don't like the look of Kerry and that's a cracking bet for Monaghan in Clones.

Realistically Donegal need to win this by 10 points or more, so they will keep the hammer down. If and its not beyond the bounds of possibility, Tyrone beat Dublin in the later game, Donegal will be in huge trouble on score difference without a very big win v Ros.

Yep, Donegal will need to go for the kill. Would you fancy them to score over 20.5 @ 11/10? They created more chances from open play than Dublin last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tiernan McCann 5/6 to score with Boyles, 4/7 with PP.

Is score difference a tie-breaker? My understanding was that head to head records was the first tie breaker, therefore it will require 3 teams on 4 pts or 2 teams on 3 before it is an issue, anyone clarify?
    I really like Tyrone tomorrow, dubs haven't been firing yet, I also don't think Donegal are worth the respect they're being given by all. The odds on Kerry baffle me entirely and Kildare in their 'beloved (who knew?)' Newbridge are well worth supporting.
    Potentially serious egg on my face come Sunday evening, but it's 4 singles, smaller doubles, even smaller trebs and a tiny acca for me!!!

Just checked the official rules, first tie breaker is head to head record, score difference may not be that crucial, though both groups could see 3 teams tied on 4 pts. Wouldn't like to be the rossies next week if both they and the dubs lose tomorrow!!!

Jennings Update: -3.9 for 14/7 & 15/7, +0.04 for 2018.

He also made some additional selections for the Outright markets in addition to the ones here earlier in the season, as below:

Jennings Outright Recommendations 14/7

Kerry-Kildare straight forecast in Group 1
    1pt 11-2 Paddy Power

Galway to finish bottom of Group 1
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

Dublin-Tyrone straight forecast in Group 2
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power

Donegal to finish bottom of Group 2
    1pt 10-3 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Graham Brody to win an All-Star
    2pts 16-1 Paddy Power

Paul Geaney to win an All-Star
    3pts Evs Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Jennings 21/7 Recommendations

Under 21.5 Donegal points (Roscommon vs Donegal)
    3pts 4-5 BoyleSports

Under 2.5 goals (Roscommon vs Donegal)
    3pts 4-5 BoyleSports

Second half to be higher scoring (Tyrone vs Dublin)
    3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Under 19.5 Dublin points (Tyrone vs Dublin)
    2pts 10-11 Paddy Power

No goal (Tyrone vs Dublin)
    1pt 13-2 general

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Don't know how you could be confident of 2nd half highest in Omagh after Dublin keeping ball for last 15 mins against Donegal

365 has no goal at 9/1 in Tyrone game, the Irish firms have it around 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    365 has no goal at 9/1 in Tyrone game, the Irish firms have it around 6/1.

thats a nice little price, alot juice in that 6/1 seems about right so getting 9s happy out. Also like Michael murphy for donegal o5.5 5/6 expect decent game he should be involved as always, paddys are whole pt higher than boyles

manafana wrote: »
    thats a nice little price, alot juice in that 6/1 seems about right so getting 9s happy out. Also like Michael murphy for donegal o5.5 5/6 expect decent game he should be involved as always, paddys are whole pt higher than boyles

Murphy with 0-5 of Donegal 0-10 already. Donegal should get their total of 20.5 up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Murphy with 0-5 of Donegal 0-10 already. Donegal should get their total of 20.5 up?

game should went overs, few goal chances not taken and donegal hitting wides for fun, Murphy is machine bet was in after 45mins

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Tiernan McCann 5/6 to score with Boyles, 4/7 with PP.

Gets his score

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Favs coming home fairly easy so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

3pts 4-5 BoyleSports

3pts 4-5 BoyleSports

3pts 5-6 Paddy Power

2pts 10-11 Paddy Power

1pt 13-2 general

Pity Dublin got a goal!

Is score difference a tie-breaker? My understanding was that head to head records was the first tie breaker, therefore it will require 3 teams on 4 pts or 2 teams on 3 before it is an issue, anyone clarify?
    I really like Tyrone tomorrow, dubs haven't been firing yet, I also don't think Donegal are worth the respect they're being given by all. The odds on Kerry baffle me entirely and Kildare in their 'beloved (who knew?)' Newbridge are well worth supporting.
    Potentially serious egg on my face come Sunday evening, but it's 4 singles, smaller doubles, even smaller trebs and a tiny acca for me!!!

Just checked the official rules, first tie breaker is head to head record, score difference may not be that crucial, though both groups could see 3 teams tied on 4 pts. Wouldn't like to be the rossies next week if both they and the dubs lose tomorrow!!!

Didn't have to wait until Sunday for the eggy face!! At least Tyrone made a game of it late on, funny match, hard enough watching for the most part.
    Still like the homies tomorrow though!!

3pts 4-5 BoyleSports +2.4

3pts 4-5 BoyleSports +2.4

3pts 5-6 Paddy Power +2.5

2pts 10-11 Paddy Power +1.82

1pt 13-2 general -1

+8.12 today, +8.16 for 2018.

22/07 Selections:

Kerry -2 (Monaghan vs Kerry)
    4pts 11-10 Betway

No goal (Kildare vs Galway)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Anything on the club championship games lads, that's were the money can be made with the right bit of info

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway Monaghan double at 3.88/1

Galway should win.
    Kerry might have got their bad game out of their system last time and are well capable of winning -especially as they have to- but it's hard not to take Monaghan at that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Galway Monaghan double at 3.88/1

Galway should win.
    Kerry might have got their bad game out of their system last time and are well capable of winning -especially as they have to- but it's hard not to take Monaghan at that price.

First time cashing out in about 2 years, 3 minutes left, Monaghan still 4 up, only about 7 euro lost.

20180722_174313.png

Put the spare change on the draw then when it went to 3 points, because it's Kerry

20180722_174228.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I was in full Toto Wolff mode when that Galway equaliser came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Comer cost me 50... the prick

+8.12 today, +8.16 for 2018.

22/07 Selections:

Kerry -2 (Monaghan vs Kerry)
    4pts 11-10 Betway -4

No goal (Kildare vs Galway)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports +6

+2 yesterday, +10.16 for 2018.

• Advertisement