Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

PANCAKES :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Two options:

basic scrambled - (serves 2) 200g firm tofu, drained and well squeezed, then crumbled into scrambled egg sized pieces, 1/4 teaspoon tumeric, 1/2 or less teaspoon salt, handful of fresh herbs finely chopped (I normally use parsley and coriander or parsley and basil or parsley and tarragon depending on the mood), 2 spring onions finely chopped. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add crumbled tofu, salt and tumeric, stirring until tofu starts to brown, add herbs and spring onion and cook for 30 second more, then serve.

Mexican version - (serves 2 again) Tofu done same way as above, 1 jalepeno chili finely chopped, 1 spring onion finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tomato seeded and diced, fresh coriander finely chopped (as much as you like), 1/2 teaspoon of smoked or ordinary paprika, 1/4 teaspoon tumeric, 1 corn tortilla brushed with olive oil and heated on medium hot pan until crisp, then crumbled. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil to medium hot in a pan, add chill and onion, cook for one minute, then add tofu, paprika, tumeric and salt, cook til tofu starts to brown (about 3-5 mins), add tomatoes and coriander, cook for one more minute, mix in crumbled tortilla crisps and serve.

thanks for that! mmm id love the mexican one, love jalepenos!!

maybe my housemate will make me some scrambled tofu, i know id make a mess :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We can give it a shot I suppose. Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

We can give it a shot I suppose. Mmmm
    But...it's after 6pm :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is that not breakfast time for other people too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is that not breakfast time for other people too?
    I'm on the dole and it's not even my breakfast time.

Ah I forget to eat a lot, but I had breakfast today all right. Oh scrambled tofu is not just for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Reminds me of the ads on TV in America 'we're having breakfast for dinner!' still a popular quote around our house when we couldn't be arsed to cook abig dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Not exactly quick and easy (takes 20 minutes ish), but veggie fry-ups are nice at weekends! Mushrooms, onions, grilled tomatoes, toast, beans and/or scrambled tofu. If you mix in a spoon of vegemite with the mushrooms and onions it's extra delicious, and a spoon of curry powder omnomnom.

Peanut butter in porridge is really nice I think, a lot of people don't like it though. Specially nice with a banana chopped up in it, and that'll fill you for hours and only takes a few minutes to make.

Well then, I'm off to have breakfast for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Not exactly quick and easy (takes 20 minutes ish), but veggie fry-ups are nice at weekends! Mushrooms, onions, grilled tomatoes, toast, beans and/or scrambled tofu. If you mix in a spoon of vegemite with the mushrooms and onions it's extra delicious, and a spoon of curry powder omnomnom.

Peanut butter in porridge is really nice I think, a lot of people don't like it though. Specially nice with a banana chopped up in it, and that'll fill you for hours and only takes a few minutes to make.

Well then, I'm off to have breakfast for dinner.

I've been trying to find something to put in my porridge that wasn't fruit!! Mmm might try that! Yummeh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

veggie breakfast roll.

baguette , loads of butter , fried mushrooms, hash browns , small tin of heinz beans.

nyom nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

hash brown, fried egg & cheese (must be melted!) on a brown bap with loads of ketchup.

Preferably with a few cheese and onion crisps, a cup of machine coffee from the shop and a can of diet 7up. (see I have the diet 7up to make sure I don't put on weight :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

i have a boiled egg with a slice of toast.

i peel the egg and cut it and the toast into quarters, I then place each egg quater on to each toast quarter.

They're like little morning canapes! my workmates think I'm crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

cherryred wrote: »
    i have a boiled egg with a slice of toast.

i peel the egg and cut it and the toast into quarters, I then place each egg quater on to each toast quarter.

They're like little morning canapes! my workmates think I'm crazy.

Maybe they're having flashbacks to the 'Angel Heart' egg peeling scene:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Beans and waffles :) mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

For a really yummy breakfast (or lunch or dinner) I make Mexican eggs which is based on a Jamie Oliver recipe. Tis lovely, especially when the eggs are runny and burst out into the tomato sauce. Noms.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

I have porridge most mornings with a banana and seeds thrown in but on the weekends I sometimes have scrambled tofu and toast. You can throw in lots of different things like onion, mushrooms, herbs, spices, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, depending on what's at hand and they're great for anyone who misses eggs.

If I don't have tofu, I'll probaby have plain old beans on toast/waffles and some veggie sausages if I have them.

Advertisement