Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Chapman

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

From what I can gather the only reason he is still in prison is because Yoko Ono is basically insisting that he stays there and they seem to be listening to her. If he was anyone else then chances are, provided he is suitable for release of couse, he would be out by now.

That said, I think one of the last parole hearings he had he was denied on the basis that they couldnt guarantee his safety should he be released. Tbh theyre probably not wrong; I couldnt see the chap lasting a day when they let him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Kasabian wrote: »
    Agreed but thats not what I am saying , I beleive murder should equal life in prison . No exceptions.

By law as it stands today he should be released.

If you murder = full life in prison then why not bring in the death penalty and just save the state the expense of keeping the person for decades in prison?

Do you not believe that people change and grow up? For example, if someone at 18 is involved in a gang and kills someone, do you not believe that 40 years later at 58 they might not be the same moron that was involved in the gang? Obviously there are people who will never change, but to suggest that noone does is a madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

If he gets out, can they point him in the direction of Yoko, the X Factor and Jedward. "look you crazy motherf**ker, they're all phonies!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

djimi wrote: »
    If you murder = full life in prison then why not bring in the death penalty and just save the state the expense of keeping the person for decades in prison?

Do you not believe that people change and grow up? For example, if someone at 18 is involved in a gang and kills someone, do you not believe that 40 years later at 58 they might not be the same moron that was involved in the gang? Obviously there are people who will never change, but to suggest that noone does is a madness.

Because as history has shown mistakes are made , execution is terminal.

The person they have murdered has been denied the right to change why should the person that killed them be afforded that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Fizman wrote: »
    I don't see the point in that to be honest. In theory you are saying that you want to take away the murderers life by imprisoning him for the remainder of his days. Why not just execute him altogether then, and save the state hundreds of thousands of euros?

I think the punishment of prison is the greater , execution is the easy way out. Also I am a christian and I don't believe that we have the right to take a human life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Quick, close this thread.

People are saying terrible things about the man.
    He is bound to sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

I dont think he should be let out. He was and is mentally unstable.
    A danger to society imo.

Im biased tho cause i love the beatles. The greatest band of all time.
    Im not a Lennon fanboy btw, thought George was way cooler and a way better solo artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

... Imagine..................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah, spend your entire life in prison if you kill one person. Sure, when you've done your first, you might as well keep going if the penalty will be the same :pac:

He should definitely get the same sentence as the likes of Peter Sutcliffe..

Advertisement