Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing the Kona dream and a Mai Tai cocktail

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Friday PM

Gym
    Missed out on the lunchtime session so combined a shortened gym session and a short run on the dreadmill.
    45 mins - gym
    6.5km run in 31.22 in 4.49km pace

Saturday

35.46km LSR
    Headed down to the Phoenix Park to meet with a few ARTists. First 9km came in on the slow side but we picked it up for the remainder of the run with Meno, Briandrunner, Oisin1178 and myself doing the full 35kms. Great day to be out running and enjoyed the company.
    Knoknockmaroon hill was not a nice addition to climb up at 20 mile but myself and Meno climbed it like mountain goats whilst trying to catch the other two lads who opened up the pace for the last few kms. Recovery was very quick again and feeling good this evening. I will start reducing the distance on these now until i hit Barcelona Marathon.
    By the looks of it Barcelona could be a good/messy night out given some of the characters going:pac:
    Distance: 35.46km
    Time: 3:09:28
    PACE: 5.20km/8.35mile
    Avg HR: 145/162 - well within z2 with some z1 in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

..... If you have a link of your HOTW race report it would be cool to read.

Here you go JB http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831604&page=21 Budapest Worlds report on second last page also if interested.

Sunday
    Bike - 45 min pyramid session
    Jumped on the turbo whilst watching the 2nd half of the match, go on the Pool!! Felt full of beans today but did not want to overdue it too much.
    Time: 45 mins
    Distance: 25.1km
    Power: 236
    Cadence: 97
    HR: 138

Week 12 Summary
    31st Jan - 06th Feb|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|13|15:40|290.9km
    Swimming|2|2.39|7.2km
    Cycling|4|6:10|213.4km
    Running|6|6:06|70.3km
    Conditioning|1|:45|Strengthening Work/Core - Gym
    Other|0|0:00|

Totals so far
    15 Nov- 06 Feb|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|139|139:48|2272.1km
    Swimming|26|23:56|66.5km
    Cycling|37|49:46|1585.4km
    Running|58|52:51|620.2km
    Conditioning|12|10:55|Strengthening Work - Gym
    Other|6|3:30|Swim coaching

Overall a high mileage week and feeling stronger as the weeks go by. I have completed my 12 week base phase and will move into the build phase next week.
    Some numbers and positives/negatives from the first 12 weeks of base phase,
    Average weekly hours/kms - 11:37 / 189.34kms
    Average swim hours/kms - 1:58 / 5.54kms
    Average bike hours/kms - 4:07 / 132.12kms
    Average run hours/kms - 4:22 / 51.68kms

Positives
    1. Really happy with the swim progress as this was my big limiter coming into IM training. Will need to keep the focus on my swimming to make even more improvements in the next phase.
    2. My overall running pace is improving and was pleased with my Waterford half time which has resulted in reducing my marathon time attempts for Barca and London.
    3. Diet has improved and i am more or less at race weight already.

Negatives
    1. Need to rest up more and look after the body and engine
    2. Need to get out on the bike more rather than the turbo

Monday

Swim
    Moved the swim from early morning to straight after work as i was watching the Superbowl until late last night. Had my two eldest lads with me for a splash. The pool was crowded so did not get the full set in but did splash about at the end like a big kid:rolleyes:
    300 wu & 200 cd
    Distance: 2.4km
    Time: about 50 minutes

Recovery Run - 60 min Z1
    Lovely evening for a run. Really slowed the pace down and turned the legs over at a slow cadence. Had to stop off for a few minutes to get a dvd.
    Distance: 10.1km/6.36mile
    Time: 59:10
    Pace: 5.46km/9.18mile
    Avg HR: 144, hrm going wild again no w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Haven't been around here in quite a while, but just had a good read of your training log - took more than an hour. Now I will be ironing til after 11!

Firstly, a big congrats to yourself and Mrs JB on the new arrival.
    Secondly, HOLY SH!T, you are doing some training. Fair fecks to you, it can not be too easy getting up that early after putting in a big training session the previous day. Keep up the good work! C'mon Drogheda!
    Thirdly, I reckon you're going to have to be tested for banned substances before your races, if any officials get wind of this log!:D

That's a great long run you got in there over the week end. Barca won't be long coming round now. Looking forward to it. What day you flying out - I'm flying out on Fri with Ryanair, and back at 8am Mon - what was I thinking?

• Advertisement

Thanks Mac. I am flying out on the Saturday Ryanair flight and going back on the same one as you, don't know why i booked that one either!! Have you booked accomadation yet? If you are nearby where i am staying perhaps a taxi to the Airport might be the best option given the possibility of sore heads on the Monday morning.
    Hopefully meet up for a pint and put a face to the name after the race. Not sure if any plans have been made yet for everyone to meet up.

Tuesday

Lunchtime Bike
    Decided to commute into work and head out on the bike at lunchtime. Fairly windy out there but kept it at a decent clip. Might start leaving the car at home more often!!
    Distance: 21.28km & 6km commute
    Time: 43:31
    Speed: 29.3kpmh

Club Run - 6x1km intervals
    I finally decided to join the Drogheda & District AC and this was my first session tonight. I was suprised to see the numbers out tonight as i did not realise the club had so many members. I was unsure of what group to be in so jumped into a group of people who looked reasonably fit.
    I actually led out the group for the last 4 intervals as i was running well within myself on the first two. Felt comfortable throughout so i reckon i will join in a higher group next week and run these around 3.50-4.00km pace.
    Really enjoyed this and it makes it much easier doing these interval sessions with a group.
    My first race in the Drogheda colours will be the the Rás na Héireann which takes place on Sunday in Oldbridge and i think it's a 4 miler.
    Summary - 1k warm up in 4.59km and then 4.22/4.25/4.20/4.10/4.08/4.04 with 2 mins rest in between and a .77km cool down with a stretch after.
    Distance: 7.77km
    Time: 35:16
    Pace: 4.32km/7.18mile (interval pace was 4.14km/6.50mile)
    HR: 159/max 181

I had two large helpings of birthday cake when i got home, yum yum.

Wednesday AM
    AM Swim - planned 3km straight and 300 WU and 200 CD
    DF plan calls for a 3km straight session every 2 weeks in the build phase so i duly obliged. It's nearly 4 weeks since my last long straight swim of 2.5km in 58:49 so the aim was to try and get the 3km done in under 1:05 or therabouts.
    I had the westuit on for a change for this one to give the legs a rest and with a view to a long bike or run later this evening. Kept the stroke nice and long and at the 1.5k half way mark i took a quick peek at the watch and seen i was on for under the hour:eek:
    Maintained my stroke and the breathing and finished the last 300mtrs strong to clock 58:10 (avg 1.56 per 100). This is essentially an extra 500mtrs swam in more or less the same time as my 2.5km session 4 weeks ago.
    I have no doubt the wetsuit helped with the time but i was genuinely suprised by this. Not to get carried away but based on this morning this would have me around the IM swim course in about a 1.13/1.14 but open water and crowds need to be factored in. I even got a congratulatory smile from the hot lifeguard when i finished the session:)
    Distance: 3.5km
    3k Time: 58:10
    Total Time: 70 mins

Wednesday
    Lunchtime Bike - Hill Repeats (well 2 of them)
    Another commute in on the bike. Headed out to the old boyne bridge and headed up the Tullyallen road which is a 1.4km climb. This is perfect for hill repeats and also good for technical descents as the road is very twisty. Only managed two due to time constraints but will be looking at doing 5 or 6 of these when i get a chance.
    Time: 49:08
    Distance: 21.6km & 6km commute
    Speed: 26.4kpmh

Evening LSR
    The plan was to drop the LSR back to 30km but only managed to get 28km in. I did not enjoy this run at all, legs felt heavy throughout on the positive side weather permitting i can get out for a 4+ hour bike on Saturday morning. I spent 20 mins stretching and foam rolling tired legs.
    Time: 2:25
    Distance: 28km
    Pace: 5.10km/8.20mile
    HR: 147/max 162

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Wednesday AM
    I even got a congratulatory smile from the hot lifeguard when i finished the session:)

Be careful Jacky, this could be the smile of a lady who thinks you are a weirdo for using a wetsuit in a pool ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Wednesday AM
    AM Swim - planned 3km straight and 300 WU and 200 CD
    DF plan calls for a 3km straight session every 2 weeks in the build phase so i duly obliged. It's nearly 4 weeks since my last long straight swim of 2.5km in 58:49 so the aim was to try and get the 3km done in under 1:05 or therabouts.
    I had the westuit on for a change for this one to give the legs a rest and with a view to a long bike or run later this evening. Kept the stroke nice and long and at the 1.5k half way mark i took a quick peek at the watch and seen i was on for under the hour:eek:
    Maintained my stroke and the breathing and finished the last 300mtrs strong to clock 58:10 (avg 1.56 per 100). This is essentially an extra 500mtrs swam in more or less the same time as my 2.5km session 4 weeks ago.
    I have no doubt the wetsuit helped with the time but i was genuinely suprised by this. Not to get carried away but based on this morning this would have me around the IM swim course in about a 1.13/1.14 but open water and crowds need to be factored in. I even got a congratulatory smile from the hot lifeguard when i finished the session:)
    Distance: 3.5km
    3k Time: 58:10
    Total Time: 70 mins

Thats savage JB, well done, you must be delighted with that. That is some days work put in, a triple training day, like I said....Savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Wednesday
    Lunchtime Bike - Hill Repeats (well 2 of them)
    Another commute in on the bike. Headed out to the old boyne bridge and headed up the Tullyallen road which is a 1.4km climb. This is perfect for hill repeats and also good for technical descents as the road is very twisty. Only managed two due to time constraints but will be looking at doing 5 or 6 of these when i get a chance.
    Time: 49:08
    Distance: 21.6km & 6km commute
    Speed: 26.4kpmh

Evening LSR
    The plan was to drop the LSR back to 30km but only managed to get 28km in. I did not enjoy this run at all, legs felt heavy throughout on the positive side weather permitting i can get out for a 4+ hour bike on Saturday morning. I spent 20 mins stretching and foam rolling tired legs.
    Time: 2:25
    Distance: 28km
    Pace: 5.10km/8.20mile
    HR: 147/max 162

Christ that's savage going.

As regards post barcelona drinking, no where is decided yet, plan to go for a few on the fri night so we'll find somewhere good for sunday then, odds on it will be the irish pub just off the ramblas. Well those of us with a passport will anyway :rolleyes:

Could be a late one Sunday night, i'd be prepared to head straight to the airport if i were you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

As regards post barcelona drinking, no where is decided yet, plan to go for a few on the fri night so we'll find somewhere good for sunday then, odds on it will be the irish pub just off the ramblas. Well those of us with a passport will anyway :rolleyes:

This is where I suggest we start off. I have been in it a fair few times and has big open areas, perfect for groups and does cheap jugs of beer and sangria. Oh yeah and it's right beside my hotel :pac:

edit to say, option c in the link above- the Black sheep Bar 'l'ovella negra'. has a great tapas menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Yep, and also a bit of overkill IMO :cool: Grand doing an easy bike spinning teh legs out on the same day as an LSR but hill repeats are a good deal stiffer than that.

Dude how you did 3k in a pool with a wetsuit on is beyond me, were you not roasting? Good swimming nonetheless, you are really progressing rapidly in ever repect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Yep, and also a bit of overkill IMO :cool: Grand doing an easy bike spinning teh legs out on the same day as an LSR but hill repeats are a good deal stiffer than that.

Dude how you did 3k in a pool with a wetsuit on is beyond me, were you not roasting? Good swimming nonetheless, you are really progressing rapidly in ever repect
    Got to agree, a triple session with 2 long, 1 hard on a wednesday 4 months out from an ironman seems nuts to me.

catweazle wrote: »
    Be careful Jacky, this could be the smile of a lady who thinks you are a weirdo for using a wetsuit in a pool ;)

Very possible:)
    Thats savage JB, well done, you must be delighted with that. That is some days work put in, a triple training day, like I said....Savage!

Happy with the swim and bike for today and not so happy with the LSR, i paid for loading up a heavy day.

Could be a late one Sunday night, i'd be prepared to head straight to the airport if i were you :pac:
    menoscemo wrote: »
    This is where I suggest we start off. I have been in it a fair few times and has big open areas, perfect for groups and does cheap jugs of beer and sangria. Oh yeah and it's right beside my hotel :pac:
    edit to say, option c in the link above- the Black sheep Bar 'l'ovella negra'. has a great tapas menu too.

Sounds like a plan hopefully i will celebrating a decent time rather than drowning my sorrows.

100% agree it was foolish doing that type of bike session after a long swim and with an LSR planned for that night. Lesson learnt as i felt like **** after the run, thankfully an 8 hour sleep, plenty of stretching, foam rolling and wearing my compression socks have me feeling fresh again today.
    Wearing the wetsuit in the pool felt ok for the hour and i did not seem to overheat at all. The plan was to wear it to rest the legs for the LSR and then i go and do a stupid hard bike session in between :rolleyes:
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    Got to agree, a triple session with 2 long, 1 hard on a wednesday 4 months out from an ironman seems nuts to me.

Fully agree even doing 2 long sessions can sometimes be a push on its own but you live and learn. The next two days are relatively easy before the long bike at the weekend.

In summary savage = stupid.

I forgot to mention there is a decent bike ride on the 20th for those tri heads looking to get out for a group spin. It takes in some of the W200 and should be a decent few hours out on the bike. I attended one of their charity rides last year and it was very enjoyable.

http://www.braywheelers.com/downloads/PaddyMartinRandonneeroutemap2011.pdf
    http://www.braywheelers.com/downloads/PMRPoster11.pdf

Thursday

Lunchtime Gym - 60 mins
    Same old session really getting bored going to the gym and may look at using this 60 minutes elsewhere.

Evening Club Run
    6x600mtr intervals and 3.4km very very easy
    Ran for 1km at an easy pace to wake the legs up. After last nights run i did not want to hear the word "interval" just decided to take it handy and see how i got on. Ran the intervals in 2.18, 2.16, 2.14, 2.20, 2.21 and the last one in 2.15. Ran another 2km or so at snail pace and had a good stretch after it.
    Distance: 7km
    Time: 36.07
    Pace: 5.07km/8.14mile
    HR: 149/max 177

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

That was a lot to do on Wed alright! I would know Tullyallen hill as 'King Billy's Glen' - A good climb for sure.
    Thanks Mac. I am flying out on the Saturday Ryanair flight and going back on the same one as you, don't know why i booked that one either!! Have you booked accomadation yet? If you are nearby where i am staying perhaps a taxi to the Airport might be the best option given the possibility of sore heads on the Monday morning.
    Hopefully meet up for a pint and put a face to the name after the race. Not sure if any plans have been made yet for everyone to meet up.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this - hectic everyway, lately!
    I am staying in the 'Hotel Jazz' - the crumbiest name ever. It's just beside the university and near enough to La Ramblas, so should be easy enough to get to. Defo, all us Boardsies will have to meet up somewhere for a pint or several on the Sunday. Good idea on sharing a taxi - will see the cost and see also if it is handy to get from the hotel to the airport by public transport or airport shuttle first. I have done no research into it bar registering for the marathon and booking flights and accommodation. I think it's time to bump the Barca thread in the Events subforum and all decide on a meeting place for Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to the whole trip and European marathon experience.

Train smart dude.

Same here have not looked into how to get from the Airport and back. Just checked and your literally around the corner from me as i am staying in this place.

• Advertisement

Friday
    Lunchtime Swim
    300 wu, 10x50 off in 1.00, 5x100 off in 2.05, 3x200 off in 4.15, 8x50 kick and pull buoy drills and 200 wd.
    Total distance: 2.5km
    Time: 55 mins

Evening bike
    Literally just spun the legs out for 45 mins on the turbo to loosen the legs up for the planned long bike on Saturday.
    Distance: 23.45km
    Power: 178
    Cadence: 99

Saturday
    Long Bike & Short Run off the bike
    Headed out with a colleague from work just after 8.30. The plan was to take the old N1 road Drogheda-Dunleer-Castlebellingham-Dundalk-Newry-Forkhill-Dundalk-Ardee-Slane-back home. Started off slow enough and soon got working at a steady pace. We hit an average of about 27.3kpmh when we hit Newry and i still felt fresh and was cycling well within myself.
    Heading for home the wind was hitting us hard in particular when i hit the N2 from Dundalk-Ardee-Slane it was like being in a wind tunnel. That part of the route is challenging enough but with the strong winds the pace dropped considerably. The chap from work was struggling and tailed off at the Collon exit which takes about 12k off the route so my plan was to get back to the house before he did:) Sure enough i joined back up with him hitting Oldbridge and he said he had to lie down for 5 mins on the side of the road after i left him as he was fecked.
    Enjoyable ride but longer than planned as i would have liked something around the 4:30mark. Not to worried about the slow pace as i know i have a couple of extra kms per hour in the legs. Went for a short run off the bike, it was a strange feeling getting the legs to start running after 5 hours on the saddle:rolleyes:
    Summary here and here
    Distance: 132.2km bike/3.5km run
    Time: 5:11:44/17:11

Sunday
    Brought the family 2 minutes down the road to Oldbridge ro run the 6k cross country race. Jackyback Junior actually ran his first race in the 500mtr and done very well, he even managed a sprint finish overtaking a few in the last 100mtrs:)
    The mens was a much more serious affair. I was expecting to see a good few "fun runners" but oh no it was quite the international affair, even the US had a few runners over for it. So feeling out of my depth the plan was not to finish last which i completed as Mrs JB informed me there was a few behind me.
    I ran this in normal runners as i do not have any spikes or trail runners big mistake as i had no traction around most of the course. Still happy enough with the time and it was fun. My max HR came in at 241 :pac: that's what happens when your strap falls down around your waist!!
    Distance: 6.09km & 2k wu/2k cd
    Time: 26:50
    Pace: 4.24km/7.05 mile

Week 13 Summary
    07th Feb - 13th Feb|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|14|16:44|286km
    Swimming|3|2.55|8.4km
    Cycling|4|7:29|211.1km
    Running|6|5:20|66.5km
    Conditioning|1|0:60|Strengthening Work/Core - Gym
    Other|0|0:00|

Totals so far
    15th Nov- 06th Feb|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|153|156:32|2558.1km
    Swimming|29|26:51|74.9km
    Cycling|41|57:15|1796.5km
    Running|64|58:11|686.7km
    Conditioning|13|11:55|Strengthening Work - Gym
    Other|6|3:30|Swim coaching

Happy enough with the week in particular glad i got out on the bike for three out of the four sessions. I may have a work trip coming up in Seville for a few days next month so may bring the bike with me to get some good mileage in.
    I have a few niggles in particular the left hamstring is giving me slight bother so may see the physio next week for a full NCT.
    Just a swim planned for tomorrow and will take a break from the running and biking until Tuesday to give the body a much needed rest.

Monday
    A much needed rest day

Tuesday
    Lunchtime Bike
    I had planned to go out on the bike at lunchtime but with the pissing rain i was resigned to heading to the gym and jumping on the bike. An uneventful and boring 45 mins on the contraption.
    Distance: 24.3km

Evening Club Run
    I brought Jackyback Junior down for his first juvenile club session but it was cancelled due to the downpour and the run track was waterlogged. All the adults headed out onto the road for a session so not to dissapoint him we done our own little session. I took him on a 3k loop at a very easy pace.
    Great little runner and he has great running form.
    Dropped him home and the revised plan was to do about 15km at PMP.
    The revised revised plan seen me do just 4km at PMP and a further 3 km easy. I jogged it in as i am still feeling a niggle in the left hamstring so do not want to risk a serious injury. Last year i would just run on but have a bit more sense now and with an eye on IM later in the year.
    I have a session with my sports physio on Thursday so i will wait and see what he says before i do any more running.
    Time: 21:09 with junior / 36:43
    Distance: 3km/7.15km
    Pace: 7.03km/5.08km

Wednesday
    Swim AM
    In the pool for 6.30am for a 4km session. Felt good and strong even towards the end of the session so happy with the endurance right now.
    300 wu, 10x50, 10x100, 4x500, 200 wd
    Distance: 4km
    Time: 1:29

Bike PM
    Missed the lunch time slot due to a work meeting so left work bang on 5 for an early evening cycle rather than the turbo. I had to stop off on the way home from work for a few minutes to drop off the kit bag and put the lights on the bike. Enjoyable enough ride with just two small climbs of note, Tullyallen and Slane hill. No issues with the left leg so it seems to be just around the running.
    I am not a huge van of cycling in the dark due to the amount of goons blinding me with their full beams especially on the side roads. I found myself cursing each and every one of them, GRRRRRRRR
    Distance: 28.85km
    Time: 1:01:39
    Speed: avg28.1kpmh/max50.8kpmh
    HR: 142/159

catweazle wrote: »
    Savage training, you are a machine - well done.

I have one of those memory foam mattresses as well, they cost us a fortune but worth every penny, super conmfortable

As regards your gels, I use these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/science-in-sport-box-of-30-60ml-go-gel-sachets/

They go down much easier than your normal gels

Thanks CW i ordered these and had one tonight on the bike and it went down well. Also ordered the Torq bars and again these go down very easy.

Thursday
    Lunchtime Gym
    No core work done and fully concentrated the session on back, chest and shoulders. I will do a 20 minute core workout at home tomorrow evening.
    Time: 50 mins

Club Run - 6x600mtr intervals
    I had not planned to run as i was due to see the sports physio this evening. But ended up heading down as junior had his own training on. We completed a 1.5km warm up with a few 100mtr strides put in. The main set was 6x600mtrs but i took it easy hitting 2.20, 2.16, 2.16, 2.19, 2.23 and pushed a little more with a 2.07 in the last. I still have not mastered setting the garmin up correctly for the intervals. I ran another 4 lenghts of the track (3.2km) after the interval set whilst waiting on Junior. Not sure of the pace as i was afraid to touch the garmin in case i fecked up my interval splits
    Distance: 8.6km
    Time: 40mins?
    Summary

I went to my physio this evening and all is good. The pain in the left leg is nothing serious and he quickly massaged away any niggles i had. On a positive note he said my flexibility and muscle definition has greatly improved since the last time i was in with him. The guy i use is bloody excellent and i feel like i have a new pair of legs.
    I cannot help but think the hamstring niggle was more my mind playing tricks on me given my DCM experience last year and with Barca fast approaching:rolleyes:

I am heading away with the family next week with the mid term school break on. Rented out a nice little cottage in Lahinch so i plan on getting a fair bit of training in especially some early morning spins on the bike along the lovely west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I am heading away with the family next week with the mid term school break on. Rented out a nice little cottage in Lahinch so i plan on getting a fair bit of training in especially some early morning spins on the bike along the lovely west coast.

Be careful if your running on the path along by the beach in Lehinch. I picked up a nasty injury there before running along the path alongside the golf course towards liscanner. It starts out great but gets very rocky after the car park ends and you have to watch your step. Stick with the roads imo. Enjoy!

Be careful if your running on the path along by the beach in Lehinch. I picked up a nasty injury there before running along the path alongside the golf course towards liscanner. It starts out great but gets very rocky after the car park ends and you have to watch your step. Stick with the roads imo. Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up will bear that in mind. Need to get a head torch asap as i will be doing the runs at night time more than likely and i would say the country roads will be pitch black.

• Advertisement

Friday

AM Swim
    The plan: 300wu/25x100 off 2.00/2x500/200wd
    I actually only managed 22x100 and i was off in 2.05 as i was only in on 2.00 for the majority of them which is slower than normal. The arms from Thursdays session had me feeling slightly fatigued as my pull was not as strong as usual so may move that gym session out to Friday lunchtime so it does not interfere with my swim sets.
    I hope to get 38x100's in on 1.55 and off in 2.00 in the next two weeks
    Distance: 3.7km
    Time: 1:25

PM LSR
    Received some bad news this afternoon so just wanted to get out straight after work for a run to clear the head. What ended up starting off as a 60 min easy run turned into my LSR for the week. The conditions were cack with the wind & rain but i feel much better after doing it.
    Distance: 24km/14.9mile
    Time: 2:06:14
    Pace: 5.15km/8.27mile
    HR: 147/max 170...slightly higher than normal for the pace

Advertisement