Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food: The Ultimate Secret Exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.
    Bounce it back if it doesn't suit here either.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I guess its better here i dunno Billy...

Thank you for the concern :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Sorry bro people dont like to talk about flouride in our water and even less the consequences of it.So it gets bounced to here with it can be discussed as a theory.
    Welcome to the CT forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Torakx wrote: »
    people dont like to talk about flouride in our water and even less the consequences of it

Possibly torakx but I'd guess it was the 2 youtube links that done it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

No Sound on this Machine, But Lithium????????? whats the story?

I did a quick google but am a little unsure as to whether or not its being Added to some water supplies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

The filthy animals want to poison us, simple as!, flouride is cancer causing crap.
    220px-MildFluorosis02-24-09.jpg

But it's great for teeth, just a toxin, but hey why not have a aquafresh smile?, the family on the ad make it look cool, so why not?

here's some bullsh1t if you'd like to read it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There was an interesting case brought against the state some years ago about the fluoridation of water supplies - http://www.bailii.org/ie/cases/IESC/1965/1.html

From Wiki -
    In Ryan v. Attorney General (1965), the Supreme Court of Ireland held that water fluoridation did not infringe the plaintiff's right to bodily integrity. However, the court found that such a right to bodily integrity did exist, despite the fact that it was not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution of Ireland, thus establishing the doctrine of unenumerated rights in Irish constitutional law.

I wonder if it could be tested further in court today..

Anyway, personally I refuse to drink fluoridated water on health grounds. Haven't done so for about 10 years. There's a well drilling company in my village which provide welled water from a tap at their premises and I fill a ten gallon drum whenever I need it.

I don't even see why people look at the whole issue as a conspiracy, fluoride is dangerous, it's been shown to be true.. and the fact that in the year 2010 it's still being fed to us is frightening.. Maybe 40-50 years ago when efficient dentistry and other health services and technologies were harder to come by, it was a good idea.. but not today, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Fluoride in tap water can cause bone cancer in boys, a disturbing new study indicates, although there is no evidence of a link for girls.
    New American research suggests that boys exposed to fluoride between the ages of five and 10 will suffer an increased rate of osteosarcoma - bone cancer - bet-ween the ages of 10 and 19.

The increased cancer risks, identified in a newly available study conducted at the Harvard School of Dental Health, were found at fluoride exposure levels common in both the US and Britain. It was the first examination of the link between exposure to the chemical at the critical period of a child's development and the age of onset of bone cancer.
    Webmaster's Commentary:

Parents, this is reason enough to start screaming at the local city councils to stop the practice of fluoridation of your city's water supply immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

I find this video interesting..
    The world is being controlled by the big corporations and governments. We know.

But they are trying to wipe out the population?
    In that case I worry for my children and theirs..
    What will happen really?

And if we shouldnt drink the water or eat the food, what should we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aureliousm1

I find this video interesting..
    The world is being controlled by the big corporations and governments. We know.

But they are trying to wipe out the population?
    In that case I worry for my children and theirs..
    What will happen really?

Drink>
    Get a proper filter that removes as much of the crap as possible, good ones are around 200 yoyo's...and its worth it! Feel better, clearer mind etc!

Eat>
    What you should do is grow your own!!! If you can't go to your local veg market and buy fresh, get to know the seller so your sure it is good quality, go to a local butchers and make sure your meat is all from a local farm where the animals are kept well and not fed on hormones etc... just do a bit of research, so easy now with the internet!!

Most of all enjoy the freedom to choose what you do!!:D

Slan.
    AM1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Bog Warrior

Anyone know fluoridation amounts in Ireland by county/area?
    I heard the entire tap water supply is not fluoridated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Use a reverse osmosis filter, brita etc dont remove flouride, boiling water increases flouride. A lot of water is wasted with reverse osmosis but can be diverted to wahing machines or storage cylinders and used as non drinking purposes.

Food as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Relevant video doing the rounds at the moment... 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Dude111 wrote: »
    hqdefaultq.th.jpgFood: The Ultimate Secret Exposed - PT 1/2

hqdefaultvf.th.jpgFood: The Ultimate Secret Exposed - PT 2/2

Really now....If they really wanted to make us "healthy" by adding chemicals to our water,they would add MINERALS AND VITAMINS!

Why Flouride? Why Lithium?

Yes, welcome to the CT Forum!

Though in my opinion as regards the subject it is well-past the stage of conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

Has anyone ever looked at food labels and seen all the chemicals in the food we consume its sick.

Two months ago I made a complaint to the health authority on Tesco milk over the Phosphorous added to their milk "200ml = 196mg of Phosphorous"

http://www.tescofarming.com/v3/whats-in-milk.asp

Definition : http://www.answers.com/topic/phosphorus

I rang golden vale to ask them do they use it as its not on their label and they don't use it and had no idea why it would be used.

Phosphorous is the main ingredient in rat poison and fertilizers and its not naturally forming it has to be created, Tesco's label says no additives or preservatives added!!

The milk has been sen't to a lab for testing and I'm still waiting on the results of that test.

They did reviews of the other milk labels in Ireland all of them and Tesco milk is the only one to say they use this chemical.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Audiomad wrote: »
    Has anyone ever looked at food labels and seen all the chemicals in the food we consume its sick.

Two months ago I made a complaint to the health authority on Tesco milk over the Phosphorous added to their milk "200ml = 196mg of Phosphorous"

http://www.tescofarming.com/v3/whats-in-milk.asp

Definition : http://www.answers.com/topic/phosphorus

I rang golden vale to ask them do they use it as its not on their label and they don't use it and had no idea why it would be used.

Phosphorous is the main ingredient in rat poison and fertilizers and its not naturally forming it has to be created, Tesco's label says no additives or preservatives added!!

The milk has been sen't to a lab for testing and I'm still waiting on the results of that test.

They did reviews of the other milk labels in Ireland all of them and Tesco milk is the only one to say they use this chemical.

Good one! Please maybe keep us posted on what happens with that? ;)

Good one! Please maybe keep us posted on what happens with that? ;)

Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michael Doherty

Relevant video doing the rounds at the moment... 5 mins

my gosh....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Reading this

http://www.milkfacts.info/Milk%20Composition/vitaminsminerals.htm

it states that Phosphorus is a natural part of milk.

Do tesco actually state that they add Phosphours to their milk, or are they just stating that it is in the milk (the link you posted above seem to imply the latter)?

The second link you provide also states :-
    A chemical element, atomic number 15, atomic weight 30.974, symbol P. Phosphorus is an essential element in the diet. In the form of phosphates it is a major component of the mineral phase of bone and is involved in almost all metabolic processes. It also plays an important role in cell metabolism. It is obtained by the body from milk products, cereals, meat and fish, and its use by the body is controlled by vitamin D and calcium.

It would seem that tesco are the only ones to go into such detail as to what is in milk, but ALL will will contain phosphorus, in one form or another.

Reading this

http://www.milkfacts.info/Milk%20Composition/vitaminsminerals.htm

it states that Phosphorus is a natural part of milk.

Do tesco actually state that they add Phosphours to their milk, or are they just stating that it is in the milk (the link you posted above seem to imply the latter)?

Phosphorus is not naturally forming, The reason I made the complaint was because phosphorus is a poison thats why I'm waiting on the results of the test, they found it weird that it would even be stated on the label as they had no idea why it would be used, added or have been allowed to get into the milk.

196mg is what they have stated on the label that means that Tesco have tested this them selfs.

I'm not a biologist so I cant say anything about if its harmful or not until I get the results, All I can say is just from what I've investigated.

One thing I noticed about Tesco milk and Irish milk is that Irish milk is creamy while Tesco milk is watery with a tangy after taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Phosphorus is not naturally forming, The reason I made the complaint was because phosphorus is a poison thats why I'm waiting on the results of the test, they found it weird that it would even be stated on the label as they had no idea why it would be used, added or have been allowed to get into the milk.

196mg is what they have stated on the label that means that Tesco have tested this them selfs.

I'm not a biologist so I cant say anything about if its harmful or not until I get the results, All I can say is just from what I've investigated.

One thing I noticed about Tesco milk and Irish milk is that Irish milk is creamy while Tesco milk is watery with a tangy after taste.

And what do you mean it's not naturally occurring? It's found in many minerals on the Earths crust. It's not found freely because it reacts with oxygen.

Just so you know, Phosphorous is a component of our DNA. It also plays a huge part in cell signalling in our bodies due to what's known as phosphorylation.

Read this, paying particular attention to the nucleosynthesis of phosphorous and then tell me that it's "Not naturally forming and has to be created".
    http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_ArticleLinking/DisplayArticleForFree.cfm?doi=b416855k&JournalCode=CS

"Phosphorous is the eleventh most abundant element on the Earths crust"

RoboClam wrote: »
    And what do you mean it's not naturally occurring? It's found in many minerals on the Earths crust. It's not found freely because it reacts with oxygen.

Just so you know, Phosphorous is a component of our DNA. It also plays a huge part in cell signalling in our bodies due to what's known as phosphorylation.

Read this, paying particular attention to the nucleosynthesis of phosphorous and then tell me that it's "Not naturally forming and has to be created".
    http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_ArticleLinking/DisplayArticleForFree.cfm?doi=b416855k&JournalCode=CS

"Phosphorous is the eleventh most abundant element on the Earths crust"

There are different variations of phosphorus : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus

There are different variations of phosphorus : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus

What exactly are you referring to?

What exactly are you referring to?

phosphorus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

you may be interested in this site, it lists the amount of phosphorous in everyday food stuffs

I hope this helps?

http://www.healthyeatingclub.org/info/books-phds/books/foodfacts/html/data/data5f.html
    PHOSPHORUS INTAKE

There is no recommended intake for phosphorus in Australia.

In the U.S.A. the allowance for adults is 900 milligrams per day. Pregnant and lactating women, and children during years of rapid growth (10 to 18 years) should have a higher intake of 1200 milligrams per day.

I'm not meaning to nit-pick here, but that is still not a statement that they are adding phosphorus to their milk, it is stating the amount of phosohorus in their milk which could be there naturally. I would be interested if they do state that they are adding it, as I drink tesco milk :)

*edited because I made a pigs ear of the quotes (and spelling) :/

phosphorus

Yeah thanks I got that. What I mean is what does "different variations of Phosphorus" mean? Try to give me more than a one word answer if you can.

Do you mean the different chemical compounds it is part of? Or do you mean its different isotopes?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

there is an excellent documentary called ''the fluoride deception'' it is well worth a watch
    i'm sure it is downloadable off 'isohunt.com ' or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I read somewhere that you actually don't need food to survive. All the stories you hear about people dying of hunger strike and starvation in Africa are not actually true. They're stories invented by the world government to fool people. It's just another way get people's money. When you don't eat and you become 'hungry', the uneasy feeling you have is just a result of the chemicals the government puts in the water so that if you don't eat a lot you'll feel pain and you'll think you're hungry. Ever notice that when you go on to a weight loss programme you're always told to drink water? This is just fabricated information that the government feeds to the public to insure that they'll make money off you.

People don't eat food. Food is a government conspiracy.

Ok first of all, you're crazy. Go sit in a corner.
    Yeah thanks I got that. What I mean is what does "different variations of Phosphorus" mean? Try to give me more than a one word answer if you can.

Do you mean the different chemical compounds it is part of? Or do you mean its different isotopes?

I presume he's talking about the different compounds and phosphates.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

there is an excellent documentary called ''the fluoride deception'' it is well worth a watch
    i'm sure it is downloadable off 'isohunt.com ' or something similar
    It's up on Youtube. Here's the first part. There are 7 parts in total, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y8uwtxrHo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

humanji wrote: »
    It's up on Youtube. Here's the first part. There are 7 parts in total, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y8uwtxrHo

Yeah that's it

i also found it on isohunt too
    http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/117932637/fluoride+deception?tab=summary

What do you mean I'm 'crazy'?! I haven't eaten for 5 solid weeks and I'm still alive.

why would you say that if just a couple of days ago you ''read somewhere that you actually don't need food to survive''

now i think you're crazy

but any way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

or just try googling

BREATHARIANISM

Advertisement