Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike's Big Butt Campaign

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's to help give the illusion that she has a big butt. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Wibbs wrote: »
    And the fact the photographer got her on tippy toes in runners to make her legs look longer. Like I say IMHO same crap, different spin. The scarred knees one would have worked if they hadnt gone daft with the copy.

I could be wrong but I assumed what with the hand wraps that she was supposed to be involved in/training for boxing which would explain the up on the toes stance, of course she'd probably be wearing Lonsdale rather than Nike in that case :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd still put money its more to do with the look than training.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Posy wrote: »
    It's to help give the illusion that she has a big butt. ;)

Ah, marketing such as this is obviously wasted on me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Jeepers if I had a body like yer wan I'd be well chuffed :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't think she has a big butt at all! I agree though I'd be well chuffed to have her figure. I'm still puzzled as to why the ad says 'embassador' if it is real though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm still puzzled as to why the ad says 'embassador' if it is real though?

The ad in the OP turned out to be fake, but the text was lifted from a 2005 real campaign that was able to spell it correctly :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

This was the real one:

nike3_081205_big.jpg

Doesn't Mary have a lovely bottom? I'm sure they all have lovely bottoms, that truly is a wonderful bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Sorry for dragging this thread up again but a article in the Daily Mail today reminded me of it again...turns out that Reebok ad was totally wrong..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1334652/Kelly-Brooks-EasyTone-Reebok-trainers-unfit-purpose.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I could be wrong but I assumed what with the hand wraps that she was supposed to be involved in/training for boxing which would explain the up on the toes stance, of course she'd probably be wearing Lonsdale rather than Nike in that case :p

Her stance is backwards. Should be left foot out, right leg heel up.

I can't understand why she's not wearing shorts/ tracksuit bottoms for training.... :confused:

Not surprised to hear Easy Tones don't really work. If you belived you could get scrawny like the wriggly ass girls on those ads wearing runners then you're a fool tbh. No offence.

Also, Kelly Brook needs less training and more food these days - she looks unhealthy. Where did her curves go??

• Advertisement
Advertisement