Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Colour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

I found out in living colours Facebook page by pure luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbdrums

bnt wrote: »
    Maybe you should put quotes around "promoter", given that it's not been advertised anywhere, and folks are finding out about it here ... it's not even on the Button Factory website. :rolleyes:

Can you relax on the promoter crap. I'm promoting the gig.the contract was signed on Monday and tickets went on sale on Tuesday.advertising will start next week.
    I am not a promoter!!I am a fan of the band who put his money where his mouth us and got the band to play here.I'm taking a financial risk and you should be grateful they're playing here. But if you bought a ticket I'm grateful so thanks.
    It's going to be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wiirdo wrote: »
    Do we have any fans here? Of course most of you guys will know them for Cult of Personality but their first two albums are brilliant, and the others are good as well. Really under-rated band IMO.
    Brilliant band. Not under-rated at all. Under-known!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbdrums

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody know who the promoter for this gig is?

I am.hope u bought ur ticket.100 sold already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jbdrums wrote: »
    Can I have a free one?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ah fair play. Haven't bought a ticket yet but good luck with the endeavor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Can you relax on the promoter crap. I'm promoting the gig.the contract was signed on Monday and tickets went on sale on Tuesday.advertising will start next week.
    I am not a promoter!!I am a fan of the band who put his money where his mouth us and got the band to play here.I'm taking a financial risk and you should be grateful they're playing here. But if you bought a ticket I'm grateful so thanks.
    It's going to be a great gig.

Stumbled across this purely by accident.
    Huge fan of the band, fair play for getting them over.

Looking forward to the gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Last night's gig in San Francisco is on Yahoo. Probably the deadest crowd I've ever seen at a gig. And what the hell is Corey Glover wearing?

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/living-colour

EDIT - Having watched bits of this, i can see why the crowd were nearly asleep. Plenty of self-indulgent wankery going on. Just play some damn songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

European tour cancelled. :(

http://www.livingcolour.com/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Gutted, was looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Crapola!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Balls

Gutted. Back in spring according to Facebook. Jaysus.

Apologies for bumping this thread but.....

I see living colour are back on a European tour later this year....but no Irish dates listed. So much for the last gigs being rescheduled.

News album called Shade out September 8 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Of all the Chris Cornell tributes so far, this one really stands out-just brilliant.
    I was unaware they were even still together ....:o
    (apologies to you hardcore fans ;-) )

Saw the Chris Cornell tribute and new album release date alright. Still doesn't make it any less irritating that they're ignoring Ireland in their tour. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just turn on the radio and it’ll tell you why. When was the last time you heard Living Colour on the radio? When will you ever hear Living Colour, or bands like Fishbone on Irish radio? Not anytime soon.
    It’s pop and *a lot* of ****e over hyped indie rock.

Maybe ticket sales for the gig that was called off were poor so the promoter didn't see it worthwhile to book them again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

More than likely. A pity though. I'd love to see Fishbone here.

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Just turn on the radio and it’ll tell you why. When was the last time you heard Living Colour on the radio? When will you ever hear Living Colour, or bands like Fishbone on Irish radio? Not anytime soon.
    It’s pop and *a lot* of ****e over hyped indie rock.

Yup. Radio music is mostly tripe, and I sincerely doubt that is only an Irish radio issue. Plenty of bands not getting air play will tour here if they've enough of a fan base tho.

Advertisement